Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RB Mike Goodson (UFA)

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Really you wasted all that time researching this guy??? Nothing to see here. Four years in the league and not much of an impact. In the famous words of a football czar: "If they don't bite as pups, they probably don't bite"
    - The dolphins would be better off with a late round or udfa back to round out the position for camp.
    - Not to mention that it would be cheaper.
    - Jonas Gray has yet to show us what he's got.
    - I don't see Goodson doing anything for us that Marcus Thigpen can't do.

I don't see the dolphins going after him but if they do, anything over 2 mil/yr would be stupid.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beast_mode View Post
    Really you wasted all that time researching this guy??? Nothing to see here. Four years in the league and not much of an impact. In the famous words of a football czar: "If they don't bite as pups, they probably don't bite"
    - The dolphins would be better off with a late round or udfa back to round out the position for camp.
    - Not to mention that it would be cheaper.
    - Jonas Gray has yet to show us what he's got.
    - I don't see Goodson doing anything for us that Marcus Thigpen can't do.

I don't see the dolphins going after him but if they do, anything over 2 mil/yr would be stupid.
    You mean like how as a pup he was a late round draft pick behind two first round tailbacks and he ended up with more snaps than either of the other two, gaining 4.3 yards per carry in an atrocious offense led by Jimmy Clausen?

I may have spent a lot of time researching him. But that time was more fruitful than the time it took you to type the above post.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NoblePhin View Post
    Good write up CK, Goodson is definitely someone to consider. I'm just still kind of baffled that we are letting Reggie walk. Ok so he wants 5 million a year, he did almost rush for 1000 yards this season and had another 290 receiving. He is a deadly dual threat that you have to account for at all times, he just wasn't used properly in the passing game in a 1st year coaching staff trying to see what they have. If we kept him next years and ran him more at receiver, and still got someone like goodson on the cheap, how is that not better for the team?
    Yeah, I'm surprised by that too. I think we have some clues (the benching) that maybe the coaching staff doesn't think as highly of Bush as fans do. It seems he would be the perfect fit for this offense and was vastly underused in the passing game. Perhaps it''s just a money decision with Miller looking good in limited action and with so many other needs that have to be filled.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I watched him this year in Oakland and have liked him all season. didn't know he was a FA.. how convenient. I like Miller and Thigpen. I don't know if his skillset is so diverse from theirs but hey you cant have enough playmakers in the backfield imo. we do need someone to spell Thomas though, injuries ect ect we have no backup plan for that style runner ... don't say javorski lane. maybe we give the guy from CFL last year Jerome mastrum (spell?) another look?
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    You mean like how as a pup he was a late round draft pick behind two first round tailbacks and he ended up with more snaps than either of the other two, gaining 4.3 yards per carry in an atrocious offense led by Jimmy Clausen?

I may have spent a lot of time researching him. But that time was more fruitful than the time it took you to type the above post.
    C'mon CK. If you did your homework you should know that the only reason Goodson got all those snaps was because both Williams and Stewart were hurt in 2010. As soon as Stewart came back from injury, Goodson's role became limited again. If anything, that was his chance to show something and he did ok but nothing spectacular. And stop making excuses for him; bad offense, bad qb, behind good players. He had 4 years. IMO he will never amount to anything much more than our own Thigpen, who consequently at this point has more upside than Goodson.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm really looking forward to seeing what Jonas Gray has to offer. If he turns out to be what I think he could be, then it could be curtains for D. Thomas. Thomas has shown flashes but he needs to be more consistent if he's gonna stick.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    CK, nice write ups and everything, but you need to stop taking things personal when people don't agree with your point of view. Just because you can spend hours of your life doing research on a 3rd string player doesn't make him
    a stud. Last time i checked you are not working evaluating talent for the Dolphins or any other team for that matter so it's quite possible you are seeing things that no other nfl team is seeing in Goodson. Just saying...
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Very good analysis, CK -- the kind of analysis that WINNING teams do well: Find the FA and middle-round draft picks that will come on roster with skills, intelligence and upside, challenging starters and creating a team of 1 and 1A players that is fairly well immune to the injury bug. Making your own destiny by SMART player decisions, sound strategy with every roster position top to bottom. Good stuff!

LD
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    very good write up! i think the plan should be that if Reggie Bush's price tag is too high, then we go after Goodson. a Miller/Goodson combo would be excellent for us
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    We need better LBs!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    XB1 Conroller
    I wish you were a Miami Dolphins scout, then maybe we could get some talent for our money.

When we played the Raiders I was left very impressed by him. If he could come in @3-4 mil a year I would take it hands down, specially if he is as well rounded as you stated, and if Mike Sherman decides to give him a chance then that must mean he is worth the money.
    Last edited by illscriptures; 02-09-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Quote