Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Is Sean Smith is a crack addict or just plain stupid?

1. -71
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat-London View Post
    I'd rather keep Patterson at his currently salary than pay Smith any more than £2-3m/year. Although, we should try and renegotiate on Patterson if we can.

On the topic of CB's - One player I am keen on seeing how he develops in the off season is Bryan McCann.
    I'm sorry but I see some people fans of patterson and I'm not sure why. Sure I'd like to pay a guy as little money as possible, but usually theres a reason for that. I like McCann though, good speed and ball skills from the little i've seen. Patterson? Haven't noticed anything special.

(On Miami sports teams being popular)

-“That’s not competition,” LeBron said. “That’s like you rooting for your family members. That’s not competition at all. It would be great to have him, but we’ll see.”

Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The problem w/ Derek Cox is the Jags are making every effort to keep him and may use the franchise tag if needed.

You're looking more at Brent Grimes, Cary Williams, Chris Houston and Antoine Cason.

If you knew Grimes would be healthy and not lose his athletic ability after the Achilles tear, you'd be on him all day. But that's not realistic. A corner makes his living off his speed and athleticism, especially Grimes who is a particularly small corner. You can't expect a guy off an Achilles tear to suffer no lasting effects. Unrealistic.

Cason would be a decent option. Very consistent technique. Perfect for a "bend don't break" defense.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you guys saw how suggs looked coming off an achilles...pretty much a shell of himself...i can see the same scenario with grimes in year 1 back from injury...small corner as others have said...if he loses anything speed and quickness wise it's gonna be a problem...

i'm with the antoine cason crowd if cox is getting tagged or resigned...but just don't expect a whole lot of playmaking with cason...bend but don't break corner is exactly what i see as well...

it's either that or i'm looking at keenan lewis market...and if need be drafting keenan lewis light with better tools coming out in robert alford...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -74

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    at $8 to $10 mil per walk away...smiths too long to ever cover smaller quicker wrs with better hips and cod consistently...so that's pretty much not gonna change...it would be a little different if the kid located the ball and made plays on it but he just doesn't...walk away

just keep in mind casons probably a $8-10 mil corner in free agency also...
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would walk away from Sean Smith at $8 to $10 million but not because of physical shortcomings. It's not because I don't trust him to cover small/quick guys. I would walk away from that kind of money because Sean Smith is too inconsistent in his technique to pay that kind of money. He doesn't give up big plays because of physical shortcomings. He gives up big plays because he turns the wrong way, steps with the wrong foot, gets turned around, etc. Antoine Cason is very consistent with his technique but doesn't flash the kind of ability to aggressively erase players that Sean Smith flashes. Sean Smith has shown the ability to erase any kind of receiver with physical and aggressive coverage, but his technique is just bafflingly inconsistent.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah but smiths a corner that even when he has a guy locked down he cannot find the football...after i rewatched that indy game for the 3rd time and saw him leave the deep crossing wr to the safety textbook and drop right underneath the deep post perfectly and then get turned around somehow inexcusably while the ball was in flight to hilton for the td i decided i had had enough...

it's just baffling...at $8 mil per ready to move on...even if i have to pay another average guy comparably...
    Quote Quote  

7. -77

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if we had control of vontaes rights for the next year right now instead of trading him for what became a late 2nd rounder we wouldn't be in this pickle right now...we could walk away and still be alright...instead we get a late 2nd rounder and have a need to fill at cb...a hole right now...well good luck getting anything close to vontaes physical tools and talents that late...corners will go fast
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Is Sean Smith is a crack addict or just plain stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    at $8 to $10 mil per walk away...smiths too long to ever cover smaller quicker wrs with better hips and cod consistently...so that's pretty much not gonna change...it would be a little different if the kid located the ball and made plays on it but he just doesn't...walk away

just keep in mind casons probably a $8-10 mil corner in free agency also...
    Cason really intrigues me, I'd much rather pay him $8-$10 mil than Smith.

Any idea of what San Diego's cap looks like?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Antoine Cason is asking $8 to $10 million I would walk away from him as well. I'd rather pay Sean Smith that kind of money than Antoine Cason. The point on Antoine Cason is that he'll be cheaper.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we should use our second 3rd round pick on Mississippi State's Darius Slay. He doesn't get all the pub that Johnthan Banks gets, but he is a ball hawk who knows how to get picks, and also can tackle, which Sean Smith seems to do only when he is in the mood.
    1. OG: Zack Martin, Notre Dame
    2. ILB: Chris Borland, Wisconsin
    3. TE: C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
    4. DT: Daniel McCullers, Tenn
    5. FS: Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt
    6. QB: Connor Shaw, South Carolina
    7. RB: Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State
    Quote Quote