Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Florio thinks the Dolphins will sign Wallace

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We lack SPEED. Wallace has it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The one thing I like about Ireland is he doesn't throw money around carelessly. So I'm not so sure Wallace is the choice even though I would love it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tureo View Post
    The one thing I like about Ireland is he doesn't throw money around carelessly. So I'm not so sure Wallace is the choice even though I would love it.
    brandon marshall, jake grove, gibril wilson, karlos dansby, yermiah bell, vernon carey, disagree
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Need the speed. There is NO speed like this speed. Will take the safety over the top at the very least. Now the issue you see in Chicago is Marshall's ego sucking in QB looks, something Wallace shouldn't do and will open up the underneath. Need to draft a WR though on top of a wallace signing. Jennings sounds nice for the money, but if we are looking for big play receivers to grow with tannehill, I think wallace and a draft pick is the best option for pure firepower and youth. Would still be ecstatic if we got jennings though.

(On Miami sports teams being popular)

-“That’s not competition,” LeBron said. “That’s like you rooting for your family members. That’s not competition at all. It would be great to have him, but we’ll see.”

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would be happy with Wallace, although i do think Jennings will be the target. If we got Wallace, then I think our draft strategy would change slightly.
    With Wallace, we wouldnt need to draft a WR with either of our 1st two picks. We would have our burner, and with Hartline at 2, we would be in good shape. DE/CB shoiuld be the first 2 picks. However, if we get Jennings, I think we may still draft a fast WR in the 2nd round as I think Patterson will be gone by the time we pick.

FA is a masive 'hit' for us this year.
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hmm. I've started thinking this through some and now I'm not as sure that we're definitely going after Jennings and have Wallace as beginning to make some sense to me. Here's my line of thinking:

If we indeed sign Jennings, we are still in need or "have the pressure" to land us a "speedster" or two from the draft where the possibility lies that Patterson could be stolen right from us by the Jets at 9. And then Wheaton can be stolen from us before our 2nd round pick. And we would be left with raw types like Goodwin picked higher than we should pick him like forced to pick him in the 2nd to insure the speedster to not come out the draft without one and pass on some real good players in the process. See that as a possibility? I can.

With Wallace signed, if you notice, we'd already have our "speedster" on the roster prior to the draft giving us now the situation of not having to be pressured should Patterson be taken before we pick at 12 and if he's there, what a combo. If he's gone, no problem, we can either go with a CB like Milliner or a FS like Vaccaro, should we bypass Clemons and Sean Smith and go after a Rodgers-Cromartie in FA instead or even trade down a few slots and pick Deandre Hopkins or Keenan Allen to compliment Wallace and Bess. Or grab a CB like Banks or Rhodes.

It would also leave us without the pressure of having to pick another speedster higher than we have to and free our 2nd and 3rd round picks for BPA and pick a Goodwin in the end of the 3rd or in the 4th round where he should still be available.

I'm starting to feel the Mike Wallace target after all.

I can see a WR corps of:

WR: Hopkins, Bess, Goodwin
    WR: Wallace, Matthews

And that TE like Jared Cook

And Bush and Miller in the backfield
    Last edited by MrEd; 02-09-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    You all left out that Florio once again had to bash the Dolphins in signing Wallace. I cannot believe I have not seen it written here.

Florio said that the signings like this would "win the offseason", but get you in trouble later. Joe Rose defended the move and Florio backed off some. He is such a Fins basher.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    You all left out that Florio once again had to bash the Dolphins in signing Wallace. I cannot believe I have not seen it written here.

Florio said that the signings like this would "win the offseason", but get you in trouble later. Joe Rose defended the move and Florio backed off some. He is such a Fins basher.
    He said it may get you in trouble later. We really don't know how his conduct will be if/when he becomes the highest paid receiver in the league! I personally don't think it Brandon Marshall bad.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sign Mike Wallace and Jared Cook!!! and combine them with drafting a wide receiver and a TE.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Florio thinks the Dolphins will sign Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post

He's always back-handedly bashing the Fins. I think he had an interaction w Ireland at some point and Ireland treated him like he treats any other NFL reporter and Florio felt insulted. He probably took exception bc of his bloated sense of entitlement.
    Quote Quote