Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jared Odrick to hit trade block?

1. -31
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I really hope this is true and that they re-sign Randy Starks.

I agree with Armando Salguero in that the statements coming out of Kevin Coyle have indicated that they feel very perplexed about where and how to play Jared Odrick. They recognize he's not doing everything they want at defensive end yet they don't think he can play defensive tackle either.
    I do recall that too. When someone asked Coyle is Odrick better inside? Coyle response was no we like the role he's playing.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This time of the year, you start to get tons of misinformation shovelled out by GMs.

I would make sure to sign Starks, if they think they can get an impact player to replace Odrick I'm for it,
    otherwise I'd like them both back.

I'd like to see Sean in another uniform come preseason.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For an upper 2nd pick, sure why not? This pick could also get us back in the first round for an impact player.
    Miami Dolphins '13: 0-0-0
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Jared Odrick to hit trade block?

Quote Originally Posted by UCF Nation View Post
    For an upper 2nd pick, sure why not? This pick could also get us back in the first round for an impact player.
    Absolutely.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UCF Nation View Post
    Or we could have just taken an impact player in the first place instead of dumping yet another first round pick for a loss.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Classic Dolphins. Draft a player and deal him later for less than what was paid. And have your draft picks not sign a second deal. Constant turnover. No building a critical mass for a winning team long-term. Completely the opposite of the Ravens. They draft a nucleus, extend their draft picks, keep building on the core, and add free agents judiciously.

If Miami loses Sean Smith, Long, and Hartline, the Dolphins will have very few players on the roster drafted while Ireland was GM who see a second contract. Even if those guys do come back, there aren't many. Merling, Henne, Langford, Davis, Pat White, and Pat Turner are just some of the high picks drafted who already moved on before they could sign a second contract. Those are six picks that should be forming part of a nucleus, and now three more draft picks could go. Meanwhile, the Dolphins continue to be a sub-.500 team with dwindling fan base, no national profile, etc.

You gotta draft players that you want to be in a longer term plan.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree w/ Hayden & Nublar. Odrick would IMO do well in a 3 technique w/ Big Paul in 0 or 1 technique.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Odrick MIGHT do well on the inside in a 3-technique position but unfortunately we don't know because the Dolphins have had him playing end. Thing is, we have a guy that we KNOW plays that position well. Really well. Damn near Pro Bowl well. Why give him up in exchange for a "maybe"? I don't understand that.

I think the smart move would be to re-sign Starks and then see if you could trade Odrick. Even if you can't trade him, move him back to the interior and have him rotate more actively with Starks and Soliai. He has to focus on that position if you want to get a better idea what his real ceiling is.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    Do you want to be the next Burger King? Or the next Del Taco instead of McDonalds or Taco Bell? Sign Ireland !
    We're a heck of a long way from Burger King level. We haven't been Burger King in nearly 30 years. I'd sign up for Burger King right now.

Jeff Ireland would have traded the Whopper a long time ago.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    Classic Dolphins. Draft a player and deal him later for less than what was paid. And have your draft picks not sign a second deal. Constant turnover. No building a critical mass for a winning team long-term. Completely the opposite of the Ravens. They draft a nucleus, extend their draft picks, keep building on the core, and add free agents judiciously.

If Miami loses Sean Smith, Long, and Hartline, the Dolphins will have very few players on the roster drafted while Ireland was GM who see a second contract. Even if those guys do come back, there aren't many. Merling, Henne, Langford, Davis, Pat White, and Pat Turner are just some of the high picks drafted who already moved on before they could sign a second contract. Those are six picks that should be forming part of a nucleus, and now three more draft picks could go. Meanwhile, the Dolphins continue to be a sub-.500 team with dwindling fan base, no national profile, etc.

You gotta draft players that you want to be in a longer term plan.
    Yes, we must keep all our busts....

I has nothing to do with dealing them later for less than what we got them for...it is all about the fact we draft these busts in the first place. If a guy is a bust...get rid of him. Keeping a player just based on draft position is a joke.
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote