Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Florio thinks the Dolphins will sign Wallace

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daphne, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    And if that big name free agent isn't a fit there will be a bigger backlash from the fan base and Ireland will be out of here faster than he can get packed.

If they want to bring the fan base back they're going to have to win, that's the only way. If Mike Wallace is just a guy in our offense and we pay him his $11 million a season that he wants how angry is the fan base going to be? Will it by like when we signed Jake Grove, Justin Smiley or Gabril Wilson...everyone thought those guys were the answer to our problems at their respective position.

I can tell you this. If the Dolphins continue to make decisions (and they have in the past) of signing big name free agents in an effort to sell tickets and raise expectations and fail to meet those expectations we will continue to wallow in mediocrity. Football decisions should NEVER be based on selling tickets, only on winning football games. We start winning games and people won't care what big name free agent we signed or didn't sign.
    I agree with you. I'm not a huge Ireland fan but I didn't see anyone he could have signed or brought in last year in FA to help at WR that would have been worth it. We should get something we don't have already if we spend money on a FA WR. Wallace has speed - the others (Jennings and Bowe) really don't. I wouldn't be against getting Jennings and Bowe but they are both older, not as fast, and in Jennings' case has an injury problem for the last two years. Not guys I would spend top dollar for. If we spend we should get value or we'll end up like the Jets.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace would be awesome... He's more of a one trick stallion than a one trick pony. His deep speed is elite (if not the best in the game) and he should be paid accordingly. Originally, I was more for Jennings, but I love Wallace's age and his ability to separate from defenders with pure speed. If he can learn some more diverse routes he could become a great fit for our offense.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you get Wallace, Hartline is gone. We'd certainly bring in another FA WR and draft a WR in the 2nd...However I don't see it happening. It'll be Jennings, Hartline, a 2nd rounder and Bess. With TE Bennet/Keller/ Finley with Fasano or Eifert or Reed from Florida
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    You can't go wrong with either one, IMO...both go-to number one receivers this offense sorely needs. Wallace has the speed and big play ability. Jennings brings you reliability and familiarity with the system. Each guy has their strengths (and weaknesses) no doubt, but clearly upgrades. If we could also upgrade at TE, our offense could finally shine. Let's give Tannehill all the weapons he needs to be successful and turn this ship around.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance29 View Post
    I think Wallace is 100 percent the man Ireland will target, and I also won't be suprised if he's the first free agent signing of the year in the entire NFL. I can remember how upset Ireland was on Hardknocks when talking to Gates and having to cut him because he was their "deep speed guy". I for one think Ireland is salivating at the mouth to get a proven young guy with even better speed and a much better all around talent that won't cost any picks. I also remember hearing an interview with Ireland with him saying something along the lines of "a big move happening at the start of the new league year that will excite Miami Dolphins fans". Could this be Wallace? I think so and wouldn't be suprised if the framework of a deal was already in place. Resign Hartline, Clemons, Starks, and Fasano and this leaves us with plenty of top picks and wouldn't be at all suprised to see us double down on corners in the first two rounds again.
    You may be right but don't underestimate Joe Philbin's ability to lobby for Jennings. He is the obvious choice and he's high character and available.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Florio wants to be seen as right. Let's face it, predicting Jennings to Miami gets nobody any credit because it's too obvious. If Jennings goes to Miami, many people will say "they shoulda gotten Wallace like Florio said". If Wallace goes to Miami they'll say "Florio was one of the few people to call Wallace to Miami ... he's smart."

It's a no-lose prediction, the type of splash that Florio wants, and it sets up the Dolphins to look foolish if they don't. It doesn't surprise me he predicts it. Notice how he doesn't specify how much he's worth or what would be overpaying, or whether signing Jennings for less is a good deal? No, he wants credit right or wrong.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Florio thinks the Dolphins will sign Wallace

I've said it from day one: bring me The Newsman. Bring me Mike Wallace.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Florio thinks the Dolphins will sign Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Chance29 View Post
    I think Wallace is 100 percent the man Ireland will target, and I also won't be suprised if he's the first free agent signing of the year in the entire NFL. I can remember how upset Ireland was on Hardknocks when talking to Gates and having to cut him because he was their "deep speed guy". I for one think Ireland is salivating at the mouth to get a proven young guy with even better speed and a much better all around talent that won't cost any picks. I also remember hearing an interview with Ireland with him saying something along the lines of "a big move happening at the start of the new league year that will excite Miami Dolphins fans". Could this be Wallace? I think so and wouldn't be suprised if the framework of a deal was already in place. Resign Hartline, Clemons, Starks, and Fasano and this leaves us with plenty of top picks and wouldn't be at all suprised to see us double down on corners in the first two rounds again.
    I agree with everything you said except for Clemons. I'm not against resigning Clemons per se, but there's talk up here the Giants may cut Antrel Rolle because he's making too much money. If Rolle is available, we need to go after him I think. Rolle and Jones would be a pretty nice looking deep secondary.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sete12 View Post
    M. Wallace, G. Jennings, high WR draft pick and we WILL win games.
    Would be sexy BUT Tannehill would have no time and our defense would give up so many points.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 72 silky View Post
    I'd be freakin ecstatic if we got Wallace. Add a TE like Finley or eifert we'd be in good shape
    Resign
    Starks
    Clemons

Wallace, Finley, Cox, Tackle that would fit the west coast...

Draft-
    1-Patterson WR
    2-Trufant/Banks if they fall (Could be unlikely) If not there take Poyer CB
    2-Warford OG
    3-Carradine DE
    3-Bailey WR
    4-Lemonier DE
    5-Mathieu or McFadden CB

That would be insane
    Quote Quote