Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stadium Renovation NOT on delegations list of priorities

1. -31
    Dolphins 4-Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I didn't realize all the Miami residents lived in hotels and therefore are paying the extra 1% bed tax. No wonder they don't want the renovations.

@spesh it's not people who use tax payers money for food that are low life scum. It's the many who use it as the only income their willing to try for. Taking advantage of the system is what makes them low life scum and there are way to many doing it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    Wrong, I would want them to use the money on the state highways on the first place. I find it amusing that you're saying "only tourists will pay" like it's some kind of acceptable excuse. What do you think the tourists tax money pays for now?
    Its not used for highways, schools, are anything of the sort. In government finance, every revenue stream has a unique output, and all monies collected from the "bed tax" are streamlined through just a few programs, none of which are use on state highways. When the government collects taxes, the money isnt put into one giant bucket to fund all government programs. In fact, 60% of that "bed tax" in Miami goes to fund programs for people that dont even live here.

http://www.miamidade.gov/taxcollecto...penditures.asp
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Seeing as how NONE of the taxes proposed would come from any of us living in Florida, your comment is a bit ignorant. Like a lot of our leaders these days, never let the facts get in your way!
    So florida residents never use hotels in florida lol.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Its not used for highways, schools, are anything of the sort. In government finance, every revenue stream has a unique output, and all monies collected from the "bed tax" are streamlined through just a few programs, none of which are use on state highways. When the government collects taxes, the money isnt put into one giant bucket to fund all government programs. In fact, 60% of that "bed tax" in Miami goes to fund programs for people that dont even live here.

http://www.miamidade.gov/taxcollecto...penditures.asp
    It was a metaphor, dude. Doesn't matter what the tax is or how it's used, it will have an impact on south Florida citizens, regardless if it comes from tourism money or not.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    There is still no set date for the renovations, right? It wouldn't seem like it after reading the article. Hopefully we can get this thing rolling soon.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    There is still no set date for the renovations, right? It wouldn't seem like it after reading the article. Hopefully we can get this thing rolling soon.
    swe can get this rolling tommorrow if the nfl and ross used some of their immense profits to take care of their own crap
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    So florida residents never use hotels in florida lol.
    Dude, move out of the hotel and rent, OK?

WTF!
    Quote Quote  

8. -38

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    The beauty of American sports: let me socialize my costs or im leaving. Dress it up however you like, it still boils down to blackmail. And personally, if i was a politician agreeing to this deal, id be worried about it and doing all my due diligence. Tax payers are paying for the baseball stadium until 2049, and the Dolphins are $230 million in debt from their LAST set of renovations. What happens in 5 years when our owner decides to dress the stadium up some more?

But hey, if some roads cant be maintained or a hospital cant be built, no worries, you can just walk(youd be forced to walk) to the stadium to enjoy some good ole' fashion football. After you buy a ticket of course.
    I'll make something very clear for you. Whenever businesses get tax breaks or some kind of loan like this, that is the furthest thing from socialization of anything. People like Ross create jobs, and as a state you want ppl like that in your neck of the woods so to speak. Welcome to the real world, welcome to how our economy works, or rather how it use to work, when it actually worked. I for one want Florida to do well, and to prosper. If we lose ppl and in turn a franchise like the Dolphins we all suffer.

The highway stuff, is just nonsense!
    Quote Quote  

9. -39

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    It was a metaphor, dude. Doesn't matter what the tax is or how it's used, it will have an impact on south Florida citizens, regardless if it comes from tourism money or not.
    Sorry, it is very important what it is used for, it's the point!
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Dude, move out of the hotel and rent, OK?

WTF!
    Im from Tampa and I go to Miami pretty often so what do u think I do when I got to Miami
    Quote Quote