Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breaking Down the Two Tennessee WR Prospects

1. -21
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    [QUOTE=ckparrothead;1064582521]You say it's like Ted Ginn but I would like to see you expound upon that more, how you think they're similar on the football field.

As for who else among draftniks etc are talking him up, I will say that two former scouts Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks both have Cordarrelle Patterson going in the top 12, and that's in addition to Mel Kiper who is extremely sensitive to what scouts are telling him when he's doing these lists.[/QUOTE]

funny, because mel kiper has damontre moore going #2 overall, and if he truly is sensitive to what scouts are telling him, while he compiles his list... why on earth would he do so, for a guy, who apparently no scouts are talking about as a first round talent??
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post

funny, because mel kiper has damontre moore going #2 overall, and if he truly is sensitive to what scouts are telling him, while he compiles his list... why on earth would he do so, for a guy, who apparently no scouts are talking about as a first round talent??
    Being sensitive to what scouts say in general does not mean you've got scouts commenting on every single pick. I would think that would be intuitive. In the absence of directly conflicting evidence, I would absolutely be inclined to believe that Mel Kiper has Damontre Moore all the way up there "for a reason" so to speak. But given that a former scout who still has a lot of active ties to the scouting community has directly stated in no uncertain terms that he has scouts telling him that Damontre Moore is not in the 1st round for them...I'm more inclined to believe the directly attributed evidence than the generalized "Mel Kiper has him ranked there for a reason" assumption.

Hope that clears things up. Should all be very intuitive.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I'm particularly happy that I don't put as much stock in "former" construction engineers, as you do "former" scouts.

I am confused to your fixation with these former scouts... like all these employed scouts puke all their teams private info to an out of work scout, to puke all over the internet. Could we have found the reason this former scout is out of a job???

I'm done arguing with you, you have that ryan mallet tone to your posts, and I can't imagine anybody wants to go through all that again.

we're not talking about mr. irrelevant here... I'd venture a wild guess that with as much as moores name has been associated with a top ten selection, that maybe, just maybe a few scouts have words with kiper about him... I have a hard time convincing myself that when it comes to kiper, mum is the word from all his sources on damontre moore.

for the record I've never been much of a kiper fan, but this whole conversation started when you stated that he is sensitive to what folks tell him when he is putting his lists together... which isn't to say, thats the only basis for his board, but that there is some substance to those opinions... unless of course, I am now to believe that he isn't sensitive to what people say to him, and he just pegs a guy wherever, based on barometric pressure on any given day?
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    I'm done arguing with you,
    Well on that much we can agree. You seem to be completely unable to handle discussion with someone who presents their arguments in a cohesive, well thought-out manner. You just want me to flat out rescind whatever I think and have said about a guy because you disagree. Sorry, not really going to happen. I respect your difference of opinion. It's unfortunate (for you) that you don't respect mine.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I disagree with Ck all the time. We always keep it classy

Anyway, I'd also like to see what Ginn and CP have in common besides speed? and Btw, CP has agility and quick burst speed not just top end speed like Ginn. If you look at how he was used in college you would see they tried to get him on the field as much as possible on SP as well as offense. Also, look at the talent at receiver Tennessee had. Put that all together with the fact he has only had one year in the FBS and you will see why he hasn't been able to work on his route running all that much. Even the article notices the guy was crazy horse worked lol. BUT in that one year he was the best receiver on that team. Give him a good receivers coach and a vet (jennings) to bring him along and you have yourself a player.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    It just seems too conveniant to me thats all. like ted ginn. everyone on here thought ted ginn was the bomb. well, he was.

patterson has more size but what seems more easy in college doesnt quite add up in the pros.

and I dont trust mel kiper for crap. he hates the dolphins. he throws that guy in there for us like "here take this guy, suckers"

I dont see many other teams salivating over this guy. sorry. just not a follower of the masses i guess.
    Speak for yourself with Ginn. I never wanted anything to do with him, and not because I'm a Michigan fan (wanted Santonio Holmes the year before, and liked Anthony Gonzalez in round 2 had he slipped there), but watching him play, NOTHING screamed go-to WR. He was a burner, but pretty much all of his plays were reverses or bubble screens. He caught the occasional bomb, but he was not a WR. I said even back then, at best, he was a 3rd WR for at least a year. I did admit that if we got the ball in his hands he could be dangerous. We never did that so it's a moot point. If you liked Ted Ginn it was because you saw his speed or him return kicks in college. He never looked like a top 10 pick while in college.

And no Mel Kiper doesn't just mock people to somebody because he hates the Fins.
    Quote Quote