Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: RB Mike Goodson (UFA)

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm a big Goodson fan. I liked him in Carolina and living in California, I was able to see him a lot this last season in Oakland. He's just a good back. If you could get him to a cheap contract than I think it would be a great addition.

If he's going to cost 3 to 4 million though, than I'd pass as much as I like him. Running Backs are really just too interchangable to pay a lot of money for imo.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not a need non the less. Don't spend money on things that aren't needs, draft is the place for taking chances on stacked positions not free agency. We have two running backs and need a utility player( Reggie bush). That's where Marcus thigpen comes into play because he fills that utility role. I could see Miami dropping bush and adding harvin though because Percy harvin is the perfect no huddle player.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember this cat when he was in Carolina, he had a bad fumbling issue. Good player but fumbled way too much for someone who didnt touch the ball much
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thefranchisedef View Post
    Not a need non the less. Don't spend money on things that aren't needs, draft is the place for taking chances on stacked positions not free agency. We have two running backs and need a utility player( Reggie bush). That's where Marcus thigpen comes into play because he fills that utility role. I could see Miami dropping bush and adding harvin though because Percy harvin is the perfect no huddle player.
    You say Marcus Thigpen is a utility player just like Reggie Bush but Reggie Bush took 227 carries as a tailback last year and meanwhile you have zero idea whatsoever how Marcus Thigpen will look taking carries as a tailback. And I know you have zero idea about that because he hasn't taken a single one, or even lined up as a tailback.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DT Derek Landri is another low-priced free agent that I would put on the list right next to Antwaan Barnes and Mike Goodson. These are not guys you're counting on to be league leaders in anything. They're guys that could win jobs in camp and contribute in a winning way. Landri is a guy I would put on the field in nickel packages at defensive tackle on down and distances where passing is not a foregone conclusion. And I'd consider putting him on for obvious passing downs as well.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This guy may be a good player but it's the same line of thinking as patching an old stadium at high expense. The franchise can rationalize it, and may be able to pass it off to gullible fans or voters, but there's no chance signing Goodson for a million or two less than Reggie Bush is a logical choice toward best interests of the team. You're substituting a high first round pick for a fourth rounder. That's a steady drain, something less likely to pan out than it appears at first glance.

Besides, when you get paranoid about something a person can't do, there's too much risk to overlook or minimize all the strengths. That's why I've never put anyone on ignore among all the message boards I've participated in. Goodness knows I disagree with one theme after another. Somebody can be a nitwit on the football board but a howl elsewhere.

Regardless, I hope Reggie doesn't get stuck on the Lions. Indoor turf team that ran the ball fewer than 400 times last season is the worst possible fit for him. It's the New Orleans misconception all over again. But with a worse coach and quarterback.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Phins fanatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

RB Mike Goodson (UFA)

Ahhhh, this is why you said something about Goodson in the draft thread I made.

I don't read the board much anymore, so I'm just reading this.

He's honestly the best of the bunch for under the radar types and knows Sherman already.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    This guy may be a good player but it's the same line of thinking as patching an old stadium at high expense. The franchise can rationalize it, and may be able to pass it off to gullible fans or voters, but there's no chance signing Goodson for a million or two less than Reggie Bush is a logical choice toward best interests of the team. You're substituting a high first round pick for a fourth rounder. That's a steady drain, something less likely to pan out than it appears at first glance.

Besides, when you get paranoid about something a person can't do, there's too much risk to overlook or minimize all the strengths. That's why I've never put anyone on ignore among all the message boards I've participated in. Goodness knows I disagree with one theme after another. Somebody can be a nitwit on the football board but a howl elsewhere.

Regardless, I hope Reggie doesn't get stuck on the Lions. Indoor turf team that ran the ball fewer than 400 times last season is the worst possible fit for him. It's the New Orleans misconception all over again. But with a worse coach and quarterback.
    Whether we like it or not Reggie Bush is not coming back. They seem to have no interest in it.

And even aside from that, Mike Goodson is excellent value. That's what I'm trying to come up with here. Good value.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he is a guy who if had for the reasonable salary can help a team and provides a way to add talented depth without spending a draft pick that can be used for another position.
    Quote Quote