Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher Dorner Manifesto

1. -21
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

"I'm the bad guy?"

"Yeah."

"How did that happen?"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    More Like this i think...........

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Shouldn't the same thought process be applied to terrorism? We can't prevent every instance of terrorism. Crazy people will do crazy things, so why sink ourselves junto insurmountable debt trying to fight it?
    What if the act of fighting the terrorism prevented the short term acts and saved lives but planted the seed of hate within another generation to perpetuate the cycle? At what point have you won the individual objective but continued to push on to spread your philosophies? We beat the people who were responsible for 9/11, when is enough enough?

The war on terrorism isn't going to prevent further acts, it only serves as closure for our country but at some point you have to realize that the dirt has long been on the graves and the grass is already fully grown. The world clearly got our point, if you mass murder our civilians we will hunt you down and kill you, that point is driven home unequivocally but the people we are fighting are willing to die for their cause just as much as we are committed to hunt them.

The point is you cannot plan for it all, you just cannot. Those who want to bring destruction will find a way, our job as a civilized society is to find ways to limit and react to that destruction and understand the reason behind why there are people who want to attack the sovereignty of the US. We just cannot bomb them into rubble and expect to come out on top, it isn't working on the war on drugs and now the US is on the same path with terror.

You'd think we as a government and country would learn from our mistakes but we haven't.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Christopher Dorner Manifesto

Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    What if the act of fighting the terrorism prevented the short term acts and saved lives but planted the seed of hate within another generation to perpetuate the cycle? At what point have you won the individual objective but continued to push on to spread your philosophies? We beat the people who were responsible for 9/11, when is enough enough?

The war on terrorism isn't going to prevent further acts, it only serves as closure for our country but at some point you have to realize that the dirt has long been on the graves and the grass is already fully grown. The world clearly got our point, if you mass murder our civilians we will hunt you down and kill you, that point is driven home unequivocally but the people we are fighting are willing to die for their cause just as much as we are committed to hunt them.

The point is you cannot plan for it all, you just cannot. Those who want to bring destruction will find a way, our job as a civilized society is to find ways to limit and react to that destruction and understand the reason behind why there are people who want to attack the sovereignty of the US. We just cannot bomb them into rubble and expect to come out on top, it isn't working on the war on drugs and now the US is on the same path with terror.

You'd think we as a government and country would learn from our mistakes but we haven't.
    Learn, WTF is that? Prohibition turned out great too, right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By your logic the Japanese and Germans should still hold a major grudge towards us.

The seeds of hate towards us are planted in Islamic countries regardless of what do, or don't do.

It is impossible to count the number of terrorist acts prevented by the war on terrorism.

The radicals are going to hate us regardless until we convert or submit.
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    By your logic the Japanese and Germans should still hold a major grudge towards us.

The seeds of hate towards us are planted in Islamic countries regardless of what do, or don't do.

It is impossible to count the number of terrorist acts prevented by the war on terrorism.

The radicals are going to hate us regardless until we convert or submit.
    I agree, especially with the bolded part. The incident with the Dutch cartoon is a good example. No magazine would reprint it. No TV network would display the pictures. Not out of "respect." But out of fear... of violent reprisal. In America. Why are we content to live with the fear of offending jihadists? Who could be so milquetoast as to surrender to that fear?

You can't have it both ways, saying you value the free exchange of ideas and not be in favor of defending to ability to engage in that freedom without fear. If a person's reaction to an offense to their religion is to burn down buildings, threaten lives and murder whoever it is that's committed that offense, then I consider that a declaration of war on my way of life. I'm taking you seriously, in other words. And at your word. And that means I'm ending you.
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Basically like Black Rambo............am i right? Come on now. Can we call him Blambo?

Seems like the guy has lost his ****, but after reading his manifesto it seems he got **** on time after time and there's only so much a man can take

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnPhinfan View Post
    Basically like Black Rambo............am i right? Come on now. Can we call him Blambo?

Seems like the guy has lost his ****, but after reading his manifesto it seems he got **** on time after time and there's only so much a man can take
    Which is why I posted the picture from Falling Down, because when reading the manifesto in full last night I just kept thinking how much it sounded like a rant from the movie. But both here and in the movie you lose your right to say you have a point once you start blasting. Then you're just an insane *******. Society doesn't allow for a breaking point, no matter what you've been through. It's hubris or just plain blind self absorption to say you're the only one who's been **** on and had bad stuff happen to.

Has anyone here seen Falling Down, besides NY? Great movie. Absolutely underrated. Even more apropos now than it was in the mid 90s, and not just because of Dorner.

Last edited by TheWalrus; 02-12-2013 at 01:37 AM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but the War on Terror has only succeeded in one major way - cutting off the funding to Jihadists so that large scale operations against civilian targets on US soil are no longer as feasible.

But when does the War on Terrorism end? It doesn't. It has no defined goal. It's like the War on Drugs - a money pit that will never fully solve the problem.

As was mentioned before, the continued occupation of those lands simply creates a new generation of enemies. You stamp out one cockroach, but 20 more come out of the cracks in the wall to continue the infestation. The only way to clean the house is to fumigate the whole damn thing, but we all know that isn't a reasonable solution when applied to this situation.

Bin Laden was actually a bit like Dorner. He was brought up in a system (the Western system) that he came to find was utterly corrupt (from his perspective). After finding what he believed to be a higher calling, he mounted a revenge campaign against the West, and everything it represented. His stated goal was to push Western influence out of his land. If the US didn't have a presence in that region thanks to the Soviet conflicts in Afghanistan or the Persian Gulf War, I don't believe there ever would have been an attack on US targets. Their goal isn't one of conquest or expansion. Their goal is to protect their land from outside influence.

Having a continued presence in the region only exacerbates the problem. However, I believe we are in a Catch 22 as a result. Having a continued presence in the region, we are able to control the situation now by ensuring the terrorist network isn't able to mobilize and organize as efficiently. If we vacate, all the new Bin Laden's we created will come out of the woodwork just like what happened after the US and Soviets abandoned Afghanistan in the 70s. But, the longer we pour resources into that region, the more debt we take on, and our economic power is drained. It's a war of attrition.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Which is why I posted the picture from Falling Down, because when reading the manifesto in full last night I just kept thinking how much it sounded like a rant from the movie. But both here and in the movie you lose your right to say you have a point once you start blasting. Then you're just an insane *******. Society doesn't allow for a breaking point, no matter what you've been through. It's hubris or just plain blind self absorption to say you're the only one who's been **** on and had bad stuff happen to.

Has anyone here seen Falling Down, besides NY? Great movie. Absolutely underrated. Even more apropos now than it was in the mid 90s, and not just because of Dorner.

I recall parts of this movie. It is reminiscent of Breaking Bad.
    Quote Quote