Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ireland: "We have a clear vision"

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am cautiously optimistic about this off season. We have more of a chance to improve then we have had in a long time.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jake Long gone is a bigger deal than people think. LT is not easily replaced as some think. This is the biggest dilemna as far as I am concerned. There are guys in later rounds but Martin at left tackle is not exactly a great idea as some think or just naturally have in the back of their minds. Yeatman is the x factor but no one knows....

So if you want a stud LT its either Fisher or Johnson.

but the "vision" he is talking about surely squares on who gets resigned. If Clemmons resigned, which they said they want him resigned, then Vaccaro less of a chance IMO at #1. There are others who can play the position as well who wont be asked to start.

Sean Smith is like.....not gonna happen. Dont know why people are confident otherwise. Probly cus they think we absolutely need to get a WR first round so it helps in that campaign.

There is one position that keep slipping into my brain at #1 aside from CB or DE and that is DT. Ireland's comments dont lend themselves to that happening but he has a board of 150 players and he follows that board value wise. Alot of these mocks are a bit overdone on sticking with the same guy. I just dont see how when its still early. Things will change and already have from senior bowl and now combine to verify speed, agility, ect.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    This team will make big strides this offseason with all the ammunition Ireland has. This is going to be one of the most exciting offseasons in recent Dolphins history. Go Dolphins!
    one can hope
    its almost feels like now or never with this team
    new logo change follows new winning team.it has happened quite a few times just as recent as the Seawhawks of last year
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Im with you Nubs. I cant wait to see the lack of remarks from the debbie downers when Ireland brings in a boatload of talent on offense.

Right now there are only 2 positions set in stone on offense IMHO. QB and Center. Every other spot is open to either guys currently on the roster or players that are brought in.
    I hope he does. Believe me, I want to be wrong on this. I just don't have a lot of faith in that happening.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im with you Nubs. I cant wait to see the lack of remarks from the debbie downers when Ireland brings in a boatload of talent on offense.

Right now there are only 2 positions set in stone on offense IMHO. QB and Center. Every other spot is open to either guys currently on the roster or players that are brought in.
    I will gladly and publically eat crow if Ireland turns this team into a contender.

But the fact that you didnt include Running back(Daniel Thomas) and Tight End(Michael Egnew) on your list of "set in stone" is telling.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

You're comfortable with up to 9 positions on offense being wide open? So many people on here (not saying you) preach consistency and stability, but the irony is we're basically going all in on one off season.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you let Jake walk, you can replace him in round 1, you can resign all your FA, and you can bring in a mike Wallace. then in other rounds of the draft you can address other needs. I think one of the bigger needs were going to address is a linebacker, Miami should look to replace dansby (high salary) and burnett (average, older) and Koa Misi(not a star). I think the team is willing to use Vernon as a DE or LB wherever hes needed and they do like josh kaddu (why not right?) but I don't see them putting all their eggs in these guys. manti teo could be someone we look at too..
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by footsteps_falco View Post
    If you let Jake walk, you can replace him in round 1, you can resign all your FA, and you can bring in a mike Wallace. then in other rounds of the draft you can address other needs. I think one of the bigger needs were going to address is a linebacker, Miami should look to replace dansby (high salary) and burnett (average, older) and Koa Misi(not a star). I think the team is willing to use Vernon as a DE or LB wherever hes needed and they do like josh kaddu (why not right?) but I don't see them putting all their eggs in these guys. manti teo could be someone we look at too..
    lol

"Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I hope he does. Believe me, I want to be wrong on this. I just don't have a lot of faith in that happening.
    I feel the same way. The funny thing is, I'm really impressed by Ireland in every facet of his job except player/talent evaluation! I think he's a good negotiator (remember Mueller giving up 2nd round picks like they were candy?), doesn't bite on iffy, fan-popular moves (Kyle Orton, anybody?), I have no problem with cutting loose Vontae and Marshall as not fitting with the new regime, I think he won't overpay for Long, Sean Smith or Bush, and he's done an absolutely awesome job of acquiring picks and cap space going into this offseason. I just wish he could hand them over to someone else to actually pick the players!

I mean, think about it:
    Assuming we let Long and Smith walk, that means his #1 pick (Long), his 1st rounder (Davis), 2nd rounder(S. Smith), 2nd rounder (Merling), 3rd rounder (Langford), 2nd rounder (Henne), 3rd rounder (Turner), and I'll assume his 3rd rounder Egnew, all will not have lasted past their rookie contracts. That's only rounds 1-3, and doesn't include ho-hum talent like Odrick, Misi, and D. Thomas. It's just really hard for me to be confident in a GM to find a top cb, when he just got rid of his previous 1st and 2nd round corner picks this year!

I almost feel bad for him, because I'm afraid he's going to screw up all the good work he's done getting the picks and cap space.
    Insert witty thought-provoking saying here.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by islandah View Post
    I feel the same way. The funny thing is, I'm really impressed by Ireland in every facet of his job except player/talent evaluation! I think he's a good negotiator (remember Mueller giving up 2nd round picks like they were candy?), doesn't bite on iffy, fan-popular moves (Kyle Orton, anybody?), I have no problem with cutting loose Vontae and Marshall as not fitting with the new regime, I think he won't overpay for Long, Sean Smith or Bush, and he's done an absolutely awesome job of acquiring picks and cap space going into this offseason. I just wish he could hand them over to someone else to actually pick the players!

I mean, think about it:
    Assuming we let Long and Smith walk, that means his #1 pick (Long), his 1st rounder (Davis), 2nd rounder(S. Smith), 2nd rounder (Merling), 3rd rounder (Langford), 2nd rounder (Henne), 3rd rounder (Turner), and I'll assume his 3rd rounder Egnew, all will not have lasted past their rookie contracts. That's only rounds 1-3, and doesn't include ho-hum talent like Odrick, Misi, and D. Thomas. It's just really hard for me to be confident in a GM to find a top cb, when he just got rid of his previous 1st and 2nd round corner picks this year!

I almost feel bad for him, because I'm afraid he's going to screw up all the good work he's done getting the picks and cap space.
    Supposedly the owner nixed the orton deal we will never know and he is the guy that gave up two seconds for Marshall and a huge contract in first place
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote