Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Florio thinks the Dolphins will sign Wallace

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Florio thinks the Dolphins will sign Wallace

There's no way the Steelers are keeping him; they're not going to use the franchise tag. That's the only way they have a chance of keeping Mike Wallace around. He's going to get paid more money by someone else other than the Steelers, and I can see the Dolphins with their cap space structuring a deal that would give Mike Wallace a ton of money. ...next morning (after free agency opens), 9am press conference, Mike Wallace holding up that jersey. I'd be surprised if that doesn't happen.
    the entire interview can be found at http://wqam.com/interviews

While my preference is Jennings, Wallace would be a great signing if it happens. While I think Jennings is a better all round player Wallace would certainly fire up the fanbase.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Wallace is definitely an upgrade at the position and would get people excited. I prefer Jennings, as I think he is more a team guy than Wallace, but I don't think I'd be disappointed if we got him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    M. Wallace, G. Jennings, high WR draft pick and we WILL win games.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be freakin ecstatic if we got Wallace. Add a TE like Finley or eifert we'd be in good shape
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be very happy with that! Free Agency cant happen soon enough! Im ready to start minicamps already!!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Florio bases the Dolphins signing Mike Wallace purely on trying to sell tickets. He said all this stuff on Joe Rose this morning and even said that Wallace isn't a very good route runner and drops balls and he may just be a guy in our offense but that Miami will sign him just to sell tickets and compete with the Heat. Take what he says with a grain of salt cause it's not football based.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    he has a point though, the Dolphins do need to try and capture the attention of Miami, signing the biggest name in free agency (who would also be very productive in our offense) would be a damn good way to do that
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Florio is still a boner
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I have more reasons not to sign wallace than I have to sign him, but I can see the selling tickets angle. I've been pretty much agaisnt this signing for awhile now, but if I sit down and have six beers, and think up a scenario like wallace, and a justin hunter or keenan allen, I actually think it could work. I'd endorse signing wallace if we were planning on drafting a solid route running kid to play along side him...

one trick ponies are nice, but not if they are your only option... we'd definately need someone else to keep the defense honest or they'd know we were just airing it up to wallace constantly...
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    he has a point though, the Dolphins do need to try and capture the attention of Miami, signing the biggest name in free agency (who would also be very productive in our offense) would be a damn good way to do that
    And if that big name free agent isn't a fit there will be a bigger backlash from the fan base and Ireland will be out of here faster than he can get packed.

If they want to bring the fan base back they're going to have to win, that's the only way. If Mike Wallace is just a guy in our offense and we pay him his $11 million a season that he wants how angry is the fan base going to be? Will it by like when we signed Jake Grove, Justin Smiley or Gabril Wilson...everyone thought those guys were the answer to our problems at their respective position.

I can tell you this. If the Dolphins continue to make decisions (and they have in the past) of signing big name free agents in an effort to sell tickets and raise expectations and fail to meet those expectations we will continue to wallow in mediocrity. Football decisions should NEVER be based on selling tickets, only on winning football games. We start winning games and people won't care what big name free agent we signed or didn't sign.
    Quote Quote