Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: With Mayock's assessment that 5-25 are basically the same rated players...

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

With Mayock's assessment that 5-25 are basically the same rated players...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...ce-makers.html

Sounds like DE's are not that separated between the ones that will be available for us at 12 than those who will be available in the 2nd round. He mentioned that Cordarrelle Patterson and Chance Warmack are special players and that really only Milliner stands above the other 4 who seem not too far from each other.

This is beginning to lend me to think that I wouldn't be surprised that if our pick isn't Cordarrelle Patterson? It can very well be.......wait for it........RG Chance Warmack. Yup, you read me correctly. This would instantly upgrade our weak link in the OL, which was RG. And this would perfectly move John Jerry into the Nate Garner role of backup G/T, which, in shape he can play very well.

I would not be mad if we indeed select Chance Warmack or Cordarrelle Patterson at #12 and wait for our 2nd and 3rd round picks to select our CB, DE, and either WR or G depending on which way we go at 12.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unless it's a runningback or an interior defensive lineman, I think Miami is best to just grab 'best available' at #12. I don't trust us to trade down and get a player that won't be just another stiff body. I do hope we can grab at least one industry renown elite player and not just some 'reach'.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    Unless it's a runningback or an interior defensive lineman, I think Miami is best to just grab 'best available' at #12. I don't trust us to trade down and get a player that won't be just another stiff body. I do hope we can grab at least one industry renown elite player and not just some 'reach'.
    i agree, some might not agree but corderalle Patterson looks elite to me. I'd love if tannehill was throwing to Wallace Patterson and bess, with Lamar miller out the backfield
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's my very point, iamtiv. Cordarrelle Patterson will be the #1 WR playmaker in the draft and can very well go to BUF, NYJ, and a surprise team and not male it to us at 12. So what would we do at that point with no Patterson or Milliner? Draft a DE or CB that isn't that much better than one that will be there in the 2nd round? Chance Warmack is supposed to be a super talented OG and we can use one, not mention when Ireland was asked about how to help Tannehill, he mentioned or it can even be OL help.

We sign Mike Wallace and Dustin Keller for instance and then re-sign our own like Long, Starks, Smith, Bush, Hartline, and Clemons.

Nate Garner is a UFA. Jerry played well at times but struggled most out of all the OL. Move him to the Nate Garner backup T/G role and you instantly upgrade the OL with Long, Incognito, Pouncey, Warmack, and Martin. With Jerry, Samuda, and Yeatman.

Now you use your 2nd and 3rd round picks on a CB, DE, WR, and say a LB.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we sign Wallace before the draft, it gives us all the options in the world to go BPA at 12 in the 1st round -- we have so many needs... OL, CB, DE, TE, S, LB...

For all those years of supposedly "good" Ireland drafting and GM work, we are SO thin across the board, depth-wise, and radically poor at skill positions... hopelessly in need at way too many key positions.

LD
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...ce-makers.html

Sounds like DE's are not that separated between the ones that will be available for us at 12 than those who will be available in the 2nd round. He mentioned that Cordarrelle Patterson and Chance Warmack are special players and that really only Milliner stands above the other 4 who seem not too far from each other.

This is beginning to lend me to think that I wouldn't be surprised that if our pick isn't Cordarrelle Patterson? It can very well be.......wait for it........RG Chance Warmack. Yup, you read me correctly. This would instantly upgrade our weak link in the OL, which was RG. And this would perfectly move John Jerry into the Nate Garner role of backup G/T, which, in shape he can play very well.

I would not be mad if we indeed select Chance Warmack or Cordarrelle Patterson at #12 and wait for our 2nd and 3rd round picks to select our CB, DE, and either WR or G depending on which way we go at 12.
    I can't say I disagree with you on this but you know very well if Jeff Ireland selects an OL in the 1st round, even if he is the best player available, a good majority of Dolphins' Nation will want to have Ireland's head on a stick.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    I can't say I disagree with you on this but you know very well if Jeff Ireland selects an OL in the 1st round, even if he is the best player available, a good majority of Dolphins' Nation will want to have Ireland's head on a stick.
    Not if they've already signed Wallace at WR and Lewis at CB, for instance.

LD
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But Ireland learned his lesson and has no choice but to draft playmakers. There's no way he would take an OL in the first round.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Matthew Santos: Shadows in a Shoebox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaV9yPc_EYw
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    But Ireland learned his lesson and has no choice but to draft playmakers. There's no way he would take an OL in the first round.
    OL in the 1st round IF BPA makes tons of sense -- IF we've already signed some true playmakers in FA...

LD
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    OL in the 1st round IF BPA makes tons of sense -- IF we've already signed some true playmakers in FA...

LD
    It depends on who's idea of BPA they're going by. I'm not confident in his.
    Quote Quote