Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: We are on the cusp of a potential golden era. Get the stadium upgrade done!

  1. -11
    Dr. Phin's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    6,873
    vCash:
    9453
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We aren't on the cusp of ****...except finally getting Ireland fired after he ****s up this offseason!
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    poppy's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2002
    Posts:
    740
    vCash:
    1434
    Loc:
    Bay Area, California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Phin View Post
    We aren't on the cusp of ****...except finally getting Ireland fired after he ****s up this offseason!
    Maybe. Let's hope not. Surely you'd prefer my vision over yours right? The fact that we are set up to make it happen is exciting. New Logo/Uni, Upgraded Stadium bringing the 12th man back to Miami after a 26 year absence, and a retooled roster with hope at the QB position. Oh great football gods, please make my vision triumph over cynical Dr. Phin's.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Dmarino110's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    1,830
    vCash:
    3963
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so sick of hearing we have no home field advantage because of the stadium...I had tickets when marino was there, the stadium was NEVER FULLY SOLD OUT...UCF's 45k stadium gets louder....

    The problem is the fans, flat out...

    I had people behind me that didnt want to stand up and cheer on 3rd down...

    I remember once the palm beach post had an article and it was titled Class vs crass and it was comparing jets fans and Pittsburgh fans when they came to joe robbie vs our own fans...guess what the jets fans can get pretty loud and they arent 18 feet closer to the field...



    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    poppy's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2002
    Posts:
    740
    vCash:
    1434
    Loc:
    Bay Area, California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmarino110 View Post
    so sick of hearing we have no home field advantage because of the stadium...I had tickets when marino was there, the stadium was NEVER FULLY SOLD OUT...UCF's 45k stadium gets louder....

    The problem is the fans, flat out...

    I had people behind me that didnt want to stand up and cheer on 3rd down...

    I remember once the palm beach post had an article and it was titled Class vs crass and it was comparing jets fans and Pittsburgh fans when they came to joe robbie vs our own fans...guess what the jets fans can get pretty loud and they arent 18 feet closer to the field...


    Then why was then Orange Bowl one of the great home field advantages of all time? The design of Joe Robbie has been a factor.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    kvado16's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2011
    Posts:
    1,040
    vCash:
    1420
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Im pretty sure the Marlins and the Canes did not use the stadium for free and that the dolphins made money off of these ventures. Also a game at sunlife truly benefits few restauraunts that wouldnt have got business regardless. We had more money spent by tourists in a non superbowl year by far than any superbowl year so lets quit making these myths. Doesnt mean the superbowl doesnt help but it proves it doesnt have the impact the nfl implies
    Um yea it does, Sun-Life holds what like 75,000 people or something like that right? About 85% of them are tourist seeing how the dolphins never make the superbowl in Miami much less. Anyhow, thats freaking at least 60,000 people more or less traveling to Miami to watch the big game, that means the hotels, the restaurants, the mall, any business you can possibly think of makes bank off of just one weekend. It's common sense that these superbowls stimulate the economy, not to mention the BCS games we get too.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,268
    vCash:
    29776
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    Um yea it does, Sun-Life holds what like 75,000 people or something like that right? About 85% of them are tourist seeing how the dolphins never make the superbowl in Miami much less. Anyhow, thats freaking at least 60,000 people more or less traveling to Miami to watch the big game, that means the hotels, the restaurants, the mall, any business you can possibly think of makes bank off of just one weekend. It's common sense that these superbowls stimulate the economy, not to mention the BCS games we get too.
    The nfl numbers are pure bunk esp when Miami pulled in more revenue by 10 percent in a non superbowl year than it did the year before with superbowl. That is a fact not some fantasy
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    kvado16's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2011
    Posts:
    1,040
    vCash:
    1420
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    The nfl numbers are pure bunk esp when Miami pulled in more revenue by 10 percent in a non superbowl year than it did the year before with superbowl. That is a fact not some fantasy
    That's a horrible basis to state your opinion on. Think about what you're saying, there is a number of factors that could've caused Miami to raise their revenue, and you're going to tell me that us not having one of the most attracted events of the year was even a factor behind that. Come on, common sense beats numbers a lot of times, this is one of those times.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,268
    vCash:
    29776
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    That's a horrible basis to state your opinion on. Think about what you're saying, there is a number of factors that could've caused Miami to raise their revenue, and you're going to tell me that us not having one of the most attracted events of the year was even a factor behind that. Come on, common sense beats numbers a lot of times, this is one of those times.
    Yes a super bowl brings in revenue but it really doesnt make or break the revenue we bring in. We had a record year that was 10 percent higher in revenue and 7 percent more visited without a big event like a superbowl. what Im saying is the Superbowl does not bring in 400 million in revenue as only the nfl claims its more like a 100 million. As for the BCS they found our stadium to be just fine and just played a national championship game there . If the dolphins want the state to pay for the stadium share some of the profits from the stadium use.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    kvado16's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2011
    Posts:
    1,040
    vCash:
    1420
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Yes a super bowl brings in revenue but it really doesnt make or break the revenue we bring in. We had a record year that was 10 percent higher in revenue and 7 percent more visited without a big event like a superbowl. what Im saying is the Superbowl does not bring in 400 million in revenue as only the nfl claims its more like a 100 million. As for the BCS they found our stadium to be just fine and just played a national championship game there . If the dolphins want the state to pay for the stadium share some of the profits from the stadium use.
    It's not like anyone proclaimed that if Miami doesn't get the superbowl, they'll fall into poverty. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know superbowls bring a lot of tourists and money to our city and hosting multiple ones could benefit the city up to a billion dollars. If you think that is minor I don't know what rich world you live in, truth is we've hosted a lot of superbowls already and we're using an outdated stadium that can be less that pleasant for the NFL fans who pay good money to watch the big game, not to mention our loyal fans who attend the games. We're competing against a brand new stadium in Santa Clara, and a renovated Reliant stadium sure South Florida is sunny and beautiful but that isn't the only factor behind us getting the Superbowl. And lastly the state isnt paying for our stadium, I think you meant the city and nope they're not paying for it either, it's those very same fans/tourist who are stimulating our economy who are paying for our stadium. What's the city's cut in all of this? Umm I know, how about the mass attraction of all those tourists who stimulate the economy for just one weekend. Bingo. Everybody wins, the fans, the city, the team. Yet everyone fails to see that.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,268
    vCash:
    29776
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    It's not like anyone proclaimed that if Miami doesn't get the superbowl, they'll fall into poverty. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know superbowls bring a lot of tourists and money to our city and hosting multiple ones could benefit the city up to a billion dollars. If you think that is minor I don't know what rich world you live in, truth is we've hosted a lot of superbowls already and we're using an outdated stadium that can be less that pleasant for the NFL fans who pay good money to watch the big game, not to mention our loyal fans who attend the games. We're competing against a brand new stadium in Santa Clara, and a renovated Reliant stadium sure South Florida is sunny and beautiful but that isn't the only factor behind us getting the Superbowl. And lastly the state isnt paying for our stadium, I think you meant the city and nope they're not paying for it either, it's those very same fans/tourist who are stimulating our economy who are paying for our stadium. What's the city's cut in all of this? Umm I know, how about the mass attraction of all those tourists who stimulate the economy for just one weekend. Bingo. Everybody wins, the fans, the city, the team. Yet everyone fails to see that.
    There are things that bring much more money to our local economy much more than the stadium and we are not just giving them welfare to fix venues they own. And it would take like 10 superbowls to net a billion dollars and by then we will be hit up for a billion dollars to fix stadium or build another. The NFL is using the superbowl to make communities pay for stadiums no city is going to be hosting as often as they have been.
    Noone fails to see this people just feel the state should not be paying for private companies buildings. Hell the land for the stadium was just given to them and the team gets tons of breaks and subsidies . The NFL needs to start paying its own way
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Stadium upgrade could bring MLS to Miami
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 01:20 PM
  2. Sydney Rice: Potential UFA and WR Upgrade
    By mnphinfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 04:22 PM
  3. MERGED: Dolphins unveil plan to upgrade stadium
    By Dolphins7273 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 05:48 PM
  4. Upgrade, Upgrade, Upgrade! Wildcard bound.
    By NYFINNER in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 11:08 AM
  5. Anaheim Reveals Plans For Potential New Stadium
    By painnotpleasure in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 01:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •