Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Christopher Dorner Manifesto

1. -41
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    You mean like this guy? Yeah, we sure do treat our allies right......
    http://news.yahoo.com/pakistan-convi...132333232.html
    Obviously I don't mean Pakistan, who shouldn't be our ally any more than Iran should be. The only good reason to keep Pakistan at least nominally on our side right now is that they control the major supply routes for American soldiers to get in and out of Afghanistan. Whatever you think of our mission in Afghanistan -- and I don't think all that much of it -- we need to keep those guys supplied and need a way to get them out.

Other than that, Pakistan is as complete an enemy as you could have. Not only has it been stupid of us to keep sending them billions in "aid", which was really just payoff money for the table scraps of terrorist leaders they'd give us (which is a screwed up situation in itself), but that policy has isolated us somewhat from India, who should be our major ally in the region. Pakistan has taken most of the money we've given them over the years and used it to buy money to point at the Indians, and the Indians know that.

It's terrible, it's stupid. It's worse than that because the Pakistanis have nuclear weapons, and after the Bin Laden strike I remember reading a story where the ISI got so paranoid they were actually driving their nuclear warheads around on unmarked, basically unguarded trucks out of fear that we were going to swoop in and take them. You want to get scared for the future, imagine Pakistani nuclear weapons being driven around Karachi and Lahore on unmarked moving trucks by a couple of guys with nothing more than AKs. Yeesh.

It's part of why I approve with drone strikes that we're doing in northern Pakistan. Bush tried to let Musharraf handle it and treat his country like a legitimate, functioning government. Obama has been tougher on them, and better as a result, imo.

#freespesh
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You mean like this guy? Yeah, we sure do treat our allies right......l
    Sometimes our muslim allies don't treat us very well either.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-5539067.html
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Obviously I don't mean Pakistan, who shouldn't be our ally any more than Iran should be. The only good reason to keep Pakistan at least nominally on our side right now is that they control the major supply routes for American soldiers to get in and out of Afghanistan. Whatever you think of our mission in Afghanistan -- and I don't think all that much of it -- we need to keep those guys supplied and need a way to get them out.

Other than that, Pakistan is as complete an enemy as you could have. Not only has it been stupid of us to keep sending them billions in "aid", which was really just payoff money for the table scraps of terrorist leaders they'd give us (which is a screwed up situation in itself), but that policy has isolated us somewhat from India, who should be our major ally in the region. Pakistan has taken most of the money we've given them over the years and used it to buy money to point at the Indians, and the Indians know that.

It's terrible, it's stupid. It's worse than that because the Pakistanis have nuclear weapons, and after the Bin Laden strike I remember reading a story where the ISI got so paranoid they were actually driving their nuclear warheads around on unmarked, basically unguarded trucks out of fear that we were going to swoop in and take them. You want to get scared for the future, imagine Pakistani nuclear weapons being driven around Karachi and Lahore on unmarked moving trucks by a couple of guys with nothing more than AKs. Yeesh.

It's part of why I approve with drone strikes that we're doing in northern Pakistan. Bush tried to let Musharraf handle it and treat his country like a legitimate, functioning government. Obama has been tougher on them, and better as a result, imo.
    Bu..bu...but, Pakistan is a sovereign nation, with representatives elected by the populace. Granted, its not exactly like ours, but how can you condone drone strikes in a foreign land not sanctioned by their government and not expect to incur some measure of resentment and resistance?
    How would you like it if China conducted drone strikes on our soil? Or is whats good for the goose not actually good for the gander?

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Yes. Those who did not oppose the KKK were impotent cowards.
    So let me get this straight. Let's say there's a liberal minded Good 'ol Boy living in West Texas who's family has never been threatened. If he doesn't move to Mississippi or Alabama to take on the KKK, he's an impotent coward?
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Nope...cuz just like i know Dorner doesnt represent every cop, i know not everyone that fails the psych test is a serial killer waiting to happen.

Besides.....didnt ya ever watch the Deerhunter? Playing the odds is fun
    Especially when those odds are our kids.

My favorite part of that picture is that it reminds me of the police response to the gunman at the Empire State Building a few months ago. Panicky cops with guns.

Exactly what our schools need.

Quote Quote  

6. -46

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Especially when those odds are our kids.

My favorite part of that picture is that it reminds me of the police response to the gunman at the Empire State Building a few months ago. Panicky cops with guns.

Exactly what our schools need.
    So, you prefer to drop the police as a whole? I mean, they are more likely to resolve a crime than prevent one most days, but having no police leads to anarchy. According to your line of thought, since one is bad (or even more than one) we should throw them all out. I dont really get that line of thinking. If you disband the police, all you do is leave the door open for anarchy....and then you'll be looking for a good citizen with a gun to protect you when the bad guys start muscling up.
    Strange line of thought from you Gonz.....
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bu..bu...but, Pakistan is a sovereign nation, with representatives elected by the populace. Granted, its not exactly like ours, but how can you condone drone strikes in a foreign land not sanctioned by their government and not expect to incur some measure of resentment and resistance?
    They treated us with resentment and resistance when we were giving them money and not doing drone strikes. They resent us and resist us no matter what, so why not kill some bad guys? I'm truly not interested in their annoyance. They can **** off. If they want us to stop doing it, stop harboring terrorists against international decree.

How would you like it if China conducted drone strikes on our soil? Or is whats good for the goose not actually good for the gander?
    I've always considered that a pretty bad saying because gooses and ganders are not the same, as any goose or gander will tell you.

This China example is not a good one. It's like if I say that I wish Bashar al-Assad was dead and somebody said, "hey, how would you like if I said I wish your father was dead?"

Uh, terrible. But how is that relevant?
    Quote Quote  

8. -48

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So let me get this straight. Let's say there's a liberal minded Good 'ol Boy living in West Texas who's family has never been threatened. If he doesn't move to Mississippi or Alabama to take on the KKK, he's an impotent coward?
    That's one hell of a leap in logic and geography for ya there Wally....you feeling OK today?
    Quote Quote  

9. -49

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They treated us with resentment and resistance when we were giving them money and not doing drone strikes. They resent us and resist us no matter what, so why not kill some bad guys? I'm truly not interested in their annoyance. They can **** off. If they want us to stop doing it, stop harboring terrorists against international decree.

I've always considered that a pretty bad saying because gooses and ganders are not the same, as any goose or gander will tell you.

This China example is not a good one. It's like if I say that I wish Bashar al-Assad was dead and somebody said, "hey, how would you like if I said I wish your father was dead?"

Uh, terrible. But how is that relevant?
    OK...who hijacked Wallys account.....these arguments hes making arent even worthy of P4E (God Rest His Soul)

goose/gus/ Show Spelled [goos] Show IPA noun, plural geese for 1, 2, 4, 8, 11; goos·es for 5–7; verb, goosed, goos·ing.
    noun
    1. any of numerous wild or domesticated, web-footed swimming birds of the family Anatidae, especially of the genera Anser and Branta, most of which are larger and have a longer neck and legs than the ducks.
    2. the female of this bird, as distinguished from the male, or gander.
    3. the flesh of a goose, used as food.
    4. a silly or foolish person; simpleton.
    5. Slang. a poke between the buttocks to startle.
    gan·der/ˈgændər/ Show Spelled [gan-der] Show IPA
    noun
    1. the male of the goose. Compare goose ( def 2 ) .
    2. Slang. a look: Take a gander at his new shoes.
    Now, youre comparing wishing someones dad dead to an argument about drone strikes on another countries sovereign soil? Really? Youre just playing the slippery eel today arent you? Fess up.

Tell me....if China wanted to kill one of its citizens in out country using a drone strike, and does so against our wishes and without our consent, how is that so different from what were doing in Pakistan?
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    So, you prefer to drop the police as a whole? I mean, they are more likely to resolve a crime than prevent one most days, but having no police leads to anarchy. According to your line of thought, since one is bad (or even more than one) we should throw them all out. I dont really get that line of thinking. If you disband the police, all you do is leave the door open for anarchy....and then you'll be looking for a good citizen with a gun to protect you when the bad guys start muscling up.
    Strange line of thought from you Gonz.....
    Love the extremes. That's exactly what I was saying. I guess this is what I can expect as kids begin to spend more time on the gun range than in English class. The only people mentioning "dropping guns as a whole," "dropping police as a whole," and other such nonsense are those opposed to any form of gun control whatsoever. I don't believe armed guards in schools will solve the problem at all. As I've said in other threads, I'm willing to try it (don't worry, we're not actually going to try anything. This is 'merica! Guns > Kids), but I don't think it will be effective, and this is just one of several reasons.

The fact is, even well trained police go into panic mode when **** gets real and even they make horrible decisions with guns in their hands. The LAPD and NYPD are only recent examples. More errant bullets flying around isn't all that great of an idea, IMHO. Not to mention the fact that armed guards are trained and paid even less than police, particularly those that would be paid by an extremely underfunded education system.
    Quote Quote