Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Barry Jackson: Dolphins agree to referendum for stadium tax dollars

1. -11
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    You do know Doogie that anyone can hit the "Post New Thread" button and create a new topic about news? Don't you? If you knew about this a couple of hours ago, why didn't you create the thread? I am sure you will say it was because you were driving home from playing golf so you were not available. Fine, but remember the next time you insult the other members of this message board with a backhanded comment that they also might be away from their computer for extended periods of times. You might have thought no one would call you out for that attempted slap in the face to the rest of the entire site, but it won't slip through the cracks with this Dolphins fan. You didn't post the thread after hearing about it a "couple of hours ago" and you didn't post it, so please save the insults.

As for the topic on hand, let's hope the locals make the right decision and pass this. Afterall they are not going to pay for it, it will be tourists. Be smart Florida.
    I hope Floridians are smart and realize they are paying for it. That while the money is gained from tourist sales, programs that are usually supported by said tourist sales are going to be $200 million thinner. So yes, Floridians are going to be paying for this thing, one way or another.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I hope Floridians are smart and realize they are paying for it. That while the money is gained from tourist sales, programs that are usually supported by said tourist sales are going to be $200 million thinner. So yes, Floridians are going to be paying for this thing, one way or another.
    Im just trying to figure out why nobody thinks anybody in florida ever travels to miami for weekend
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    If they raise hotel taxes then a good share will be paid by tourists. This would be great for the whole community because if Miami gets in the super bowl rotation that is a huge regular win fall.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    If they raise hotel taxes then a good share will be paid by tourists. This would be great for the whole community because if Miami gets in the super bowl rotation that is a huge regular win fall.
    there is winfall but no where near what the nfl calculates it to be. Many economists rate it about a fourth of what the nfl tries to account for. But ok u get back what u pay for stadium possibly in 10 years due to a couple of super bowls and thats a maybe then u are hit up again for more money so where comes the great gain. The great impact on the whole community is alot of mythology for most part. Also I wouldnt even count on two superbowls in ten years since the nfl has no figured out how to blackmail communities to get new stadiums.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    The town has to decide whether or not they want a dinosaur of a stadium.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Super bowl here we come
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    Thats assuming Miami gets into the regular rotation. Like any decent blackmailer, Goodell and company can change the terms whenever they wish, much like they already have. After all, this entire thing started with Goodell declaring Miami is out because some folks got rained on in '07. With the plethora of teams already pushing for new stadiums(Chargers, Vikings, Rams), teams that will have to shortly(Jags), and teams already making renovations(Panthers), your going to run out of Superbowls to regularly give out.

That just focuses on the practical and not the objections based on principle.

Florida is going to be paying off the Marlins stadium for another 36 years. As of last year, the Dolphins are $230 million in debt from their last set of renovations(assuming that hasnt been paid off, which i tend to doubt or else Ross wouldnt be pushing for public money this hard). Residents of south Florida have every right to be nervous about this deal. And people shouldnt be trying to sneak a fast one by them by suggesting "its not coming out of your pocket". It is, one way or another, it is.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    You do know Doogie that anyone can hit the "Post New Thread" button and create a new topic about news? Don't you? If you knew about this a couple of hours ago, why didn't you create the thread? I am sure you will say it was because you were driving home from playing golf so you were not available. Fine, but remember the next time you insult the other members of this message board with a backhanded comment that they also might be away from their computer for extended periods of times. You might have thought no one would call you out for that attempted slap in the face to the rest of the entire site, but it won't slip through the cracks with this Dolphins fan. You didn't post the thread after hearing about it a "couple of hours ago" and you didn't post it, so please save the insults.
    I don't mind being insulted. Fully expected it, in fact. When I'm in Las Vegas my friends and I trade insults every day. The difference is, there's a result at the end of the night. Often dozens of results. We can verify whose insult was warranted and whose was not. In vague cases like a stadium renovation, insults are meaningless, and frankly boring, because we'll see only one version. I'd like a new stadium. Others want the patchwork. Both won't happen.

You've got to concede, a two hour window around here without news like this prompting its own thread is highly unusual. I'd go so far as to label it bizarre. You can't be the only news poster because there's an award for it. So if I criticized anyone it was that block, the top five along with aspiring challengers.

Frankly, I don't like to start threads anymore because there's a feeling I have to hang around and respond. I don't like to hang around. I started an Ed Reed thread in the NFL Forum a week or two ago and I stuck around but virtually nobody replied.

To be fair, I just remembered the source of the referendum info. It was that Renshaw guy. What station is that, 560? He broke it just as I was leaving the parking lot of the course. That was just after it got dark, maybe 6:15. He said it was an exclusive so perhaps it didn't hit the wires for quite a while and none of the typical news posters had access to it.

You do a great job at what you do, BTW. Even if I don't agree with everything.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    That so called dinosaur of a stadium just hosted a BCS championship game. There is truly nothing wrong with sunlife stadium. Could it be improved yes but any stadium can be improved. Personally as a fan I dont have one issue with the stadium except the 25 dollar parking and the outrageous cost of tickets and concessions. I dont really go to football games much anymore because in reality I dont find the value in going. I find much greater value in a baseball game or basketball game. Went to a spurs game recently and the tickets were like 30 dollars for two. I went to dolphins game in az last year and it was quite cheaper than in miami so I was ok with price of ticket. I personally prefer watching all events on tv except hockey because u actually can see more of the game and its personally a better and more comfortable experience
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I wasnt aware that this town owned this stadium.
    Quote Quote