Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs

1. -121
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Let me clarify as to why it's on topic. You have an opinion that Brian Hartline (currently a Dolphin, rumored to be hot and heavy in negotiations to remain a Dolphin) is a very good player worth the price of re-signing. This opinion of yours is consistent with your past history of approval/defense of whoever happens to be in charge of the Dolphins at the time, and/or playing for the Dolphins at the time, be it Tony Sparano and/or Chad Henne, etc. Therefore your opinion of Brian Hartline should be viewed within this context. This is about Brian Hartline.
    and the foul
    Quote Quote  

2. -122
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    If people are going to bring up past predictions in an attempt to negate an opinion, they better be ready to defend their own past predictions...
    Well said, agreed. Dont throw rocks if you live in a glass house.

Of course, now certain rocks cant break glass because those rocks could be off topic and naturally ricochet off the house.

The longer this thread continues the more i fall in love with it.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

3. -123
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Well said, agreed. Dont throw rocks if you live in a glass house.

Of course, now certain rocks cant break glass because those rocks could be off topic and naturally ricochet off the house.

The longer this thread continues the more i fall in love with it.
    I'm sure there will be more goodness. I'm positively salivating and crying at the thought of Hartline as a kick returner, punt returner, gunner, kick holder, you know all around special teams ace that he was born to be. And just think He can probably play safety too!

Quote Quote  

4. -124
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Let me clarify as to why it's on topic. You have an opinion that Brian Hartline (currently a Dolphin, rumored to be hot and heavy in negotiations to remain a Dolphin) is a very good player worth the price of re-signing.
    Incorrect, I think he is a good player that is a better fit as a #2, but not a very good player who should be a #1. I would like to have him back on the team but never once did I say what I think his price of re-signing should be. You are probably assuming that I want him back for the "rumored" price of $6 million a year. If that is correct on your part, you are putting words in my mouth. I don't think he is worth $6 million a year and I don't think he will get that number from the Dolphins. Those numbers are likely starting numbers that will eventually come down. Soliai was looking for $10 million a year last offseason and ended up signing for $6 million a year. Never trust those "rumored" numbers as being the end all, they are not.
    This opinion of yours is consistent with your past history of approval/defense of whoever happens to be in charge of the Dolphins at the time, and/or playing for the Dolphins at the time, be it Tony Sparano and/or Chad Henne, etc. Therefore your opinion of Brian Hartline should be viewed within this context. This is about Brian Hartline.
    Your post wasn't about Hartline, it was about Tony Sparano and Chad Henne. Which is not the topic of this thread. Two different opinions on two completely different subjects have nothing to do with each other. My taste in movies or politics doesn't dictate my opinion on whether Brian Hartline should be re-signed. My opinion whether current or past on Joe Philbin, Ryan Tannehill, Tony Sparano, Cameron Wake, Chad Henne, Sean Smith, Paul Soliai, etc. has nothing to do with my opinion on Brian Hartline. They are ALL completely different people and situations that should be addressed separately.

I pulled into this thread your previous opinion on Brian Hartline, which I just checked the title of this thread again and is the SUBJECT of this thread. Whether it offended you that I pulled a relevant past opinion on the thread topic is your individual problem to sort through. It wasn't a personal attack or anything ridiculous like that. I apologize to you CK if a past opinion you had was offensive to you. Deeply sorry.

Lets try to get this thread back on track.

Quote Quote  

5. -125
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    I'm sure there will be more goodness. I'm positively salivating and crying at the thought of Hartline as a kick returner, punt returner, gunner, kick holder, you know all around special teams ace that he was born to be. And just think He can probably play safety too!
    You forgot gangsta. Brian Hartline: Thug Life.
    Quote Quote  

6. -126
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    You forgot gangsta. Brian Hartline: Thug Life.
    This is where Hartline gets his bad reputation.

Quote Quote  

7. -127
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    This is where Hartline gets his bad reputation.

As well he should.

Poor fashion choice mixing that gray vest with a black shirt and darkish tie.

A white shirt with stripes with a light yet brightly colored tie would truly accent the gray.

Black dress shoes, though. Definitely black shoes.

Quote Quote  

8. -128
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    and the foul
    come on harry...that's an "and 1"

i take it you never played much hoops ha ha
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

9. -129
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    Would probably have the same number of career TDs...

Quote Quote  

10. -130
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I believe these two free agents, Hartline and Clemons, are being talked to first because they will be the cheapest and will likely provide more value for the money. The other players like Long, Starks, and Smith will likely ask for way more than they are worth,and negotiation will take much longer. I dont believe we are negotiating with Hartline and Clemons first because we want them more.
    Quote Quote