Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld:Dolphins yet to make offer to Bush

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ND
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    I hope to god Jonas is legit..
    That would help tremendously! Hopefully, the coaches have a good read on him and he's healthy next year.
    Just win.... please!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Canadian Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by illscriptures View Post
    There is no FA RB better than Reggie Bush.
    That may be true but it's not like he blows those other guys away. Reggie's great moments are separated by far too many moments of mediocrity - 2 yards and a cloud of dust. Depending on what he wants, he may come back but the priorities have to be to find impact starters not backs that can barely scratch out 60 yards a game.
    Andyman
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One of the hardest things to do as a general manager is let popular players walk. It happened with Jason Taylor, it happened with Zach Thomas, it happened to Ricky Williams, and it damn near happened to Dan Marino(who retired instead of playing another season for another team).

We have depth and talent at running back. Miller showed some explosiveness and Thigpen made some plays on special teams. Oh, and we invested in that Daniel Thomas guy also. Reggie has a Superbowl ring and he made absurd amounts of money. I dont think either of those things will move him much. What Reggie DOES want is a starting job. He will be looking for some sort of guarantee and we cant give it to him. We just have to many other talented players. If we rack up injuries to our 3 younger players, we can get by on a newly signed free agent. I have a feeling if we are suffering that many injuries we will have bigger concerns than not resigning Reggie.

Appreciate the 2 years you gave us Reggie, and really appreciate your role as a locker room leader. But its time to let him walk.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is no FA RB better than Reggie Bush.
    No matter how much you love Bush, He is not worth the price tag he is looking for. Not worth a penny over $3-4MM.
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Problem I think is that we just don't NEED him like we need some other things. I think Reggie Bush is the best luxury in the NFL. were not in a place to have luxuries. We have needs.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by footsteps_falco View Post
    Problem I think is that we just don't NEED him like we need some other things. I think Reggie Bush is the best luxury in the NFL. were not in a place to have luxuries. We have needs.
    This right here!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Sounds like they are going to try it with Miller, or grab a cheaper option in FA. I like Reggie, but there seem to be options at RB out there, as opposed to some of the other holes we have to fill/ avoid filling by re-signing some of the guys we already have. I understand why he isn't a priority, and probably why he shouldn't be.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why do the dolphins like to keep scrubs like Jason Allen and Chris Clemons for years on end but they love to let go of play makers like Reggie Bush and Brandon Marshall?
    Not complicated. You play 16 times per year and devote the remaining days to thought. Thought is dangerous.

Contrarians are not adaptable. Jeff Ireland is a cheapskate contrarian. He refuses to believe certain players are a decisive cut above. In his mind, there's always a price that can make up the difference.

It reminds me of what I've experienced in Las Vegas for decades. Tourists and recreational bettors take the favorite, almost without exception. That's the mindset that would keep Reggie Bush. They know the name. They like touchdowns. On the other side are the so-called wise guys. They are desperate to buck trends, to mock the public, to take the underdog and beg for them to hang in there. Contrarian wise guys thrill to pretend their edge over the public is massive, when in truth it's minimal to nonexistent. They survive on getting better numbers, not offering better opinions. Only a handful of contrarian wise guys can set aside their biases toward the underdog and switch to taking the power favorite when proper. Jeff Ireland hasn't demonstrated that skill.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good. We can do better

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Or he is gonna do what ryan clark did to us.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I personally hope we keep bush unless he wants outrageous money. At 5 a year for 3 years he would be a bargain and we dont have a running back as good as him on team. He can do alot of things on field.
    His pass catching ability is probably the best among runningbacks in nfll. we can afford to pay him a little change because his backups make squat, and we dont have alot of money invested in qb either.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote