Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Florio thinks the Dolphins will sign Wallace

1. -11
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    I have more reasons not to sign wallace than I have to sign him, but I can see the selling tickets angle. I've been pretty much agaisnt this signing for awhile now, but if I sit down and have six beers, and think up a scenario like wallace, and a justin hunter or keenan allen, I actually think it could work. I'd endorse signing wallace if we were planning on drafting a solid route running kid to play along side him...

one trick ponies are nice, but not if they are your only option... we'd definately need someone else to keep the defense honest or they'd know we were just airing it up to wallace constantly...
    If I signed Wallace I would want to draft Robert Woods and resign Brian Hartline - both as key priorities, you have to go into the draft knowing you must get Woods.

Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    And if that big name free agent isn't a fit there will be a bigger backlash from the fan base and Ireland will be out of here faster than he can get packed.

If they want to bring the fan base back they're going to have to win, that's the only way. If Mike Wallace is just a guy in our offense and we pay him his $11 million a season that he wants how angry is the fan base going to be? Will it by like when we signed Jake Grove, Justin Smiley or Gabril Wilson...everyone thought those guys were the answer to our problems at their respective position.

I can tell you this. If the Dolphins continue to make decisions (and they have in the past) of signing big name free agents in an effort to sell tickets and raise expectations and fail to meet those expectations we will continue to wallow in mediocrity. Football decisions should NEVER be based on selling tickets, only on winning football games. We start winning games and people won't care what big name free agent we signed or didn't sign.
    Just playing devils advocate, I want us to sign Jennings. I do see the ticket point though and I am sure Wallace would make big plays if we brought him in. Like I said above, if we can compliment Wallace with two great route runners like Woods and Hartline as well as a pass catching TE then I think we could have a very effective offense. Three productive pass catchers would allow us to carry a luxury like Wallace.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How many drops last year? 4? The route running is nonsense.

Wallace should be the guy from a football perspective. Shouldn't have a damn thing to do with selling tickets.

I think I'm starting to prefer Bowe over Jennings. Just to much of a risk with his injury history.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree, i would be 'ok' with jennings but im concerned about his injuries.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not going to be surprised if the Dolphins brass is split over which WR to sign.

Philbin will prefer Jennings (unless there is major injury concern) from the good soldier/leadership standpoint - he's a guy he knows and trusts and those are the kinds of guys Philbin wants in the lockerroom. I could see Mike Sherman having a preference for Wallace, simply because he adds a dimension (blowing the top off defenses) that you don't get otherwise. As a playcaller, that's probably more enticing than a guy with good/great hands because it opens everything up. And if left to his own devices, I could see Ireland favoring Bowe above everyone else because he's more of the "prototype."

Should be interesting.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Florio reminds of nothing more than a used car salesmen, really can't stand him or anyone on his television show. But I sure hope he's right.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by houtz View Post
    How many drops last year? 4? The route running is nonsense.

Wallace should be the guy from a football perspective. Shouldn't have a damn thing to do with selling tickets.

I think I'm starting to prefer Bowe over Jennings. Just to much of a risk with his injury history.
    And yet you were pushing for Bowe prior to the trade deadline. No surprise there.

And when FOOTBALL people in the know, talk about his route running, it says buyer beware. It isn't just a few people here and there, its coming from different corners of the NFL. Add the whispers of his attitude problems, and Wallace may be another Holmes. The JETS are stuck w/ that mess, I don't wish MIA to travel that road.

But hey. You keep beating that drum.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    And yet you were pushing for Bowe prior to the trade deadline. No surprise there.

And when FOOTBALL people in the know, talk about his route running, it says buyer beware. It isn't just a few people here and there, its coming from different corners of the NFL. Add the whispers of his attitude problems, and Wallace may be another Holmes. The JETS are stuck w/ that mess, I don't wish MIA to travel that road.

But hey. You keep beating that drum.
    I was pushing for anyone that could help this god awful receiver core.

Football people in the know? Please point me in the direction of someone other than Polian and a handful of Finheaven users. Armando had a article a few weeks ago where he did the research and talked to those inside Pittsburgh's orginization. I think I'd take their word on his "attitude problems" or lack there of over what your so called football people are saying.

The man held out because he was making peanuts. Don't see a problem at all with what he did.

The drum will continue to beaten until we make a decision on one of the big three in FA. Until then expect more of the same from me.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He is wrong. We will sign Jennings and draft a "speed" option in Round 2.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by McMichael81Fan View Post
    Florio is still a boner
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bradenton, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Wallace is 100 percent the man Ireland will target, and I also won't be suprised if he's the first free agent signing of the year in the entire NFL. I can remember how upset Ireland was on Hardknocks when talking to Gates and having to cut him because he was their "deep speed guy". I for one think Ireland is salivating at the mouth to get a proven young guy with even better speed and a much better all around talent that won't cost any picks. I also remember hearing an interview with Ireland with him saying something along the lines of "a big move happening at the start of the new league year that will excite Miami Dolphins fans". Could this be Wallace? I think so and wouldn't be suprised if the framework of a deal was already in place. Resign Hartline, Clemons, Starks, and Fasano and this leaves us with plenty of top picks and wouldn't be at all suprised to see us double down on corners in the first two rounds again.
    Quote Quote