Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Down the Two Tennessee WR Prospects

1. -11
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It just seems too conveniant to me thats all. like ted ginn. everyone on here thought ted ginn was the bomb. well, he was.

patterson has more size but what seems more easy in college doesnt quite add up in the pros.

and I dont trust mel kiper for crap. he hates the dolphins. he throws that guy in there for us like "here take this guy, suckers"

I dont see many other teams salivating over this guy. sorry. just not a follower of the masses i guess.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scotch Plains NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    It just seems too conveniant to me thats all. like ted ginn. everyone on here thought ted ginn was the bomb. well, he was.
    Not too sure everyone on here was on board with that Ted Ginn pick. I actually don't know if anyone was on board. That was a terrible pick then and an even worse pick looking back.
    LETS GO FINS!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Reading Is Fundamental

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Breaking Down the Two Tennessee WR Prospects

patterson has more size but what seems more easy in college doesnt quite add up in the pros.

and I dont trust mel kiper for crap. he hates the dolphins. he throws that guy in there for us like "here take this guy, suckers"

I dont see many other teams salivating over this guy. sorry. just not a follower of the masses i guess.
    I don't even want to relive that horrible draft. Especially the dafuq moment in round one with that joker known as Ginn.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks

Breaking Down the Two Tennessee WR Prospects

I don't see the comparison between Ginn and Patterson. First off Patterson seems to catch the ball well, has good size and has elite after the catch ability. The only question I have is whether he can be an elite redzone weapon.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks

I get the sense that most of the board views Patterson as AN option - rather than THE option. There's no denying his talent. You'd have to be a ****ing moron to deny his talent. Like dumb as rocks. But he isn't the safest bet. He's a risk/reward guy, and I would prefer to go in a different direction in Round 1, but I'd be happy to have him on the team.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll admit to liking the Ginn pick. I was desperate for a WR like everyone else and he was a burner. I did expect him to be used to stretched the field for us and we never really got him into that role.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maso3348 View Post
    Not too sure everyone on here was on board with that Ted Ginn pick. I actually don't know if anyone was on board. That was a terrible pick then and an even worse pick looking back.
    oh dude, you werent around were you? Thats all I watched all day long.....ted ginn in the open field. looked so frigging fast! That he was. He had moves and gone!!!! He was great great great all day on finheaven. believe me.

Just like everyone is all gaga for patterson, same thing different year.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsh8r View Post
    I'll admit to liking the Ginn pick. I was desperate for a WR like everyone else and he was a burner. I did expect him to be used to stretched the field for us and we never really got him into that role.
    Thank you for your honesty. Now I want you to stop and think just a little here. Are we desperate for a WR? Not if you have a deep WR draft, lots of dough to spend, and 6 picks in first 111.

So we want to just focus in on one guy named Patterson who scored 5 TD's playing one year for Tennessee and alot of his big open field plays came on special teams and his first ever TD came on an end around. In college that stuff works all day and night. In the pros, not so much. And special teams? The NFL is talking about getting rid of the kickoff!!!!

So just thinking like Philbin here, who wants guys who can run routes, catch the ball, read the defense with the QB, audible at LOS if needed, and know your assignments, that this kid is the guy all day and night.

Not saying that Patterson is a bad player or that he cant eventually be a superstar, but that it aint gonna happen in year one. There is no proof production wise. WR's take a couple of years in most situations. So with this deep draft, with all these resources, we all should pound the table for patterson.

Not buying.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Am really hoping the dolphins trade one of our 2nd rounders to move up and draft B.W
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

You say it's like Ted Ginn but I would like to see you expound upon that more, how you think they're similar on the football field.

As for who else among draftniks etc are talking him up, I will say that two former scouts Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks both have Cordarrelle Patterson going in the top 12, and that's in addition to Mel Kiper who is extremely sensitive to what scouts are telling him when he's doing these lists.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote