Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time for the Fins to use "The Pistol"

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No thanks, i want Tannehill upright as often as possible. If we play read-option they can pancake him because he is a viable runner.

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Time for the Fins to use "The Pistol"

Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    No thanks.
    This.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Yeap. These Pistol offenses are all the rage early on but are short-lived.

People love RGIII now but soon won't be able to understand why he's not as successful as his rookie season going forward.
    Rg3's issue is that he gets too brave. Kaepernick is built well and knows how to slide and when to get down. The 49ers will be contending for years to come, running the pistol all the way.

That said, Tannehill is not Kaepernick. I like Tannehill's passing ability more than Kap's, Kaep is the better athlete. Kaep has way more talent around him, but if i had to choose between the 2 i'm not sure i still wouldn't go with Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    Rg3's issue is that he gets too brave. Kaepernick is built well and knows how to slide and when to get down. The 49ers will be contending for years to come, running the pistol all the way.

That said, Tannehill is not Kaepernick. I like Tannehill's passing ability more than Kap's, Kaep is the better athlete. Kaep has way more talent around him, but if i had to choose between the 2 i'm not sure i still wouldn't go with Tannehill.
    Kaepernick will not be nearly as successful next season, mark my words. You can't trick NFL level D coordinators for too long.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Ray Finkle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks

Time for the Fins to use "The Pistol"

Quote Originally Posted by MiZFiT View Post
    Again, who won the Superbowl. A dropback quarterback. These pistol offenses and athletic QBs win games but they dont win championships.
    That's a little too soon, isn't it?
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys realize that the Pistol is a formation and not a play, right? You don't have to run any designed runs out of it if you don't want, although that's wasting Tannehill's athletic talents. And it's much more versatile than the Wildcat, which was basically just an option-run play. You can run your entire offense out of the Pistol and still have playaction, power running and spread passing. Call it a gimmick if you want, but the 49ers racked up 468 yards and 27 offensive points in the Super Bowl and were 5 yards away from winning.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by benvolin View Post
    You guys realize that the Pistol is a formation and not a play, right? You don't have to run any designed runs out of it if you don't want, although that's wasting Tannehill's athletic talents. And it's much more versatile than the Wildcat, which was basically just an option-run play. You can run your entire offense out of the Pistol and still have playaction, power running and spread passing. Call it a gimmick if you want, but the 49ers racked up 468 yards and 27 offensive points in the Super Bowl and were 5 yards away from winning.
    C'mon Ben...why are you trying to bring logic into this?
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by benvolin View Post
    With all that said. It lead to 6 pts in the red zone in the first half. And took 84mns to cool off the Ravens offense for that team to be within 5 yards of winning.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Pat Kirwin and Tim Ryan on Serous NFL were talking about how you stop it before the Super Bowl
    Almost the same as the Wildcat.

Run blitz and protect the strong side. Force the pass, same as the Wild cat.

And as passing plays go, the read option isn't best suited for a cerebral QB.

The QB has to hold the ball almost 2 seconds before he is ready to pass. Defenders can wait until the last second to show their defensive positioning and coverage.
    They can actually wait until after the ball is snapped to move to zone. The read option cancels out any pre-snap reads if the D plays it right. Just watch what baltimore did to it.
    Same thing they did to our Wild cat back in 2008. Shut it down.
    This has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read here at Finheaven.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    This has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read here at Finheaven.
    I'm sure you have your own share of stupid **** on FH.
    Quote Quote