Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs

1. -51
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    The two I have the least interest in. Hah. At least they're consistent.
    Consistently not the type of players you find starting on Super Bowl contenders. I agree.

Oh, well. Who could expect different, after five years? I laugh that I do not weep. Then I weep. Then I drink.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    I can see Hartline and Starks ..but Clemons??!! Is Ireland smoking something? Clemons sucks big time. He never makes a play, is a poor tackler and takes poor angles all the damn time.
    lol he does not suck at all
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Resignign these 2 players reminds me of when some fans wanted to pay hadnot or whatever that idiot G name was 5-6 mill a year but we didn't THANKFULLY and now where is he?

Do you guys even remember the amount of $ and contract we had given players on that roster during that era? I remember at least 5 players taht were making almost 3-5x times what htey deserved than Parcells came and cut them all and they haven't played a down in the NFL since.

Now I am not saying Clemons and Hartline will end up like that, what i am saying is they do NOT Warrant 3mill to clemons and 6 mill to hartline. I think at least 2 INT in yoru season is required to at least get $3 mill for crying out loud and at least more tahn 1 TD, but hey, WE ARE MIAMI SB BOUND WITH 43 mill and 5 picks !! YE-HAWWWW
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    SR-7, don't you think it's possible that adding another weapon would open the game up for Hartline even more? How good was our offense? Didn't it stall a lot? Didn't the other team know to key-in on Hartline? Wasn't our defense on the field a lot of the time?

Adding another weapon allows our quarterback to spread the ball around more and keep the drives going longer. In case you forgot, we were a bad offense, and not because of Hartline... if we didn't have Hartline, we would have been worse. By adding another great WR, we can hopefully improve on offense, have longer drives, more offensive plays, more offensive throws, more offensive yards and Hartline can continue to put up 800+ yards as a complementary guy - is that too much of a reach for you?

That's simple to me.

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atila View Post
    SR-7, don't you think it's possible that adding another weapon would open the game up for Hartline even more? How good was our offense? Didn't it stall a lot? Didn't the other team know to key-in on Hartline? Wasn't our defense on the field a lot of the time?

Adding another weapon allows our quarterback to spread the ball around more and keep the drives going longer. In case you forgot, we were a bad offense, and not because of Hartline... if we didn't have Hartline, we would have been worse. By adding another great WR, we can hopefully improve on offense, have longer drives, more offensive plays, more offensive throws, more offensive yards and Hartline can continue to put up 800+ yards as a complementary guy - is that too much of a reach for you?

That's simple to me.
    sigh, there is a toxic feeling about this team that is hard to overcome even with reasoned and well thought out debate.

Quote Quote  

6. -56
    THE FUTURE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    Agree on Hartline. He's not a guy that's going to score many touchdowns, but he will move the chains and is reliable. I thought he did a good job this year considering he went up against the other teams top corner. I think Clemons is still ascending a bit so I can see that. I'm for letting Smith walk, however. I just don't see a consistently good corner in Smith. Good corners will be hard to find in free agency so I think that will put a huge, huge emphasis on finding two starters in the draft.
    Hmmm. This sounds like familiar territory. Anyone say Davis, smith
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    How many catches do players outside of Bess and Hartline have?

Thanks. Point being, as i said before, I shouldn't spoon feed everything but apparently my audience needs that.

If we had a normal 3rd WR you think hartline would have his 1000 yards? So as usual, someone produces with ZERO WR next to him and during a contract year we splash the cash and then when they fail to put the same numbers up we cuss the man out for being pathetic when it actuality he is what he is, an average player.

Same way Smith wants 43 mill because he is tall and long and that makes him rare but his entire game is utterly pathetic.
    Your post said Hartline was "targeted" 80% of the time in passing plays. After I discredited that statement now you come back again trying to alter what you said to include Bess and now only catches. You don't need to spoon feed anything, just try and get some of your facts right.

Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Consistently not the type of players you find starting on Super Bowl contenders. I agree.

Oh, well. Who could expect different, after five years? I laugh that I do not weep. Then I weep. Then I drink.
    might work better if you drink first. then when you weep you at least can blame the beer.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Good start/plan.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's really unfair to label Hartline as #3 as some of you see him. Teams simply had to shift their focus on Hartline. Who else has half the talent he has on the roster? Bess? The guy is clearly a #3 slot receiver yet we had no choice but to put him as #2. Hartline has better speed than most people perceive he has and not to mention has great hands. Fins need to make it a priority to resign him and obviously bring more talent at WR position. IMO- Hartline is definitely a starting WR in this league and can will actually put up better stats with someone better starting next to him.
    Quote Quote