Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Offseason mock with draft. Realistic?

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Offseason mock with draft. Realistic?

The people who have us taking Keenan Allen or Patterson in the first round are living in dream land.

I see the Dolphins bringing back Starks (and possibly trading away Odrick). Money that could go toward Fasano will go towards an upgrade either Keller, Cook, or Finely), Smith Long and Bush will also be done. Clemons will return to build his relationship with Jones. Hartline will also be back after he tests the market and realized that 1 TD a season doesn't buy you a $6.5 million dollar contract.

We have the 3rd (?) highest salary cap space and I most of our FA's won't return...Allowing us to make 2 or 3 splashes.
    Our free agency will revolve around Greg Jennings, Keenan Lewis or Brent Grimes, and any of the above mentioned TE's.

Contracts:
    Starks 4 years, 26 Million (6.5)
    Clemons 4 years 10 Million (2.5)
    Jennings 4 years 34 Million (8.5)
    Keenan Lewis 4 years 32 Million (7.5)
    FA TE: 4 years $16-20 million (4-5)
    Hartline: 3 years $15 million

Total= $35 million used. $12 million estimated cap remaining. $7 million for draft picks. 5 million remaining.

I predict that Ireland will make another trade (or trade down) and continue to stockpile picks and add another 2nd.

12. Jonathan Banks
    2A. Tyler Eifert
    2B. Murgus Hunt (EDIT) *Jared Odrick and a 7th round pick traded for a 2nd round pick to the Steelers, Giants, Bengals, or Vikings who could use a DE/DT*
    2C. Dallace Thomas TENNESEE
    3A. Stedmen Bailey
    3B. Tank Carredine
    4. Ryan Swope
    5. Would Lattimore be here in the 5th?

WR: Jennings,Hartline, Bess, Bailey and Swope (DIRTY!)
    TE: Cook, Finley or Keller with Eifert, Clay and Egnew
    OL: Martin, Incognito, Pouncey, Jerry, and Thomas
    Last edited by Phins89; 02-12-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Very interesting draft. I think Banks has a very good chance of being our guy at #12. But if Smith leaves (likely), Miami needs to find two corners. I doubt that Eifert makes it to R2, but that would be a great pick for this offense. I love Hunter's upside. He just needs to stay healthy. Carradine could be a steal in R3. I really like the draft. I do hope the Dolphins keep Long, though. In this scenario, the offensive line looks like a weakness. On the flipside, though, the wide receiver unit and adding Eifert would really give the offense some nice playmakers.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    Very interesting draft. I think Banks has a very good chance of being our guy at #12. But if Smith leaves (likely), Miami needs to find two corners. I doubt that Eifert makes it to R2, but that would be a great pick for this offense. I love Hunter's upside. He just needs to stay healthy. Carradine could be a steal in R3. I really like the draft. I do hope the Dolphins keep Long, though. In this scenario, the offensive line looks like a weakness. On the flipside, though, the wide receiver unit and adding Eifert would really give the offense some nice playmakers.
    Hunter needs to be more consistent catching the ball. I do not agree that Patterson will not fall to us. I think even if he is the workout warrior I think he is going to be, the would be team builders will have concerns about his inexperience. All the better for us, because I have no reservations. The only problem is that I think Ireland is to stupid to see his talent. I see some of Percy Harvin in him w/o the injuries.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Offseason mock with draft. Realistic?

This would actually be great though I am not sure we could get that much for Odrick. I think we could trade back in round one and pick up that second though. I would love to get Banks, Rhodes, or Trufant at about 20 with an additional second or third. Good mix of players though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be surprised if Odrick was traded. With the free agents who are soon to be leaving, there's already enough holes. Why create another?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    DieHard FinFan 4 Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bear, DE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You put a lot of thought into it, I think you did a great job. I'm on the same page with drafting Lattimore in the fifth round. But I think drafting three WRs this offseason would be a bit much. So far, I like Rishard Matthews, he showed promise and I hope they continue to give him opportunities this year to develop. Plus the team is looking to re-sign Hartline to be our #2.

One thing I would like to see in your draft is an OLB who can cover TEs. Koa Misi is a 2 down OLB, a liability in pass coverage, and the rest of the NFL knows it. We could find one in the fourth round or later.

Other than that, it's a pretty good draft.
    2014 Miami Dolphins Draft Class

1. OT: Ja'wuan James -Tennessee
    2. WR: Jarvis Landry -LSU
    3. OT: Billy Turner-North Dakota State
    4. DB: Walt Aikens-Liberty
    5. TE: Authur Lynch - Georgia
    5. LB: Jordan Tripp - Montana
    6. WR: Matt Hazel-Coastal Carolina
    7. DE: Terrance Fede- Marist
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Probably not very realistic, but I like the player combos, and I'd rather bring in K. Lewis than resign S. Smith - assuming the money is the same.
    Quote Quote