Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: 2013 Combine Invitation List

1. -1
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

2013 Combine Invitation List

http://www.nflcombine.net/players/official-invite-list

There's a number of notable prospects who were left off that I've been particularly fond of, that are somehow inexplicably replaced by lesser prospects. This happens every year obviously.

At quarterback, I could've done without James Vandenberg and Marqueis Gray. I have a higher opinion of Jordan Rodgers and Matt McGloin, and would rather have seen them.

At runningback, I could've done without C.J. Anderson, Tommy Bohanon, Matthew Tucker, and Braden Wilson. I have a higher opinion of Latavius Murray, Dennis Johnson, Orwin Smith, D.J. Monroe, Shawne Alston, Richard Samuel, Curtis McNeal, and Cameron Marshall, and would rather have seen these guys. Benny Cunningham would also make this group if it wasn't for the knee injury that would prevent him from participating anyway.

At tight end, Chris Pantale, Mychal Rivera, and D.C. Jefferson do not interest me. Michael Williams, Jack Doyle, Brandon Ford, Chase Harper, Ryan Griffin, Kyler Reed, and Zach Sudfeld are all superior prospects in my opinion. Also Marcus Green from Mississippi St., who I project in an H-back type role. This kid is a fantastic receiver and an underrated player in my estimation.

At wide receiver, I could do without Lanear Sampson, Kenbrell Thompkins, Ryan Spadola, Tracy Moore, T.J. Moe, Darius Johnson, Marlon Brown, and Alan Bonner. They could've invited any of Zach Rogers, Anthony Amos, Justin Brown, Roy Roundtree, Matt Austin, Quincy McDuffie, Dan Buckner, Emory Blake, Chad Bumphis, Taylor Stockemer, Javone Lawson, Chip Reeves, Darryl Surgent, Brent Leonard, Frankie Hammond, Marcus Rucker, or Mike Shanahan and made this a much stronger group.

LaAdrian Waddle, Adam Masters, Chris McDonald, Mario Benavides, Mark Popek, Theo Goins, Jeff Nady, Patrick Lewis, etc.... were all prospects I liked better than some of what is attending here along the offensive line.

At DB, Rashard Hall, Nigel Malone, Allen Chapman, Greg Brown, Broderick Brown, Cody Davis, Terence Garvin, Troy Stoudermire, Dexter McCoil, Kemal Ishmael, Jahleel Addae, Jermaine Robinson, Don Jones, Trey Wilson, Prentiss Waggner, T'Sharvan Bell, Travis Howard, and Corey Broomfield are all inexplicably missing here.

Demetrius Hartsfield, Greg Blair, Will Compton, Daren Bates, Cameron Lawrence, Will Ebner, and Jake Johnson are more interesting to me than some of the linebackers attending.

Joe Vellano, A.J. Francis, Izaan Cross, Jake McDonough, Josh Mauro, Eric Martin, Darrington Sentimore, and Spencer Nealy would make the defensive line group a little stronger in my opinion.

I'd just about guarantee that 80% of the players named here that are missing from the official combine invite list will be drafted instead of some of the players in attendance.... because they're just better players. Some of the names missing are inexcusable.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    hoboken, nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was glad to see a small school guy like Ryan Spadola from Lehigh make the list. He did play well during the Texas versus Nation All Star practices.

Do you think the combine tried to spread the wealth by giving more invitations to smalll school guys rahter then the big football factories?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canandaigua,NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Jack Doyle!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    serious question: who decides who gets invited?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    serious question: who decides who gets invited?
    Mostly voted on by a selection committee consisting of scouting services and league personnel representatives. Although the earlier poster brought up a good point regarding the intent to spread the wealth so to speak. However, I believe that's what many of these All-Star Games are for. The combine should extend invitations to the most deserving and most talented in my opinion.

A lot these guys left off weren't 5-star recruits. They were 2-3 star recruits who worked their butt off to earn starting jobs over more highly recruited players at a higher level of football, and produced.

Obviously they get it right for the most part and there's plenty of talent at the combine every year. But the fact is, a lot of these kids require that closer inspection in this environment, and have earned it despite not getting it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    corner Zzyzx & Gypsy rds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Initially, I was intrigued by Mychal Rivera. However, the more I watched... he came across as a less talented Fasano.

I do like Kyler Reed, Ben Cotton (Also from Nebraska), Sims (Mich St), & Lutzenkirchen (Auburn) who may be more of an H-back.
    Its reassuring to know the world is crazier than you are. - Erik Selvig, Thor: The Dark World

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Amazed Anthony Amos, Latavius Murray and Zach Sudfeld are not on the list. Id have thought they were shoe-ins.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote