Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Report: Vikings looking to trade Harvin

1. -41
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palmdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    So you throw a late 2nd round pick, without giving a contract. And you think this regime has issues.
    Yes you wait to see if the player performs. Yes a 2nd round pick is steep. but if the player performs you are going to sign him to an 8 mill a year contract. If he falls flat or gets hurt you sign him for cheaper. If not you let him walk and you lose the 2nd or 3rd round pick but you still have the money for the following year instead of being hampered if the player doesnt pan out or ends up being subpar.
    I got $500 on the Dolphins to win the Superbowl.

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    I think it's different for us though. GB had a ton of depth at the skill positions and won a super bowl a few years back. We don't have ANY playmakers at the WR position and haven't made the playoffs in years.
    The philosophy has been there for years. Prior to the emergence of this current crop of WR in GB.

Certain franchises have for many years thought you draft to success. GB just happens to be one of those franchises. They also had a QB in waiting, to ease the transition and ability of the franchise to continue to stock pile depth. Which MIA, while has a decent amount of money. Will not, in my estimation, lead to a glut of money being thrown at one position in FA. Nor do you trade away picks, prior to the draft, to take a player who is playing his way out of, off of, his current team.

Nothing since Philbins arrival points to these types of players working in MIA. I hope it stays that way. It just takes one head case to destroy a locker room. Give me a dozen Drivers, Jennings and/or Nelsons, over a dozen Harvins.

But meh, all this speculation here for certain peoples pet projects. Will never come to reality. This is the NFL with a hard cap. The over spending now, will lead to problems down the road.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Everything in GB, says they don't have to learn to deal w/ these type of players. Why should MIA?

With chronic migranes and the fact we have no idea w/ the compensation would be. I would pass. Draft your depth and youth.
    Draft our youth? when's the last time we drafted someone as talented as Harvin and what makes you think we will now? I think some of yall like the idea of building through the draft but have failed to realize that sometimes you gotta bring in some proven talent. Did the Ravens draft Boldin or Jacoby Jones? Nope and they were huge this post season
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anyone not taking Hardin for a second is crazy.. Young, explosive, versatile... What more could you ask for.. Spend the money and surround Tannehill with weapons, not players
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Dolphins HAD one of the best wide receivers in all of football on roster and they traded him away for two 3rd round picks because he was a headcase.

If they were to trade for Percy Harvin it would be an admission that was the wrong move. I don't see them doing that. I see them sticking to their guns and saying players that are significant headaches do not belong on this roster regardless of talent.

And don't sit here and try and convince me that Percy Harvin is not a headache, or not as bad as Brandon Marshall. There are all kinds of stories about him from Florida and Minnesota, it's clear he's a very troubled person. He once choked his wide receivers coach at Florida and it was hushed up. He also failed drug tests. He quit during a conditioning drill at Florida and was never punished. He got into all kinds of battles with Brad Childress and even hurled a weight slab at Childress in the weight room, all because Childress questioned whether his ankle was bothering him more than he let on and insisted he get an MRI done on it. Leslie Frazier is supposed to be a player's coach and is supposed to get along with Percy Harvin, but then Percy is seen on national television jawing at Frazier during a game, and then later in the season got into another heated exchange with Frazier in front of all the other players and staff members. And this was after he got upset about something or other in Percy World and decided he's going to request a trade.

He's had problems with EVERY coaching staff he's played under since high school. I'm not going to tell people whether the Dolphins should grab a talented but troubled player. Some teams have done it and gotten away with it. Other teams haven't./

But I am going to sit here and say that anyone that justifies the Brandon Marshall trade on the basis of Brandon's being a headache player, and then turns around and espouses the merits of trading for Percy Harvin...are making hypocrites of themselves.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceGalactic Empire medal
    I don't know the whole story but I highly doubt brandon was begging to stay, he probably told dolphins he wanted out. He clearly wanted no part of our qb situation. He was in that altercation at a club days before he was traded also. Either way he is and was a nut job. I would really hate to see harvin slip into bellichiks hands.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    The Dolphins HAD one of the best wide receivers in all of football on roster and they traded him away for two 3rd round picks because he was a headcase.

If they were to trade for Percy Harvin it would be an admission that was the wrong move. I don't see them doing that. I see them sticking to their guns and saying players that are significant headaches do not belong on this roster regardless of talent.

And don't sit here and try and convince me that Percy Harvin is not a headache, or not as bad as Brandon Marshall. There are all kinds of stories about him from Florida and Minnesota, it's clear he's a very troubled person. He once choked his wide receivers coach at Florida and it was hushed up. He also failed drug tests. He quit during a conditioning drill at Florida and was never punished. He got into all kinds of battles with Brad Childress and even hurled a weight slab at Childress in the weight room, all because Childress questioned whether his ankle was bothering him more than he let on and insisted he get an MRI done on it. Leslie Frazier is supposed to be a player's coach and is supposed to get along with Percy Harvin, but then Percy is seen on national television jawing at Frazier during a game, and then later in the season got into another heated exchange with Frazier in front of all the other players and staff members. And this was after he got upset about something or other in Percy World and decided he's going to request a trade.

He's had problems with EVERY coaching staff he's played under since high school. I'm not going to tell people whether the Dolphins should grab a talented but troubled player. Some teams have done it and gotten away with it. Other teams haven't./

But I am going to sit here and say that anyone that justifies the Brandon Marshall trade on the basis of Brandon's being a headache player, and then turns around and espouses the merits of trading for Percy Harvin...are making hypocrites of themselves.
    I agree with. Im just tired of people saying that we need to build through the draft, we have to add some proven talent. I hope we sign Jennings, I dont think he will demand as much money as Bowe or Wallace. And Jennings is a high character guy, love that about him. I would to sign Jennings and maybe go after a TE whether it's Jared Cook, Keller, or Finley. We tried to draft a TE last year and it didnt work out (Egnew). In recent years we havent drafted any playmakers, not even in recent years, more like the last decade or more. The Ravens didnt draft Jacoby Jones or Boldin and they were key in the post season for the Ravens
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake the great View Post
    I agree with. Im just tired of people saying that we need to build through the draft, we have to add some proven talent. I hope we sign Jennings, I dont think he will demand as much money as Bowe or Wallace. And Jennings is a high character guy, love that about him. I would to sign Jennings and maybe go after a TE whether it's Jared Cook, Keller, or Finley. We tried to draft a TE last year and it didnt work out (Egnew). In recent years we havent drafted any playmakers, not even in recent years, more like the last decade or more. The Ravens didnt draft Jacoby Jones or Boldin and they were key in the post season for the Ravens
    I hear where you're coming from. I just don't think Percy is going to become a Dolphin.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't doubt that the Dolphins are looking to trade for somebody; I do think they'll make some sort of trade this offseason because they have the draft picks to do it. Will it be a receiver? Maybe, but I don't imagine it'll be Percy Harvin. Brandon Marshall is a diva who was traded because he is not a good locker room guy. Well guess what? Thats exactly what Harvin is. Percy does not fit the bill in terms of what Joe Philbin is searching for character wise, so I can't imagine this trade will happen.

There is another reason why this is news. There was a report on nfl.com a few days back that the Vikings were interested in Greg Jennings, and this story will do nothing to calm that interest. The fins priority should remain Jennings ... but Harvin leaving Minnesota means that could be one more team in play for Jennings when free agency kicks off. The Dolphins could do without a bidding war breaking out.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Waterboy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do these stats add up to $7-10 million/yr.?

Year

Team

Rec

Yds

Avg

Lng

TD

Att

Yds

Avg

Vikings

Quote Quote