Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Williams 2002

1. -41
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Ricky Williams might be my favorite athlete of all time. As a Dolphin fan, it did suck that he quit when he did, but I don't believe for one second he owed it to anyone to play another down if that's not what he wanted to do. If Marlon Moore decides to retire a week before training-camp starts because he's lost love for the game, none of you would vilify him; you'd wish him the best and forget he ever existed. That's because Marlon's a marginal player, & it would only be your selfish desire to see your favorite sports team do well that fueled any animosity towards Ricky.

Most of you probably wouldn't consider him a role-model that you'd want your kids looking up to, but personally I really admired his story, & I'll quote a line from Doug Stanhope regarding his status as a role-model;

"But Ricky Williams, that's a guy that who realized, 'I don't need ****, I'd rather enjoy my life', & people didn't get it, people were pissed off. Ricky Williams is a football player, if you don't know. Early in his career, he had hall of fame numbers if he stayed in the game, & they tried to wag a finger at him because he failed a few piss-tests for smoking pot, & he said '**** you, I quit', & people didn't get that that's great! That's a role-model for children in sports! It's like, 'I don't really need ****, I'm not happy. I'm not just doing this because you envy my position'. How much money do you need before you want to enjoy you're life? How much do you need? 'Well **** if he's makin' that much he's gotta be ****in' stupid to give it up'; stop, this comes from the same people who say they'd quit their job in a second if they ever won the lottery. Well this guy won the equivalent of 10 lotteries, 'I'd rather enjoy my life, I'd rather be high' - that's what he said, & that's beautiful!

"Well he let the fans down", **** the fans, can we say that one time? What rights do the fans have for drinking over-priced beer & yelling at the t.v? The fans are douche-bags and they'd turn on you in a second as soon as he blew-out a knee when he's 30 years old; those fans would ****ing boo him".

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintastic17 View Post
    Nostalgia right here, still get hype watching these clips, I freakin miss those days! .... It's Miller Time!
    I'm not sure what there really is to be nostalgic about from the early 2000s.

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albion NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont blame ricky for quitting..if Wanny coulda ever got his tounge out of Fiedlers a$$ and got us a real qb we woulda won it all.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks for the videos. Brought back memories of one of my all time favorite players. In his prime, Ricky was the perfect rb. Too bad his prime was so short. Thanks Wanny
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    dolphin fans should hate him(or at least not love him) since he QUIT on his team and the fans in 2004.
    He broke my god damn heart when I heard about that. My dad was the one that told me about it when I went over to my parents house to pick my sis up. I had no idea (wasn't on FH back then).

He was my favorite player so it was extra ****ed up.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Awesome season! Love the one-handed catch by Gadsen too!
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfinzfan View Post
    my God I loved that crazy beast!

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

if Jay Fiedler could hit a bull in the ass with a snow shovel we'd have won it all...F U Fiedler, F U Wanny.
    Your Fiedler/snow shovel comment has me in tears - such a wacked-out, great statement!
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfinzfan View Post
    I dont blame ricky for quitting..if Wanny coulda ever got his tounge out of Fiedlers a$$ and got us a real qb we woulda won it all.
    The silver lining to RWs quitting (if that's possible) is I do believe it shortened Wanny's reign by 1 year. Ricky plays in 2004 we are competitive and Wanny sticks around. Perhaps it was the ultimate sacarifice for the team - reaching, I know...
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmtlps View Post
    I vividly remember watching the Jet game in Video 1 and watching that Orande Gadson catch still blows my mind
    As do i, particularly great memory for me since it was my first game in miami, flew down for it, had an incredible time. as time has gone by i've forgiven the man for letting us down.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by royalshank View Post
    The silver lining to RWs quitting (if that's possible) is I do believe it shortened Wanny's reign by 1 year. Ricky plays in 2004 we are competitive and Wanny sticks around. Perhaps it was the ultimate sacarifice for the team - reaching, I know...
    If Saban actually stayed it would have worked out.
    Quote Quote