Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We are on the cusp of a potential golden era. Get the stadium upgrade done!

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, California
    Thanks / No Thanks

FIST PUMP TAG We are on the cusp of a potential golden era. Get the stadium upgrade done!

I've been very conflicted about the new stadium upgrade proposal. My politics deplore subsidizing a Multi-Billionare with public funds of any kind. (Esp since said Multi-Billionare is supposedly Ayn Randian in his politics.). That said, My inner wounded Dolphin Fan says screw it, pony up some tourist money and get this done. Seats finally closer to the field and a South Florida version of Seattle's canopy will finally give us our 12th man back. A real 12th man!!!!!! We haven't had one since the Orange Bowl. This along with a potentially momentous off season with loads of Salary cap space and 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and a Logo/Uni change sets us up for a rebirth of the franchise. I'm officially in favor of getting this Stadium upgrade done. It's will make a difference in turning the corner toward a winning future. Any one else ready to hold their nose at this deal because they know it's good for wins/losses?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He can take out a loan like the rest of us do...
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

We are on the cusp of a potential golden era. Get the stadium upgrade done!

That's an added benefit (the wins in losses). A renovated stadium and the Super Bowls and orange bowls and college football playoffs and Canes games and soccer tournaments and maybe even a MLS team (one can dream) etc that would ensue from this investment make it win/win for everyone IMO. But yea, a better home experience would absolutely do wonders for our attendance, crowd noise, defense during a goal line stand... I'm all for it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Rex's Last Stand

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    I have no problem with being taxed an extra buck or two at the hotels when I visit south florida. If it makes game day experience better , i'm all for it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah I'm for it. It will make the team better, not just the experience for the fans. We need more home field advantage and it sounds like this is one of their main goals. If people have to pay a little more for hotels so be it. People that have enough cash to fly down to Miami probably wont care much about a few more bucks for the hotel. People sadly are already prepared to get reemed by their hotel bill, so whats a few more bucks?
    I can tell you as a fan that lives away from Miami, I wouldn't fly down there to see a game at a a crappy half full stadium. If I'm gonna shell out the cash for all of that trip I want to be at a nice, full, and loud stadium. I doubt I am the only one that feels that way. **** even you all living in Miami dont wanna go and all you have to do is buy a ticket and drive a few minutes. I know a lot of it is because of the failing team, but I doubt the stadium inspires many.
    I always feel for the fans when watching home games. Everybody looks so hot, like "**** wheres the shade in this damn place? I'm tryin to get drunk without passing out!" If everybody is more comfy and closer to the field I think the interest level in the game skyrockets. Its hard to focus when your just trying to avoid heat stroke. Just MHO.
    Also i saw the pics today of the proposed stadium upgrades and it looks AMAZING!! Come one people you know that is a stadium you could be proud of!! Picture a HOME PLAYOFF GAME IN A RENOVATED STADIUM!! Now picture the first HOME GAME for the LA Dolphins. Cuz thats a possibility if things dont look up soon.
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    He can take out a loan like the rest of us do...
    Did Darth Vader take out a loan? No, he got the money from the tax payers, and a lot of those workers building the Death Star were independent contractors being paid off of government funds.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cheyenne, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maralieus View Post
    Did Darth Vader take out a loan? No, he got the money from the tax payers, and a lot of those workers building the Death Star were independent contractors being paid off of government funds.

Whoa whoa wait... Darth Vader actually did take out a loan for the construction of the Death Star. He told the bank it was for a sports bar.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The stadium will get upgraded and taxes will go up. Stadiums for billionaires, death and taxes are the certainties in life.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hate how everyone gets pissed at the owner. You all know how much Stephen Ross is shelfing out for this upgrade? Its nearly a quarter of his total wealth, you guys say oh well he's a billionaire he should pay for it. Most billionaires still wouldnt make this type of an investment, and I guarantee that nobody on this forum if they had that kinda money would pay for all the renovations of our stadium. In the end the people this benefits the most is the fans and the city. Don't you think all those people who own restaurants, hotels, or any business will reap the most benefits out of this? Yet they're all clamoring, ""Ahh Stephen Ross that greedy SOB!" Ok dude once we lose out on those superbowls and big games, you'll start losing millions and anyhow the residents wont be paying a dime. Also this gives fans at Dolphin games or Hurricane games a way better experience prior to renovations, yes Ross will make a little more money because of attendance but it isnt that significant football teams make most of their money from TV deals and merchandise sales. So really guys who does this benefit most? Not to mention the Dolphins give back so much to the community, and they help out other local sports team as well. What team offers up their stadium to be used by two other local sports teams such as the Canes and the Marlins. The Dolphins deserve this.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im pretty sure the Marlins and the Canes did not use the stadium for free and that the dolphins made money off of these ventures. Also a game at sunlife truly benefits few restauraunts that wouldnt have got business regardless. We had more money spent by tourists in a non superbowl year by far than any superbowl year so lets quit making these myths. Doesnt mean the superbowl doesnt help but it proves it doesnt have the impact the nfl implies
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote