Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Stadium Renovation NOT on delegations list of priorities

1. -61
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    The point you continue to miss, if you do not invest in your economy you won't get a return. The city needs to invest in the Dolphins for once in this century. It's been nearly 50 years since they have invested in the cities premier sports franchise in any serious way. The city of Miami has got a free ride from the Dolphins for far too long. Investing in modernizing JRS won't take away ONE job for any current or future highway programs. If you can't admit that, have a nice day.

On a side note, highway programs is not the backbone of any cities economy, or countries economy. Some of you have been told a HUGE lie by a certain so called leader of this country.

Right up until the moving trucks pull up...
    And what you fail to realize is that Joe Robbie and Stephen Ross werent doing some public service when they planted(or bought) the Dolphins in Miami. Miami is a world famous city, the exposure and therefore profit opportunity are extremely high. The motivation behind those two individuals(and every single other owner) was profit. Are they loyal to the city? Sure. Would they pack up and move if they felt they could make significantly more money elsewhere? Absolutely. And even if Ross packs up and leaves another team would be making a move towards Miami in our lifetime. Why? Again: the potential for profit is high. The reason why Ross isnt maximizing his profits at the moment is because his product is terrible and he should make a better product. Which he has publically said he will. He gets it even if you dont. Thats why many of us find your fear mongering hilarious.

Your the one that has hung onto a single example for all dear life, so(despite pointing out many other uses for tax payer money) ive obliged with your obsession. Your trying to dismiss the point by saying "lulz construction lulz". Are you under the assumption that the +$200 million brought in from bed taxes would just sit there not being used? That the city of Miami couldnt use it for other endeavors? Your wrong. As i bluntly stated before, you need only to change the legislation to give that money new use. Every penny that goes towards Ross goes away from someone else.

And oh yeah, people were absolutely deceived, i suppose its embarassing for this individual to be caught on camera. His face must be red after be lied to:

Romney, July 17: "And, of course, he describes people who we care very deeply about, who make a difference in our lives: our school teachers, firefighters, people who build roads. We need those things. We value school teachers, firefighters, people who build roads. You really couldnít have a business if you didnít have those things."
    http://factcheck.org/2012/07/you-did...-and-unedited/
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    And what you fail to realize is that Joe Robbie and Stephen Ross werent doing some public service when they planted(or bought) the Dolphins in Miami. Miami is a world famous city, the exposure and therefore profit opportunity are extremely high. The motivation behind those two individuals(and every single other owner) was profit. Are they loyal to the city? Sure. Would they pack up and move if they felt they could make significantly more money elsewhere? Absolutely. And even if Ross packs up and leaves another team would be making a move towards Miami in our lifetime. Why? Again: the potential for profit is high. The reason why Ross isnt maximizing his profits at the moment is because his product is terrible and he should make a better product. Which he has publically said he will. He gets it even if you dont. Thats why many of us find your fear mongering hilarious.

Your the one that has hung onto a single example for all dear life, so(despite pointing out many other uses for tax payer money) ive obliged with your obsession. Your trying to dismiss the point by saying "lulz construction lulz". Are you under the assumption that the +$200 million brought in from bed taxes would just sit there not being used? That the city of Miami couldnt use it for other endeavors? Your wrong. As i bluntly stated before, you need only to change the legislation to give that money new use. Every penny that goes towards Ross goes away from someone else.

And oh yeah, people were absolutely deceived, i suppose its embarassing for this individual to be caught on camera. His face must be red after be lied to:

http://factcheck.org/2012/07/you-did...-and-unedited/
    Of course they were and are. Don't let your envy of the rich fool/blind you. They do a lot of good in this world. I've never got a job from a poor person.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Of course they were and are. Don't let your envy of the rich fool/blind you. They do a lot of good in this world. I've never got a job from a poor person.
    Your a bit out of date for fuedalism, though im sure you can come to some sort of arraignment with someone.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    I think local gov should help out with these kinds of costs because they also reap the benefits. I don't see why it cant be a joint venture since both parties benefit from it. I can understand why someone would not want the local government to subsidize an oil company, because they would receive no cost-benefit, but this isn't an oil company. Its not corporate welfare either - cities have to compete for businesses just like Miami has to compete for a Super Bowl. Pretty much all cities around the US subsidize private companies that add value to a community - performing arts centers, parks, stadiums, private universities and schools, marinas, ect. Even Disney gets huge subsidies here in Orlando because they add value to the community and bring in money to the local economy. Cities invest in these kinds of private ventures all the time because they also directly benefit from them.

Show me an economist who says that. Average NFL teams receive over $250 million in annual revenue, and that's not including stadium and tourism revenue. And if you can get awarded a Super Bowl or BCS Championship game, you are looking at a reported $200-$400 million boost in your local economy for that one game.
    The Nfl reports the boost is that much there are many articles that pinpoint it at like a 100 million at best. Almost any business is has some positive impact on the economy so should we just hand out money to all business's. Im pretty sure we dont raise our tax and hand disney 200 million to renovate fantasyland. So if our stadium is so bad how come we just hosted a bcs championship this season. Personally i think its just welfare to improve the value of his team. Im not in favor of one dollar of public money going to renovate. The NFL has the biggest scam going and its not enough to overcharge us for tickets and merchandise no we should renovate their money pots for them. As big a sports fan as I am I think joe fan places way too much value in the the worth of a football team. I can think of another industry besides professional sports that rakes in money and feels taxpayers should pay for their venues. People always talk about its only one penny or half a penny but it adds up over time. Maybe the NFl should have had a real plan to renovate and build stadiums instead of using the superbowl as a way to bribe for new stadiums.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Your a bit out of date for fuedalism, though im sure you can come to some sort of arraignment with someone.
    Not sure how not wanting to pay and more than we already do for a hotel room is being envious of rich people
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    The Nfl reports the boost is that much there are many articles that pinpoint it at like a 100 million at best. Almost any business is has some positive impact on the economy so should we just hand out money to all business's. Im pretty sure we dont raise our tax and hand disney 200 million to renovate fantasyland. So if our stadium is so bad how come we just hosted a bcs championship this season. Personally i think its just welfare to improve the value of his team. Im not in favor of one dollar of public money going to renovate. The NFL has the biggest scam going and its not enough to overcharge us for tickets and merchandise no we should renovate their money pots for them. As big a sports fan as I am I think joe fan places way too much value in the the worth of a football team. I can think of another industry besides professional sports that rakes in money and feels taxpayers should pay for their venues. People always talk about its only one penny or half a penny but it adds up over time. Maybe the NFl should have had a real plan to renovate and build stadiums instead of using the superbowl as a way to bribe for new stadiums.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Not sure how not wanting to pay and more than we already do for a hotel room is being envious of rich people
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Now there will be a county referendum on the public funding. The Dolphins reversed course and agreed to that today. Looks like they were backed into a corner, sensing it otherwise wasn't going to happen in Tallahassee, given the makeup of the legislature. Dade County typically gets the shaft, let's put it that way.

I'm surprised there isn't a separate thread. I heard about this a couple of hours ago, on the way home from the golf course. I suspect the news posters believe this is bad news, so they are content to ignore it. But I'm not sure it is bad news, for the ones supporting the plan. The Dolphins could never prevail in a high participation general election atmosphere, but a specialized referendum is an entirely different matter, like a primary. The most energized voters dictate the outcome. No doubt the Dolphins will spend tons of money trying to influence who shows up and what they are thinking. Lots of major upsets in primaries.

I hope it fails miserably.

Regardless, referendums are not cheap. I hope they wait for a situation with other items on the ballot. If it's a solo job, rushed into March or April, the Dolphins should have to foot the bill.
    Quote Quote