Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who drinks coffee here

1. -1
    DRAGONBORN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hallandale, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Who drinks coffee here

I got an email this morning from my finance director that some of my employees down on the first floor are clamoring for a new coffee maker for their office. They want one of those keurig vue machines or something like that. I can respect that they've used the proper channels of command to get their concern to me but I'm not so sure this is a great idea. I'm not a coffee drinker myself but my kids do love those green tea frappuccino from Starbucks. Our house sitter takes my kids by there every morning before school. Anyhoo, I'm convinced that coffee is primarily for the weak, unmotivated and slow producing people of the world. I bet if we broke this down on political income grounds we would discover that more liberals and poor folks drink coffee than the rich conservative crowd.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    I got an email this morning from my finance director that some of my employees down on the first floor are clamoring for a new coffee maker for their office. They want one of those keurig vue machines or something like that. I can respect that they've used the proper channels of command to get their concern to me but I'm not so sure this is a great idea. I'm not a coffee drinker myself but my kids do love those green tea frappuccino from Starbucks. Our house sitter takes my kids by there every morning before school. Anyhoo, I'm convinced that coffee is primarily for the weak, unmotivated and slow producing people of the world. I bet if we broke this down on political income grounds we would discover that more liberals and poor folks drink coffee than the rich conservative crowd.
    I would agree with this. Many of my less motivated friends always seem surprised when they never see me drinking coffee, especially if we meet for an early morning breakfast. I never understood the want for it. It doesnt taste very good and i am fully functional without it. I suppose some people are dependant on it in order to be somewhat useful that day. I always found that the thrill of large monetary rewards for my working hard that day to be motivation enough, but to each their own i guess.

But it is true that it seems that my more left leaning aquaintances do spend more time drinking coffee than being a productive member of society. Maybe thats why i see so many students, hipsters and members of academia drinking it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Coffee is for the weak. Real men drink the Dew.

2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you don't like coffee or tea, Mountain Dew has a new breakfast drink that might perk you up.

PepsiCo Inc. is rolling out a new drink called Kickstart this month that has Mountain Dew flavor but is made with 5 percent juice and Vitamins B and C, along with an extra jolt of caffeine.
    The company, based in Purchase, N.Y., is hoping to boost sales by reaching Mountain Dew fans at a new time of day: morning.
    PepsiCo said it doesn't consider Kickstart to be an energy drink, noting that it still has far less caffeine than drinks like Monster and Red Bull and none of the mysterious ingredients that have raised concerns among lawmakers and consumer advocates.
    But Kickstart, which comes in flavors such as "energizing orange citrus" and "energizing fruit punch," could nevertheless give the company a side-door into the fast-growing energy drink market without getting tangled in any of its controversies. The drink comes in the same 16-ounce cans as popular energy drinks made by Monster Beverage Corp., which also offers options with juice content. And the TV ad features young men skateboarding, reminiscent of the marketing themes used by energy drink makers

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/mountain-dew-introduces-breakfast-drink-18463285
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    technically speaking, coffee is for closers...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Then maybe it's a wise investment. Keep them productive and it's a lot cheaper than raises, but likely just as motivating. Pizza parties and Casual Fridays have the same affect.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Who drinks coffee here

Well, call me the exception then. I am pretty darned conservative, make a good living well above average, and drink the crap out of coffee. I have loved it since I was a kid and want to retire to own a coffee plantation. I don't really drink soda or specialty drinks, mostly just stick to good coffee and water.

I think what gives you the impression that it is a liberal loser crutch is the social revolution that Starbucks brought about where coffee with a bunch of fru fru crap in it is cool to drink while sitting there looking mysterious and angsty. Starbucks is the Outback Steakhouse of coffee...it is decent and enjoyable while you are there but is not a premium product by a long shot. It is all about the ambiance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinSince1971

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Who drinks coffee here

Are you guys crazy. Coffee is popular across all socioeconomic circles. My take on it is, if you can't drink it black, just put it down.
    Tough minded men and women have a developed taste for coffee straight up. No frapa crapa mocha latte b.s. You walk in pour your size.
    Stick a lid on it. Pay and walk out.
    Toughen up.

From HTC 1 X
    founded 1971
    Quote Quote