byrd is gonna get tagged or resign long term...he's going nowhere...playmakers at free safety in their prime do not hit the market
i'm thinking with the giants making all those cuts philips will stay but it probably depends on how he feels about his market...
i may be mistaken alson but i think delmas plays strong safety in detroit...again though that kid is hurt 24/7
hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
Whether Jairus Byrd hits the market or not I don't think I would sign him. He's a play maker but he's also a liability in some ways. I think you'd have to change around your defense to get around his weaknesses.
I have a number of thoughts on this.
1. Really appreciate the detailed work particularly in coming up with appropriate valuation comparisons
2. Though I think you've got the Dustin Keller estimate correct, I would stay out of the market for him
3. Signing that clearly stands out most as far as being confusing, is $5.5 mil/yr for Geoff Schwartz, as he won't command near that much
4. I don't think Dimitri Patterson will play ball on a pay cut
5. There's talk in Jacksonville of placing the franchise tag on Derek Cox if they can't come to an agreement prior to March 9th
6. I personally see no reason to give Nate Garner $1.5 million a year, especially in this offense
7. Obviously I'm going to love the Mike Goodson signing, which I see you've picked up on
8. Glenn Dorsey replacing Starks would be intriguing
9. You've got a lot of my players in that draft (Patterson, Carridine, Nixon, Kelce, Kruger) so obviously I'm going to love that too
10. Very complete plan. Covers most bases. Three bases left uncovered: Kicker, Pass Rush (until Tank gets healthy), Backup Linebacker
thanks for getting me straight on the detroit safety situation...i forgot about spivey...another guy that can't stay healthy
Hoping on Kaddu at backup LB'er but need one more pick honestly.
When you say your players, are you meaning guys in draft you like? I try to do my own legwork, so it's interesting if you like similar guys. I've been a Tank fan for a long time now and Kelce is underrated.
Goodson was basically a cheap guy at the position to save a pick. Liked him a lot in Carolina. Didn't play as well with Oakland I thought.
As for Schwartz, he's a versatile guy who can play G and RT. If we got him cheaper I'd be stoked. G market was all over map, so I tried to find a comparable and that was sort of where he fell.
I like several TE's so if we went a different direction there, I'd be fine with it. Even re-signing Fasano for reasonable would be fine if we got Kelce.
I think this is a gutsy offseason and I applaud you for that. I love Patterson as the #1 pick. Combining him with Wallace and Miami has two playmakers. Carradine, because of his injury, should be there I would think at #2 and Cyprien is a young safety on the rise. Another player I really like. This scenario does leave the offensive line as a weak spot IMO and Tannehill would have to count on almost an entirely new group of receivers. I'd like to see Miami keep Long, Hartline and Starks.
The fact Carradine tore his ACL is the only reason he might be there at our pick. Even money he goes before 42.
Vernon fills the pass rusher role while Carradine is out. There are some raw kids I like late who could be the guy instead of Daxston. Situational pass rush types.
Lots of scenario's I kicked around and all of them end up needing another pick or two. Wish we could have gotten that 6th in theDavis deal.
Ireland has traded down in every draft thus far, I expect him to do it again this year. That will help address backup LB and hopefully another pass rusher.