Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Vikings looking to trade Harvin

1. -31
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palmdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would trade our top 3rd round pick or our bottom 2nd round pick. I wouldnt give him a new contract unless he was performing up to par by the middle of the season. If he was performing I would give him a 5 year 45 mil contract with 22.5 guaranteed.
    I got $500 on the Dolphins to win the Superbowl.

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach8111 View Post
    they are trying to get something for him NOW because they cant afford to resign him after the season
    Guess you havent heard. http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/0...-percy-harvin/
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Everything in GB, says they don't have to learn to deal w/ these type of players. Why should MIA?

With chronic migranes and the fact we have no idea w/ the compensation would be. I would pass. Draft your depth and youth.
    I hear you. This is the nfl, eventually you have to take on somebody that isn't a model teammate/citizen, philbin seems like a guy who can deal or work with people if he needs to. Even if you try to draft guys that are good characters doesn't necessarily mean they will remain that way.

As far as drafting and building with youth, I like it but we have to remember who is on the hot seat, our gm. He don't have 2,3,4 years to build. He has to have results next year and I have a feeling he isn't going to be relying on 4 or 5 rookies to save his job next year. He needs playmakers and guys that get in the red zone, harvin is that in so many ways.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some people on here kill me. Just because we draft someone in the 2nd round such as Markus Wheaton or whoever doesnt mean he's going to be our game changer, when is the last time we drafted one those in the 2nd round or in any round? Our chances arent very good for us to draft a player more dynamic than harvin. you trade a 2nd round for Harvin in a heartbeat especially since we have two 2nd rounders and two third rounders.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palmdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
    If this were to be the case, then, yes...Wallace.

I kinda wonder, though. If Harvin wants 7, and Wallace wants 10...is that third round pick a decent equivalent?
    If you are talking over the course of 4 or 5 years you are talking about possibly 10 million less between the 2. I take Harvin and send them the 2nd or 3rd round pick. Most likely this regime will only pick mediocre to average talent anyways.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PHAZINPHINZPHAN View Post
    If you are talking over the course of 4 or 5 years you are talking about possibly 10 million less between the 2. I take Harvin and send them the 2nd or 3rd round pick. Most likely this regime will only pick mediocre to average talent anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by PHAZINPHINZPHAN View Post
    I would trade our top 3rd round pick or our bottom 2nd round pick. I wouldnt give him a new contract unless he was performing up to par by the middle of the season. If he was performing I would give him a 5 year 45 mil contract with 22.5 guaranteed.
    So you throw a late 2nd round pick, without giving a contract. And you think this regime has issues.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i would package two seconds for him. a proven elite player is way better than taking a chance on two unproven players. imo. living in minnesota i get to see every game he's palyed and he is an elite talent. obviously he would instantly upgrade the receiving core but dont forget he's one of the most dangerous kick returners in the game. trade for harvin, sign jennings and resign hartline. philbin could recreate the green bay offense in no time. jennings would fill his same role, hartline could be our poor mans jordy nelson and harvin would be an even better version of cobb. resign long, draft a stud tight end and lets roll!
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mialuv13 View Post
    Extremely versatile and explosive. Extremely injury prone. Doesn't hurt to look, but i wouldn't give up much for him.
    Extremely injury prone is extremely OVERBLOWN.

Harvin suffered a freak accident this season to put him on IR, and his migraines are no longer a concern.

I'd love to grab him and a FA still though. Harvin is going to want a new contract as well, thats the only reason he's been fighting with the coaches I believe.. It basically guarantees we'll go defense round 1 if we were to grab 2 receivers in free agency. Likely no Hartline either.

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Everything in GB, says they don't have to learn to deal w/ these type of players. Why should MIA?

With chronic migranes and the fact we have no idea w/ the compensation would be. I would pass. Draft your depth and youth.
    I think it's different for us though. GB had a ton of depth at the skill positions and won a super bowl a few years back. We don't have ANY playmakers at the WR position and haven't made the playoffs in years.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i would send two second round picks and not even think twice about it. a proven elite talent coming into his prime is way better than two unproven players. trade for harvin, sign jennings and resign hartline and philbin can recreate teh green bay offense. jennings fills his same roll, hartline can be our poor mans version of jordy nelson and harvin would be an even better version of cobb. draft a stud te or try to get finley if he's released. and lets roll
    Quote Quote