Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 121314151617

Thread: Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs

1. -161
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    well that would be a really bad way to go about things...
    Definitely. I could be talking out of my butt, but it could be partially true as well. If Jake long walks, all of the 2008 class is gone. If he were to lose the whole 2009 class the same year even though he could get upgrades for the same money or cheaper, it doesn't say a lot a of good about his drafting ability. I'm sorry, I mean Bill Parcells' drafting ability.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ScQ7SNeJg
    Quote Quote  

2. -162
    8/31/14 Never Forget

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Definitely. I could be talking out of my butt, but it could be partially true as well. If Jake long walks, all of the 2008 class is gone. If he were to lose the whole 2009 class the same year even though he could get upgrades for the same money or cheaper, it doesn't say a lot a of good about his drafting ability. I'm sorry, I mean Bill Parcells' drafting ability.
    This is a concern i ranted about during the season. People love to blame Cam Cameron for the 1-15 season. For good reason, he was the coach that year and made the team worse then it already was. But the foundation for that season was already in place. We walked out of the '02 and '03 drafts with no one. Players that should have been in the prime of their career, 26-28 years old, were no where to be found. We had exceptionally young players and old players a year away from retirement. That was already a ticking time bomb, but add on injuries? It all added up and destroyed us.

Now we've made the same mistake. Its inexcusable that we busted on the entire '08 draft, despite picking at the top of every round and having 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. We had 4 picks in the first 3 rounds in '09 and busted on 3 of those 4 players, with Sean Smith walking out the door. We had 4 picks in the first 3 rounds this past year and one is already looking to be a bust. But hey, we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds this year, that extra pick makes all the difference! We are on the way up!!1!

We are only as good as our front office is. For all hilarious defense of Ireland, i have never heard anyone suggest he will be a special general manager. The next Ron Wolf or Ozzie Newsome. Why have we given this many chances to a guy who's upside is "good"?
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

3. -163
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Are you guys still trying to convince people of something with no new evidence? like if you keep saying it then you will magically convince all of Finheaven that they have all been uniformed for 5 years? Yes, everyone should have listened to you because you have an unprecedented insight into a situation that nobody else could possibly have. You should pat yourself on the back and revel in how cool you were when you told everyone they were wrong on the internet.

Keep on fighting the good fight....
    Quote Quote  

4. -164
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    This is a concern i ranted about during the season. People love to blame Cam Cameron for the 1-15 season. For good reason, he was the coach that year and made the team worse then it already was. But the foundation for that season was already in place. We walked out of the '02 and '03 drafts with no one. Players that should have been in the prime of their career, 26-28 years old, were no where to be found. We had exceptionally young players and old players a year away from retirement. That was already a ticking time bomb, but add on injuries? It all added up and destroyed us.

Now we've made the same mistake. Its inexcusable that we busted on the entire '08 draft, despite picking at the top of every round and having 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. We had 4 picks in the first 3 rounds in '09 and busted on 3 of those 4 players, with Sean Smith walking out the door. We had 4 picks in the first 3 rounds this past year and one is already looking to be a bust. But hey, we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds this year, that extra pick makes all the difference! We are on the way up!!1!

We are only as good as our front office is. For all hilarious defense of Ireland, i have never heard anyone suggest he will be a special general manager. The next Ron Wolf or Ozzie Newsome. Why have we given this many chances to a guy who's upside is "good"?
    You've got in all wrong, if it wasn't for all those bad picks and signings over the past 5 years we wouldn't be in the amazing salary cap situation we find ourselves in today, you can't have it both ways...
    Quote Quote  

5. -165
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post

This.

No one drafted in the past five years by this regime has been resigned. No one. With Sean Smith seemingly headed out the door and the odds on Hartline resigning perhaps even, perhaps less, it looks as though that streak (or **** stain, depending on how you look at it) might very well continue.

Letting players you've drafted to fill holes leave in free agency because they're not good enough to resign and then drafting new players to fill those same holes who you also don't resign is like trying to dig out of a hole by throwing the dirt up in the air and letting it fall back into the hole again.

It's a whole lot of going nowhere fast. You need to be able to draft and sign players worth resigning. That's the error. Because I can't get pissed off about not giving Smith or Hartline big money. They're not worth it. But dude, why did we end up with them in the first place? Draft better. And don't trade away the talented players you do draft (like Vontae).
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

6. -166
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    This.

No one drafted in the past five years by this regime has been resigned. No one. With Sean Smith seemingly headed out the door and the odds on Hartline resigning perhaps even, perhaps less, it looks as though that streak (or **** stain, depending on how you look at it) might very well continue.

Letting players you've drafted to fill holes leave in free agency because they're not good enough to resign and then drafting new players to fill those same holes who you also don't resign is like trying to dig out of a hole by throwing the dirt up in the air and letting it fall back into the hole again.

It's a whole lot of going nowhere fast. You need to be able to draft and sign players worth resigning. That's the error. Because I can't get pissed off about not giving Smith or Hartline big money. They're not worth it. But dude, why did we end up with them in the first place? Draft better. And don't trade away the talented players you do draft (like Vontae).
    The thing that boggles my mind more than anything about Ireland is the sheer amount of resources he has invested in the OL between picks and FA money, and how little we have to show for it.

Quote Quote  

7. -167
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    The thing that boggles my mind more than anything about Ireland is the sheer amount of resources he has invested in the OL between picks and FA money, and how little we have to show for it.
    You could say the same thing about the secondary. A first rounder, second rounder, three fifth rounders, a seventh rounder and a boatload of free agent money to Gibril Wilson, Eric Green and Richard Marshall.

Of that, Reshad Jones appears worth keeping. Maybe. Give it another year to make sure. Jimmy Wilson might make a good special teamer, which isn't bad for a murderer. But what about the rest?
    Quote Quote  

8. -168
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Guys, the handwriting is on the wall. We know ireland and what he does.

1. He will sign whichever one of Wallace or jennings he can get more cheaply.

2. He wants no part of Cordarelle Patterson in any way, shape or form.

3. This team will draft NO WR before round 4 when he can get ryan swope.

4. He is determined to go cornfed with #12.

5. We will be 7-9 again.

ANY permutation of a WR corps that has hartline in it is a CHEAP, MEDIOCRE, SELLOUT, SURRENDER, FAIL of a WR corps that is allergic to excellence and refuses to be elite among the NFL's units. A Super Bowl-caliber WR corps does not have hartline-type players in it, who can't make plays and find the end zone.
    Last edited by iwastherein72; 02-14-2013 at 01:06 AM.
    Ryan Tannehill. Ah, what a relief. Life is good.
    Quote Quote  

9. -169
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Jimmy Wilson might make a good special teamer, which isn't bad for a murderer.

Special Teams gunner extraordinaire.
    Quote Quote  

10. -170
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Agree with Clemons, pass on Hartline, to many receivers that are playmakers.....
    Quote Quote