Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jake long and Miami staying married

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Jake long and Miami staying married

Is it far fetched to think that Jake Long may take a new contract that is loaded on the back end to stay with Miami. If Long wants to stay in Miami and is a true competitor, he will. He's comin off a couple injury plagued seasons and there are questions whether he's still an elite LT in the NFL. If he does sign, I think it's because he's out to prove he's still one of the games best. It's possible he may want to stay with the hype surrounding Miami finally progressing. 40+mill in cap space, 5 early picks and a new coach who seems like he knows what he's doing and the closest thing to Dan Marino we've had around these part. ..makes sense
    "I'm bringing it to technology"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no. He's made his money as a #1 overall draft choice before the new CBA. His wife said they want to stay as LONG as they are wanted here (no pun intended)
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So all they have to do is show interest and were Golden. Don't have to use a first or second on it
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Long is looking to cash in again, this is more then likely his last chance at a big contract. We wants 10 million per year and I do not expect him to budge off that number. He is going where ever the money takes him IMO.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yep, he's going to get as much money as possible and he should. Pro football players have an extremely short window of time to get as much money as possible, and I don't blame him - nor do I think he deserves top dollar to stay in Miami. My guess is somebody will offer him more than Miami is willing to pay, and that's where he'll end up next year.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by malzacher View Post
    Is it far fetched to think that Jake Long may take a new contract that is loaded on the back end to stay with Miami. If Long wants to stay in Miami and is a true competitor, he will. He's comin off a couple injury plagued seasons and there are questions whether he's still an elite LT in the NFL. If he does sign, I think it's because he's out to prove he's still one of the games best. It's possible he may want to stay with the hype surrounding Miami finally progressing. 40+mill in cap space, 5 early picks and a new coach who seems like he knows what he's doing and the closest thing to Dan Marino we've had around these part. ..makes sense
    I wouldn't be opposed to it but in all honesty, i think Jonathan Martin should keep the left tackle position. He fits the scheme better, is the future, needs to stay at one position and learn it. Could Jake Long be a right tackle? I dont know. I do know that for a backloaded deal, i'd keep Long. HIGHLY doubt he's willing to take less money AND learn right tackle.

Intriguing idea but i think Jake is going for the biggest money possible.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he isn't signed by the start of free agency, he won't be signed here
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    If he isn't signed by the start of free agency, he won't be signed here
    Agreed. The last thing that is going to happen is Miami getting into a bidding war for Long. If he gives us the hometown discount, it's possible he's re-signed. If he's expecting a payday that eats up nearly a quarter of our cap space, adios Mr. Long.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most likely another team will offer him more than we will. I dont think it will be that big of a loss.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is there still a right of first refusal tag? The one where we can match another offer.

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

I know one thing. I hate losing a player in FA and spending 1st rd pick on his replacement. We do not gain improvement that way. I am hoping that we can tag and trade him still so we get something at least for him.
    Quote Quote