Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Jared Odrick to hit trade block?

1. -51
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I understand why people are saying stop trading #1s for 2nd rounders, I feel the same. However, if they do not believe that he will flourish in this system, and if this is the best value we're going to get for him, I don't see why we shouldn't deal him. Let's be real, another year or two when he doesn't improve, and you're looking at a pick that isn't so high.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Odrick isn't being traded and he shouldn't be. He is a good, not great player so far and I think he will be kicked inside to DT if Starks walks in free agency. Odrick will be a better fit there.
    if we do loose starks im not sure Odrick can play inside as good as Starks.
    Nubs please explain why you think he would be a better fit inside.i respect your posts and knowledge of the sport.this is not a slam on you just my way of trying to understand how Odrick would be a better fit inside than he is on the end

sincerley thanks
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why weaken the strength of the team
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by allsilverdreams View Post
    if we do loose starks im not sure Odrick can play inside as good as Starks.
    Nubs please explain why you think he would be a better fit inside.i respect your posts and knowledge of the sport.this is not a slam on you just my way of trying to understand how Odrick would be a better fit inside than he is on the end

sincerley thanks
    I have watched his career from the Lebanon Cedars, to Penn State and now to the Dolphins. He has played a lot as a 4-3 defensive tackle and had a lot of success. It made sense to make him a defensive end in the 3-4, but in the 4-3 defensive tackle might be the better fit for him here in the pros. He has a lot of prior experience and success in that role.

I don't know if he will be better than Starks in that role, but Starks might not be here next year. If he leaves in free agency it is another reason why Odrick won't be traded.

Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I have watched his career from the Lebanon Cedars, to Penn State and now to the Dolphins. He has played a lot as a 4-3 defensive tackle and had a lot of success. It made sense to make him a defensive end in the 3-4, but in the 4-3 defensive tackle might be the better fit for him here in the pros. He has a lot of prior experience and success in that role.
    I agree he seems to be made to actually be a 4-3 tackle and trading him for at best a 3rd is not smart value. Doesnt mean our idiot of a gm wont do it though
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Keep Odrick, and let go of Randy. We'll save so much money to spend on other resources besides its not like Odrick is incapable to play DT, he can actually be a star as a 4-3 DT.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    Keep Odrick, and let go of Randy. We'll save so much money to spend on other resources besides its not like Odrick is incapable to play DT, he can actually be a star as a 4-3 DT.
    I respectfully disagree. Resign Randy, and Tony McDaniel and shop Odrick for the best pick. I am not excited about Odrick as others are.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Resign Randy, and Tony McDaniel and shop Odrick for the best pick. I am not excited about Odrick as others are.
    Idk I just wouldn't like us to give up on him so easily after showing a lot of promise this year add that plus the fact Randy is going to demand quite a large contract I'd feel safe about sliding Odrick inside.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    Im not suoer excited but trading him for a 3rd or 4th rounder is not a very exciting prospect either and he is cheaper than McDanial will be and more talented. Not sure why we have to trade odrick we have players wasting much more money than him
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Im not suoer excited but trading him for a 3rd or 4th rounder is not a very exciting prospect either and he is cheaper than McDanial will be and more talented. Not sure why we have to trade odrick we have players wasting much more money than him
    If you recall McDaniel player hurt all year. I would take the pick and put it to great use in this years draft.
    Quote Quote