Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RB Mike Goodson (UFA)

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Goodson has a lot of potential and the price would be right but he has some trouble staying healthy and out on the field... THat would be my biggest worry with him and we would really need to have a viable third behind him and Miller...
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not that excited about Goodson, I remember following Oakland RB situation cuz I ended up with Run DMC on my team.. So I was getting constant updates about the RB situation in Oakland..well Goodson didn't do anything to earn that job even though he had multiple opportunities to do so. McFadden was injured as always and Oaklands running game struggled, Oakland actually played Reese(sp?) on 3rd downs and he's a FB. All I'm saying you can play that stuck behind good RB card only so many times, the opportunity was there for Goodson to separate himself and he didn't do that
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So you followed a stream of fantasy tweets and text updates and that totally substitutes for watching him play football? M'kay.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Goodson has been a secret weapon of mine in Madden since he was 3rd on the depth chart in Carolina. If I used them, I'd put him in as the 2nd wide receiver. His overall was like 73 or something as a WR and legitimately the next best option after Steve. Obviously, using Madden to judge players is a terrible thing, but it's not like theyre always totally retarded, his receiving stats were excellent, which makes me think he at least has some skill receiving coming out of the backfield. (btw if you put Reggie in at WR, he's like 87 lol)

But if he's improved his pass protection as you say ck, I'd be all aboard to bring him on at 2 mill or so. I like the idea of him being the 3rd down back letting Lamar focus on running. Hopefully Jonas Gray emerges and kick DT to the curb though, I'm starting to hate him as our "power back"

quick edit - We could've had Demarco Murray instead like 10 picks later, or even Randall Cobb 2 picks after us! Richard Sherman also went in the 5th round..

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=ckparrothead;1064579167]So you followed a stream of fantasy tweets and text updates and that totally substitutes for watching him play football? M'kay.[/QUOT

okay, I could've told you that supposedly I watched hours of tape like so many so called experts on here do... I'm just going by common sense here that he didn't do anything when the job was given to him in Oakland. You really think he could steal carries from miller and Thomas? Seems unlikely to me.. And yes, I did watch 4-5 Oakland games, not impressed with him. Again, just an opinion that's all
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fact is running back is not a need. I think for 1.5-2 maybe Miami takes a flyer but Miami might have their Reggie bush replacement in Marcus thigpen. Playmakers are always needed and especially after what you've promoted about Goodson it would be A welcomed addition. We need help on the oline, what are some players you wecommend for our zone scheme?
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i wish we could just hand the keys to the franchise over to CK, his marklars are wise and true.

Goodson could be had for a couple million and is young. He may be a similar back to Miller but he has the experience to take over the 3rd down role, as CK clearly elaborated upon. He ran a 4.46 at the combine and hits the hole with authority.

Also consider that the 3 million we save on Goodson vs. Bush could be funneled over to another FA signing; could be the difference between a guy like Levitre or Vollmer and the turn-style middle-of-the-road offensive linemen Ireland has shown a proclivity for.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Love Mike Goodson. His tape at A&M was unreal....always seemed to be going at a different speed.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYFINest View Post
    okay, I could've told you that supposedly I watched hours of tape like so many so called experts on here do... I'm just going by common sense here that he didn't do anything when the job was given to him in Oakland. You really think he could steal carries from miller and Thomas? Seems unlikely to me.. And yes, I did watch 4-5 Oakland games, not impressed with him. Again, just an opinion that's all
    Except I really did watch hours of Coaches Tape. Re-read the original post. Everything is there.

We have VERY different ideas of what constitutes "common sense".
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fakespike View Post
    i wish we could just hand the keys to the franchise over to CK, his marklars are wise and true.

Goodson could be had for a couple million and is young. He may be a similar back to Miller but he has the experience to take over the 3rd down role, as CK clearly elaborated upon. He ran a 4.46 at the combine and hits the hole with authority.

Also consider that the 3 million we save on Goodson vs. Bush could be funneled over to another FA signing; could be the difference between a guy like Levitre or Vollmer and the turn-style middle-of-the-road offensive linemen Ireland has shown a proclivity for.
    Nice marklar reference, lol.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Here's the 64 yard screen play he made against us.

And here's some of his college highlights:

Quote Quote