Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Florio thinks the Dolphins will sign Wallace

1. -41
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope he is right.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    corner Zzyzx & Gypsy rds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pass on Wallace (pun intended). Wallace is good at runnig a 9 Route and that is about it; he isn't even the best WR on putzburgh's roster.

I like the comparison between Wheaton & Wallace (elsewhere in these forums). Its true except for the fact Wheaton is more well rounded and will be cheaper. If Wheaton is around w/ Miami's 2b or 3a then pull the trigger.

Mind you... I'm of the opinion that Eifert & Wheaton or Woods would go a long way towards improving Miami's O.
    Itís reassuring to know the world is crazier than you are. - Erik Selvig, Thor: The Dark World

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not sold on Wallace being the all everything answer at WR. Pittsburgh is one of the best franchises in Professional Sports, there has to be a good reason why they didn't shell out all that cash to Wallace and instead sign Brown. Wallace has suspect hands in spite of his tremendous speed. IMHO I'd rather draft Markus Wheaton who already is a better route runner, has better hands than Wallace and might be, just a tad slower. I thinks it's very important to have a speedster who actually can be consistent, something I'm not sure Wallace is. I've been following the Pittsburgh Fan Sites and they sure aren't keen on giving him all that money for a few great plays a year. Another thing, that is also important to remember, Can Wallace learn the Offense? In the scenario that best fit's Miami's needs, it looks as if Jennings in spite of his age is the better fit. Be careful what you wish for in terms of Mike Wallace.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami already have a Jennings type player on the team and his name is Hartline.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Make no difference who is the number 1 guy is if the team don't use him that way.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Wallace would look good in a Fins uniform.

So would Jennings, both have speed. So IMO there about even in the helping Tannehill out aspect.

Im not gonna be picky, FAs pick Miami, not the other way around.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan91 View Post
    I'm not sold on Wallace being the all everything answer at WR. Pittsburgh is one of the best franchises in Professional Sports, there has to be a good reason why they didn't shell out all that cash to Wallace and instead sign Brown. Wallace has suspect hands in spite of his tremendous speed. IMHO I'd rather draft Markus Wheaton who already is a better route runner, has better hands than Wallace and might be, just a tad slower. I thinks it's very important to have a speedster who actually can be consistent, something I'm not sure Wallace is. I've been following the Pittsburgh Fan Sites and they sure aren't keen on giving him all that money for a few great plays a year. Another thing, that is also important to remember, Can Wallace learn the Offense? In the scenario that best fit's Miami's needs, it looks as if Jennings in spite of his age is the better fit. Be careful what you wish for in terms of Mike Wallace.
    Pittsburgh offered Wallace $10mill/year last summer, and he turned it down.

My concern with paying Wallace is that he struggled last year in Haley's WCO, and that there are many other WRs I'd rather have on, say, 3rd-and-6.

I'm with you: I'd rather have Jennings. Versatile guy inside or outside, great route-runner, good veteran guy to have with a young offense and QB.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm still not sure if I'd want Wallace over Jennings. I lean towards Jennings for his intangibles and guidance on the practice field/locker room, but Wallace would make me incredibly happy too with his ability to push back defenses and get great separation for the deep ball. They both bring different positives to the offense, and they are very different players.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can't help but like Jennings, but I think Wallace is exactly what this team needs. We need a player who can stretch the defense and Wallace may be the best at that in the NFL. He speed is elite and defenses have to account for that. Suddenly Miami's average offensive line starts looking a little better. Jennings is a more complete player, but I also think it's easier to find a player like him than like Wallace. I think the Dolphins could find a physical wr in the draft perhaps even in the 3rd round if the team is willing to take a chance on someone like Da'Rick Rogers or Marques Wilson.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would go for Jennings out of the two myself, but as was said it obviously is all based on who the Fins 'choose'.
    Quote Quote