Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I simply do not understand...

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DANTODUPER View Post
    Did you know Tom Brady makes less than 10 Million a year?
    Tom Brady
    2010...$10.7 million
    2011...$13.2 million
    2012...$8 million
    2013...$21.8 million
    2014...$21.8 million....average $15.7 million per year

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-engla...ots/tom-brady/
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: I simply do not understand...

Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    Did you know he makes another 10 million in endorsemants and his wife makes more than he does? hahah ban this guy ^
    I don't know Brady's contract but I do know 3 things:
    1) Jake Long can marry someone who makes a lot of money if he wants. Non related to his contract.
    2) Jake Long can pimp himself around for endorsements if he wants. If he cant get any? Well that's not the Miami Dolphins' problem.
    3) Who in the blue hell are you to be here for a whopping month and a half and saying ban so and so? I'm sure you weren't serious but gimme a break.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I simply do not understand...

why would u pay Brian Hartline the dude is literally allergic to the end zone.
    You need to google the definition of "literally".

Everyone loves Jake Long. Nobody that understands football wants to pay him what he's asking. Especially not in this scheme, especially not with Jonathan Martin grading out as well as Jake did at left tackle when Jake went down.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaInferno View Post
    I don't know Brady's contract but I do know 3 things:
    1) Jake Long can marry someone who makes a lot of money if he wants. Non related to his contract.
    2) Jake Long can pimp himself around for endorsements if he wants. If he cant get any? Well that's not the Miami Dolphins' problem.
    3) Who in the blue hell are you to be here for a whopping month and a half and saying ban so and so? I'm sure you weren't serious but gimme a break.
    those first 2 points were a waste of text. The point is Brady isn't looking for a huge contract and takes less money to get good players around him. Yes I was joking about banning
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Nonsense, as Long has even played and played well while injured. People tend to not realize the last two seasons which are basically the two he's ended on IR in the "end" of the season he played "through" the injuries and still made the Pro Bowl in 2011, and only decided to go IR once it was probable that we were now realistically out of the playoffs. It was a team decision. Since the playoffs was no longer within reach they closed their franchise LT for the final two games in 2011. And in 2012 when the playoffs were not a reality, they decided to shut him down and fix him up and allow opportunity to give Martin some work at LT. Injuries are not really an issue with Long as he's tough as nails and plays through them. Injuries are a part of the game. That's why teams carry 53 plus a practice squad.
    Nonsense: Pro bowls are fan voting included. If you've been a member of this forum for any length of time you must have seen tons of vote inflating threads where people vote on every internet connected device to inflate the numbers. What's up with this franchise LT business? I mean are we really trying to fit the mold of Joe Thomas and the almighty Cleveland Browns? Well then again any of us who used this as a basis in 2011 with the Daboll hire saying he sucks Cleveland sucks. I got an idea for the new logo. Let's call ourselves the Miami Oranges and have a plain orange helmet and a franchise left tackle.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAPYokt2Npc

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

anyone who thinks Martin is a good replacement for Jake Long watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAPYokt2Npc
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

those first 2 points were a waste of text. The point is Brady isn't looking for a huge contract and takes less money to get good players around him. Yes I was joking about banning
    You're right, bringing up Brady's endorsements and his womans salary is a waste of text saying why we need to pay Long more. You're welcome.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaInferno View Post
    Nonsense: Pro bowls are fan voting included. If you've been a member of this forum for any length of time you must have seen tons of vote inflating threads where people vote on every internet connected device to inflate the numbers. What's up with this franchise LT business? I mean are we really trying to fit the mold of Joe Thomas and the almighty Cleveland Browns? Well then again any of us who used this as a basis in 2011 with the Daboll hire saying he sucks Cleveland sucks. I got an idea for the new logo. Let's call ourselves the Miami Oranges and have a plain orange helmet and a franchise left tackle.
    You are very right about one thing. Jake Long got the pro bowl lately BC of his name and draft status. The average fan may only know 2, 3 offensive lineman so he got voted in on a reputation basis like Ray Lewis has done the past 3 years
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thank you! Cus that would mean Brady is not looking for a payday, he already has it made. The endorsements and his wife salary matter because he doesn't need any more than 9 million a year base salary.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by psfign View Post
    And to be honest, I can definitely see both sides of the coin here. You let him go and there's potential for his injury concerns to be non-exsistant. You keep him and there's potential for him to continually to be an injury problem. So if you 'simply cant understand....', then you are blind to other possibilities. If your opinion differs, fine. But don't act like it's an outrageous notion that Long has become injury prone. You dont know any more than I do. So stop acting like your opinion is the only one that could possibly be right.
    he's been constantly injured in this league more than he's been healthy now, if he was injured his first couple of seasons and then uninjured the last 3 years I wouldnt' even be concerned, but history shows that injuries accumulate with age, not the other way around.

Quote Quote