Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Renovation NOT on delegations list of priorities

1. -11
    GO Deep!! F'N DEEP!!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Got this quote from the Sun-Sentinel. I would not be too worried about this, it will get consdidered.

And to those that think it does not matter.....Well IMO it does. Maybe not for you, but to a whole lot of other people. Restaurant and bar owners and their employees see more business, hotels and their employees, and so on and so on. Then those people have more money to spend and the state and city and the county collected more in taxes to spend on other things. I just get so sick of people calling this corporate welfare. There is a cost-benefit relief that the governments will see, (increased hotel taxes) this is an investment. More business=more taxes.

"At a meeting last week, House Speaker Will Weatherford, with Senate President Don Gaetz in agreement, said that he would like all proposals to assist sports teams be considered at one time. Among the other bills being considered by the Legislature is one that would make a proposed Orlando soccer stadium eligible for state money."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-lawmakers-like-miami-dolphins-20130205,0,5993517.story
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    We have real important issues in this state...

Corporate welfare isn't worthwhile.

Enough of that garbage...sick of my fees taxes and rates going up to subsidize corporate welfare.
    Seeing as how NONE of the taxes proposed would come from any of us living in Florida, your comment is a bit ignorant. Like a lot of our leaders these days, never let the facts get in your way!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    Drive anywhere on 595 and then tell me that the super bowl or a stadium renovation should be a top priority. That's one of the crappiest highways in the country. Much bigger issues in south Florida.
    Then you would want them to get the renovations. It would bring in more tax dollars to spend on highway projects. The proposed taxes are taxes that would come from tourist staying in hotels, it's called a bed tax. It would push it to 7%. States like NY have their bed taxes at or near 17%.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Then you would want them to get the renovations. It would bring in more tax dollars to spend on highway projects. The proposed taxes are taxes that would come from tourist staying in hotels, it's called a bed tax. It would push it to 7%. States like NY have their bed taxes at or near 17%.
    Do your research, the Super Bowl has barely made any economic impact the last several times they hosted here compared to years that Miami didn't have a Super Bowl. The ones who benefits are the corporate people of Holiday Inn's, Marriott's, and other hotels and restaurant owners. Employee checks of servers/bellboys also benefits. What exactly does that do for Miami? Nothing.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly, there are so many issues with budgets both at the state level and city level, this money is better off spent on things more important than sports.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    Do your research, the Super Bowl has barely made any economic impact the last several times they hosted here compared to years that Miami didn't have a Super Bowl. The ones who benefits are the corporate people of Holiday Inn's, Marriott's, and other hotels and restaurant owners. Employee checks of servers/bellboys also benefits. What exactly does that do for Miami? Nothing.
    There are as many or more that say the opposite. To me it's common sense. If more ppl are going to arrive at destination for an event, that would in turn bring in more money to that area if that event was not there.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eger View Post
    Honestly, there are so many issues with budgets both at the state level and city level, this money is better off spent on things more important than sports.
    The money can not be used for anything but sports franchises expanding their facilities. Dee made that very very very very very clear in their PC concerning this.

There is so much misinformation with this subject it's scary. I have no doubt it will not happen, and we will in turn get less Super Bowls and in time we will lose the Dolphins to another city. Some ppl never let the facts get in the way of their agenda.

And wtf man, you don't even live in Florida let alone Miami.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    We have real important issues in this state...

Corporate welfare isn't worthwhile.

Enough of that garbage...sick of my fees taxes and rates going up to subsidize corporate welfare.
    Interesting because if the location on your avatar is correct you live in Palm Beach county so if there was a tax hike (which my understanding is the only taxes that go up would only effect tourists) it wouldn't effect you anyway.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Interesting because if the location on your avatar is correct you live in Palm Beach county so if there was a tax hike (which my understanding is the only taxes that go up would only effect tourists) it wouldn't effect you anyway.
    Exactly, tourists are the ones who will be paying for the renovations. I am not a local so I am considered a tourist when I come down for Dolphins games. I am perfectly fine with them taxing me to upgrade the stadium.

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Romano View Post
    Just an FYI....595 is currenlty under major construction....and yes it needed it.
    Yeah but only some parts are under construction though.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote