Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Hartline seeks L.Robinson's 5yr 32.5mil

1. -51
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphanB View Post
    This is not a bad FA price. Hartline is a very productive receiver and a favorite of Tannehill.
    it dosent matter if he is Tannys Favorite WR , 6 mil is a little steep , imo Jennings will be asking for around 7-8 mil and for around 2 mil more i would rather have a TD machine in Jennings , so imo i would sign Wallace for around 9-10 mil and grab Jennings for a couple more mil ,and then Draft a WR in the first 3 rounds ,we will be set at WR for a good while and Jennings and Wallace can help learn our young guys to learn the system. so if hartline wants Jennings money , we need to ask ourselves , who would we rather have , Jennings or hartline ?

Quote Quote  

2. -52
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdandinches View Post
    That doesn't mean over pay guys equals success. Over paying gets you the NYJest situation, over paid under performing players.
    Signing Jennings or Wallace and drafting a receiver makes Hartline a 3rd or fourth option and that's silly to pay a man 6+mil a year for. Get Swope in to keep continuity around RT.
    Hartline is in his mid-20's and is a productive receiver. His contract will not get you into issues because he will be able to play out most of it. I guess you are more reckless then I am when it comes to RT's development.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Hartline is in his mid-20's and is a productive receiver. His contract will not get you into issues because he will be able to play out most of it. I guess you are more reckless then I am when it comes to RT's development.
    Where on earth do you get reckless = not re-signing BH??? Now that's funny.

If not re-signing BH stunts the development of RT than he was never the QB we all hoped he was. Keeping the same OC and HC has the biggest impact on rookie/young developing QB's. Adding Jennings, Cook and a draft pick will bring his development along fine in other words surround him with talent. Using BH money to sign A.Levitre and moving R.Incognito to RG further helps RT and his development. Wasting 6.5 mil on a guy that will get 700yards and a maximum of 2/3 td's does what? Nothing more than what a rookie can do.

Don't get me wrong here, I'd love to re-sign BH. I think he's talented and plays well for what he is but that does not mean bring him back at twice what his production is worth. That's just a quick way to becoming the NYJest.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    not resigning hartline off his one and only season with tannehill is not what i'd consider wreckless considering hartline doesn't offer much rac or red zone win ability...of course miami is gonna have to find a solid replacement and hopefully upgrade at wr in free agency should hartline not return...

i'm thinking hartline will be a fallback option in case some things fall thru in free agency...

but wreckless off one season with what hartline brings to the table is a bit of a stretch
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    why the hell do people honestly even consider bringing him back for anything more than 3 million a year? he is allergic to the end zone. He hasn't scored more than one touchdown in a season since his rookie year when Pennington was QB. Yeah lets give him 6 million a year, a million for every touchdown he has scored in his career. The fact that he scored 1 touchdown on 72 catches is downright pathetic. And I don't care if he had 1000 yards. If you have 70 catches and don't get atleast 900 yards you are a complete scrub. The only "Chemistry" Tannheill had with Hartline is that he was the only WR on our roster that belonged in the NFL. ( I love bess in the slot but with his 4.7 40 he simply cannot play on the outside). Anyone, off the top of your head name a receiever who has had over 70 catches and 1000 yards and scored only 1 touchdown... And if anyone remembers, his one touchdown this year came on a blown coverage and he almost got hawked at the 1 yard line.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like B-Hart but as others stated, for that money we could sign jennings and put up a few more mil for speed
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Laurent Robinson gets that much??? Hahaha.. He's garbage.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

8. -58
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Hartline seeks L.Robinson's 5yr 32.5mil

Quote Originally Posted by bcsupratt View Post
    I like B-Hart but as others stated, for that money we could sign jennings and put up a few more mil for speed
    You cant sign Jennings for the price of Hartline.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I think a lot of dolphin fans are selling Hartline short. Yes he needs to score for TDs but last season he played against the other teams top CB and still caught 74 Receptions for over 1K yards, averaging over 14.5 YPC. For his career he has averaged 15 YPC. He runs great routes and has great hands he's also extremely quarterback friendly. He's still just 26 years old with his best years in front of him. As others have pointed out already in today's market his not asking us to break the bank. It's my hope that the team and he come to an agreement and he retires a Dolphin.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LandShark13 View Post
    I think a lot of dolphin fans are selling Hartline short. Yes he needs to score for TDs but last season he played against the other teams top CB and still caught 74 Receptions for over 1K yards, averaging over 14.5 YPC. For his career he has averaged 15 YPC. He runs great routes and has great hands he's also extremely quarterback friendly. He's still just 26 years old with his best years in front of him. As others have pointed out already in today's market his not asking us to break the bank. It's my hope that the team and he come to an agreement and he retires a Dolphin.
    So what's the excuse when B.Marshall was here?
    Quote Quote