Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld:Dolphins yet to make offer to Bush

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Rotoworld:Dolphins yet to make offer to Bush

There's still over a month to go before the start of free agency, but it's a poor sign for Bush's Dolphins future. The local consensus has been that Bush will be offered a "team-friendly" deal, but allowed to reach the open market. CBS' Jason La Canfora has reported Bush is "highly unlikely" to be back. The way things are trending, Bush's "team-friendly" offer may never even materialize

Personally,I appreciate all that bush have done for us the past 2 years and the work ethic he has mentored to all the young players,But I dont exepect him back at all, I think ruuning back is lamar miller postion if he wants it and the kid is a straight up beast,trust me and i believe philbin and ireland know that....Give the kid a chance,He is a ray rice/chris johnson mix!....Best of luck to bush!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I like Bush, but I can see why he's not a priority. I think they will eventually make him an offer, but it all depends on what Ireland and Philbin end up offering our other pending free agents. I think Bush is on the list, but he's closer to the bottom of the list.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketacesaa23 View Post
    There's still over a month to go before the start of free agency, but it's a poor sign for Bush's Dolphins future. The local consensus has been that Bush will be offered a "team-friendly" deal, but allowed to reach the open market. CBS' Jason La Canfora has reported Bush is "highly unlikely" to be back. The way things are trending, Bush's "team-friendly" offer may never even materialize

Personally,I appreciate all that bush have done for us the past 2 years and the work ethic he has mentored to all the young players,But I dont exepect him back at all, I think ruuning back is lamar miller postion if he wants it and the kid is a straight up beast,trust me and i believe philbin and ireland know that....Give the kid a chance,He is a ray rice/chris johnson mix!....Best of luck to bush!
    Ok so what happens if/when Miller gets injured? You rather have Thomas than Bush to take the torch? Meh. We need to re-sign Bush if for nothing less than for depth purposes.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Ok so what happens if/when Miller gets injured? You rather have Thomas than Bush to take the torch? Meh. We need to re-sign Bush if for nothing less than for depth purposes.
    Good Question! I think this is the problem with brining Bush back. I highly doubt he wants a "back-up" role and by the looks of things the team wants Miller to be the starter. I'm personally hoping they address the 3rd spot by drafting UFs Mike Gillislee! Also, let's no forget about Gary!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reggie is going to want an expensive contract for the purpose of being used for "if/when" Lamar Miller gets injured. That is why they are letting time elapse, and probably letting him hit the market, to demonstrate his value is lower than what he thinks it is. It will undoubtedly help our offense keeping him in the lineup, but we don't want to pay him $5 mil a year....that money can be put to better use.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I appreciate the fact you like our own FA's. but you do realize there are other guys in FA and in the draft that can fill the spot Reggie leaves right?
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Reggie most likely won't accept a back-up role on any team and I can't blame him. However, if a team like the Packers or Lions does not sign him and no one offers him a starting contract, I can see him accepting the back-up role here in Miami, splitting carries with Lamar.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    Reggie most likely won't accept a back-up role on any team and I can't blame him. However, if a team like the Packers or Lions does not sign him and no one offers him a starting contract, I can see him accepting the back-up role here in Miami, splitting carries with Lamar.
    I very much doubt that Miller would start over Bush. If he was to be a backup there are much better teams with better backs to backup. Hell go to NE and split carries and possibly get another ring
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I very much doubt that Miller would start over Bush. If he was to be a backup there are much better teams with better backs to backup. Hell go to NE and split carries and possibly get another ring
    For a team not to give their starting running back any contract conversation a couple months past Miami's final game, that is not good. Ireland has stated how he has Lamar preparing for huge roles in 2013. Lamar is going to be the primary back next season, and I'm looking forward to it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    For a team not to give their starting running back any contract conversation a couple months past Miami's final game, that is not good. Ireland has stated how he has Lamar preparing for huge roles in 2013. Lamar is going to be the primary back next season, and I'm looking forward to it.
    So ireland chooses who starts for us. Look Miller looked fine but way too little to know if he can carry the load. He really didnt play much in any meaningful games
    Quote Quote