Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Don Banks 2012 re-draft: Tannehill at #5, Martin at #18

1. -41
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No one IMO is saying that RG3 has been anything short of incredible and certainly at this point better than Tannehill (even stripping out their respective offensive arsenal of weapons).

However, since hindsight is always 20/20, and essentially, taking a "mulligan" is the point of the article, an argument indeed can be made that considering RG3's 2 concussions and 2 ACL tears since '09, and factoring in the high cost of 3 firsts and a second to acquire him, knowing what we know now, for taking Tannehill before him. The issue with RG3 is that the mobility that makes him dynamic and effective is exactly what also causes him to be fragile. Can he be a great pocket passer? All evidence points toward that possibility - however, it makes him a different QB entirely. The high cost of acquisition, the history of fragility in both college and now pronounced in the hard hitting pros IMO make for a persuasive tipping point that now the benefit of hindsight regarding both RG3 and RT17, Tannehill would be the better top 10 pick on a fantasy re-do

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    actually i would say that rg3 has not been incredible or better than tannehill...the only qbs that have been better than tannehill in this class is luck and wilson...but wilson doesn't possess tannehills upside and meat still left on the bone...

no one though ask their qb to do more presnap and make more reads than miami ask ryan tannehill to make...from setting up protections to option route decisions off db leverage and coverage etc...no one
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Athletically and mobility wise RGIII is one of the best quarterbacks in the league. What he was able to do with his legs with big running plays or simply keeping passing plays alive was almost out of this world. However, if you take away his legs and his mobility, I am not sure you can say with certainty that he is a better quarterback than Ryan Tannehill. You could even argue that Tannehill has more upside. Tannehill is also very athletic and mobile but he seems to hold up a little better than RGIII has during his career(college and Pros). RGIII tore his ACL in college and had his knee ripped up even worse this season as a rookie. I think RGIII will make a comeback and play at a good level again, but I am not sure we will ever see the player we saw for the majority of the 2012 season.

I also think his NFL window is a lot shorter than most quarterbacks, probably something like 5 years.

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    what will set tannehill apart from most these other qbs is his ability to play in a traditional pocket and read defenses in that setting...for my money him and luck are the two best at it already...tannehill possesses all the tools of a franchise qb...just a matter of time...

if i was doing a 2012 draft redo off what i saw on tape from all these guys tannehill would be the #2 pick no question...and i wouldn't trade him right now for multiple 1st rounders...he's too talented and too smart with how he sees the game
    Quote Quote