Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Williams 2002

1. -11
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Holy crap - that was a decade ago???

I'm getting old.

Seriously. It's crazy. Certainly doesn't seem that long ago. And yes, you and I are getting old.

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    dolphin fans should hate him(or at least not love him) since he QUIT on his team and the fans in 2004.
    OR maybe Ricky Williams had a right to hate DW for trying to ride him into the ground. And maybe person with an anxiety disorder has issues that are not simply resolved. You apparently have no CLUE what a social anxiety disorder can do to a person. I am in the US Army. I don not have a social anxiety disorder. But I have had issues with anxiety. It CAN be VERY debilitating. You are judging RW too harshly because you likely have no clue what he dealt with. It's either a lack of give a **** or a lack of knowledge. He did not really quit on the Dolphins. He quit to try to get better. When he got better, he came back. AND HE PLAYED HARD BEHIND SOMEONE WHO COULD NOT CARRY HIS JOCK. He did so humbly. Because that is the kind of person he is. So before you talk about someone quitting - how about getting all of your facts straight..
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCall13 View Post
    OR maybe Ricky Williams had a right to hate DW for trying to ride him into the ground. And maybe person with an anxiety disorder has issues that are not simply resolved. You apparently have no CLUE what a social anxiety disorder can do to a person. I am in the US Army. I don not have a social anxiety disorder. But I have had issues with anxiety. It CAN be VERY debilitating. You are judging RW too harshly because you likely have no clue what he dealt with. It's either a lack of give a **** or a lack of knowledge. He did not really quit on the Dolphins. He quit to try to get better. When he got better, he came back. AND HE PLAYED HARD BEHIND SOMEONE WHO COULD NOT CARRY HIS JOCK. He did so humbly. Because that is the kind of person he is. So before you talk about someone quitting - how about getting all of your facts straight..
    Stop it, what RB doesn't want the ball? that says more about Ricky than the coaching staff. Miami paid a hefty price(overpiad) for Rickjy so of course they were going to ride him.

He can hide behind a medical condition all he wants, the fact is he quit on his team then let them down again getting suspended b/c he couldn't stay off drugs. I get you like him and will defend him but this is not a good guy no matter how many excuses you make.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My favorite play of Ricky Williams was in a game against KC. He broke free along the sideline and as the tackler closed on him, Ricky picked him up by the neck and threw him aside. Just awesome display of speed, power and strength.
    I loved watching him and was sorry to see him go.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Stop it, what RB doesn't want the ball? that says more about Ricky than the coaching staff. Miami paid a hefty price(overpiad) for Rickjy so of course they were going to ride him.

He can hide behind a medical condition all he wants, the fact is he quit on his team then let them down again getting suspended b/c he couldn't stay off drugs. I get you like him and will defend him but this is not a good guy no matter how many excuses you make.
    Ricky rode the Jets defense for years. They relaxed and enjoyed the pounding.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Ricky rode the Jets defense for years. They relaxed and enjoyed the pounding.
    He had some good games against us, ge should be a HOF player but he's not going in b/c he didn't play up to his abilities often enough.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I cannot say I wasn't very disappointed when he retired in 04, but after 35+ carries a game in the National Football League I would smoke a lot of pot too. DW ruined what could have been the best back in the 2000's. Had HOF type skill
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    I cannot say I wasn't very disappointed when he retired in 04, but after 35+ carries a game in the National Football League I would smoke a lot of pot too. DW ruined what could have been the best back in the 2000's. Had HOF type skill
    wannstedt ruined him by giving him a chance to become a great back in this league. Ricky was nothing in NO, he became a great back(briefly for just 1 year in 2002) in Miami. Ricky averaged 24.2 carries a game in 2002 and 2003, AP after a terrible knee injury averaged just under 22 this year- did he complain? Arian Foster had about 22 this year- did he complain? In Curtis martin's first 2 years w/ us he averaged just undre 24 carries/game- did he complain? what great RB compalins about getting the ball? especially when his greatest year by far was under that particular coach.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What an absolute beast he was that year.

On the other hand, what a disappointing year that was. I remember thinking we were headed for a huge year after that awesome game in Denver and then Ray Lucas stunk up the joint for a handful of games after Fiedler got hurt in that win.
    Quote Quote