Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld:Dolphins yet to make offer to Bush

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Rotoworld:Dolphins yet to make offer to Bush

There's still over a month to go before the start of free agency, but it's a poor sign for Bush's Dolphins future. The local consensus has been that Bush will be offered a "team-friendly" deal, but allowed to reach the open market. CBS' Jason La Canfora has reported Bush is "highly unlikely" to be back. The way things are trending, Bush's "team-friendly" offer may never even materialize

Personally,I appreciate all that bush have done for us the past 2 years and the work ethic he has mentored to all the young players,But I dont exepect him back at all, I think ruuning back is lamar miller postion if he wants it and the kid is a straight up beast,trust me and i believe philbin and ireland know that....Give the kid a chance,He is a ray rice/chris johnson mix!....Best of luck to bush!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I like Bush, but I can see why he's not a priority. I think they will eventually make him an offer, but it all depends on what Ireland and Philbin end up offering our other pending free agents. I think Bush is on the list, but he's closer to the bottom of the list.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketacesaa23 View Post
    There's still over a month to go before the start of free agency, but it's a poor sign for Bush's Dolphins future. The local consensus has been that Bush will be offered a "team-friendly" deal, but allowed to reach the open market. CBS' Jason La Canfora has reported Bush is "highly unlikely" to be back. The way things are trending, Bush's "team-friendly" offer may never even materialize

Personally,I appreciate all that bush have done for us the past 2 years and the work ethic he has mentored to all the young players,But I dont exepect him back at all, I think ruuning back is lamar miller postion if he wants it and the kid is a straight up beast,trust me and i believe philbin and ireland know that....Give the kid a chance,He is a ray rice/chris johnson mix!....Best of luck to bush!
    Ok so what happens if/when Miller gets injured? You rather have Thomas than Bush to take the torch? Meh. We need to re-sign Bush if for nothing less than for depth purposes.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Ok so what happens if/when Miller gets injured? You rather have Thomas than Bush to take the torch? Meh. We need to re-sign Bush if for nothing less than for depth purposes.
    Good Question! I think this is the problem with brining Bush back. I highly doubt he wants a "back-up" role and by the looks of things the team wants Miller to be the starter. I'm personally hoping they address the 3rd spot by drafting UFs Mike Gillislee! Also, let's no forget about Gary!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    They will let the market dictate his value, at this point its a smart move. The FA RB market is quickly being flooded with decent names (Ahmad Bradshaw, Steven Jackson, Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis, Cedric Benson, Shoonee Greene, Rashard Mendenhall) so it may seem that if Reggie does not take a very team friendly contract we would bring someone else desperate for work that will.

In addition even if Reggie comes back I see Miller being the lead RB of the 1-2 punch.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Chris McCain Should Start

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    XB1 Conroller
    Reggie Bush was the only reason I enjoyed watching the Dolphins offense this season... Lamar Miller is the future at the RB position but a Reggie Bush and Lamar Miller combo is a very good duo to have.

Daniel Thomas on the other hand should be the 2nd RB on someone else's depth chart.

Why do the dolphins like to keep scrubs like Jason Allen and Chris Clemons for years on end but they love to let go of play makers like Reggie Bush and Brandon Marshall?

* "Let's make Fasano the highest paid T.E. in the league!" - Jeff Ireland

*(Not a real quote).... I hate you.
    Last edited by illscriptures; 02-08-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reggie is going to want an expensive contract for the purpose of being used for "if/when" Lamar Miller gets injured. That is why they are letting time elapse, and probably letting him hit the market, to demonstrate his value is lower than what he thinks it is. It will undoubtedly help our offense keeping him in the lineup, but we don't want to pay him $5 mil a year....that money can be put to better use.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I appreciate the fact you like our own FA's. but you do realize there are other guys in FA and in the draft that can fill the spot Reggie leaves right?
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Chris McCain Should Start

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    XB1 Conroller
    There is no FA RB better than Reggie Bush.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope to god Jonas is legit..
    Quote Quote