Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins Top 10 logo contest

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Francisco, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Seriously? Those are the ones they went with? Those are all completely ****ing awful.

If a newspaper can't even pick a half decent submission to vote on, what makes you think the clowns in the Dolphins front office will get it right?
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At least it's some valuable information. I never understand why fans are upset at our logo, our great classy traditional logo. Now I'll never have to ask again, if those logos are representative of current taste. Jesus smawillickers.

Other than #1, I'm not sure you could jigsaw piece a competent logo from that crop even if you took the least offensive segments of each one. Blank adjacent to blank is the only escape. In fact, that should have been an option, number 11, to vote for the white spaces between the hideous logos.

This has to be the work of Mike Dee. I've read that the Dolphins infiltrate message boards with shills. I'm not among them, BTW. Not sure why I flunked the test. Anyway, Dee must have monopolized every entree in that Herald contest, so even his blind ballerina dolphin with the upturned toes won't seem so objectionable.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Francisco, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    Anyway, Dee must have monopolized every entree in that Herald contest, so even his blind ballerina dolphin with the upturned toes won't seem so objectionable.
    And here I was just thinking earlier that the leaked logo was starting to sound better and better with all the ****ty alternatives I'm seeing put forth. I'm starting to feel like I'll simply breath a sigh of relief if the leak turns out to be real.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    At least it's some valuable information. I never understand why fans are upset at our logo, our great classy traditional logo. Now I'll never have to ask again, if those logos are representative of current taste. Jesus smawillickers.

Other than #1, I'm not sure you could jigsaw piece a competent logo from that crop even if you took the least offensive segments of each one. Blank adjacent to blank is the only escape. In fact, that should have been an option, number 11, to vote for the white spaces between the hideous logos.

This has to be the work of Mike Dee. I've read that the Dolphins infiltrate message boards with shills. I'm not among them, BTW. Not sure why I flunked the test. Anyway, Dee must have monopolized every entree in that Herald contest, so even his blind ballerina dolphin with the upturned toes won't seem so objectionable.
    great classy traditional logo?

I hope you are referring to the pre-97 logo, because the current logo is a bastardized, cartoon version of the "great, classy, traditional logo" you reference.

BTW, did Mike Dee spit in your Cheerios? You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with him.
    Bluebird in Hell

Just published my first game for iOS if anyone is interested...
    It's a free time waster.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DudeleBroski View Post
    #7 is the least crap.
    Thanks,
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Up and Comer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    PS4 ControllerTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    All of those blow
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I liked the Jorge Grillo one the best, but would like to see the half sun in it with shimmering aqua colored water streaks rolling off the Dolphin to simulate he's coming out from the depths, would also love to see a natural grey colored version of it.

My 2nd favorite was the Earl Dixon one, but the black shadow on the Dolphin is a distraction and not sure it would look well on a helmet.

d-1
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know a logo is the least of our problems but seriously if any of those turn out to be our new logo I might stop watching football. I would rather the logo that was leaked or keep the one we currently have and I despise both. If it was up to me I'd bring back the 70's logo or just use the M thats on the helmet of the dolphin with some throwback uniforms. I hope and pray the organization can come up with something better than these herald entries.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Highzenga View Post
    I know a logo is the least of our problems but seriously if any of those turn out to be our new logo I might stop watching football. I would rather the logo that was leaked or keep the one we currently have and I despise both. If it was up to me I'd bring back the 70's logo or just use the M thats on the helmet of the dolphin with some throwback uniforms. I hope and pray the organization can come up with something better than these herald entries.
    Yeah, I agree in part, but I'm sure they're doing it to increase their sales in merchandise. The Bills and Patriots switched their logo's because some psychologists felt that their logo's weren't intimidating enough to opposing teams and may have contributed to all their losing seasons. I know its a weird theroy, but for years the Patriots and Bill were the laughing stock of the league.

d-1
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    old-timer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Morganton, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I appreciate all the efforts, but imo none are better than the current logo.
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I should know. I've been there.
    Quote Quote