Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs

1. -141
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    And really, who wears a vest anymore? It's a major fashion faux pas.
    A properly tailored vest certainly isn't, in the right setting of course. I'd never wear one to work, but I sometimes wear three-piece suits to galas, weddings, etc.; particularly in the winter.

This is quickly becoming the most informative thread on FH. College kids should take notes, unless they're majoring in art history.

Quote Quote  

2. -142
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Starks not a "must re-sign"? Didnt he just make the pro-bowl?

This reeks of another Benny Sapp/Legedu Naanee situation. Getting rid of a productive player to let an "Ireland guy" step in. Hopefully they are just getting the "easy" negotiations out of the way before the tough one.
    I don't know any details about on-going negotiations, but it's clear that Jeff Ireland is handling them as special cases not necessarily as top priorities.

Hartline and Clemons were drafted by Miami Dolphins and have more value to this team that any other in the league.
    Happens everywhere, players have love for the community and the team that drafted them. That goes to the extreme that given the case, several guys opt to retire before moving elsewhere.
    So Ireland should be using that, appealing to their colors asking for home-discount.

Let's say Ireland is going from easy cases to hard one. So after dealing with Hartline & Clemons, he'll focus on other free agents, Randy Starks included.
    From Mexico, GO PHINS GO!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -143
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    A properly tailored vest certainly isn't, in the right setting of course. I'd never wear one to work, but I sometimes wear three-piece suits to galas, weddings, etc.; particularly in the winter.

This is quickly becoming the most informative thread on FH. College kids should take notes, unless they're majoring in art history.
    I actually was just talking about what Hartline was trying to pull off as being one.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote  

4. -144
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post

I think this thread has potential.

Quote Quote  

5. -145
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What were they worth a year ago? That's the way I would look at it. I'm not a big believer in trajectory, particularly in regard to marginal talent. It's like an NFL team that wins 6 games one season, then 9 the next. The public wants to believe 10 or higher is the next destination when actually the reverse is true, a natural bounce in the other direction. I'd argue the same holds true of Reshad Jones, and what his reputation will be a year from now.

An NFL general manager should evaluate the free agent worth of every player on his roster after every season. And then refer back to those numbers when the player's contract is up. You don't want to write down $2 million, 3 million and then pay 5 million when the decision has to be made. That's the steady leak that I refer to once in a while. Do the right thing and it's remarkable how the results fall in your favor.

Jake Long, now he's the candidate to bounce upward. Unfortunately the contract demands are already upward, under the impression he never left his old perch. That's the sticky debate. I'd make sure his health is fully checked, and by multiple sources, before assigning a number.
    Quote Quote  

6. -146
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes, let us release our best receiver and one of the few decent pieces in our secondary. Never change, FinHeaven.
    Miami Dolphins '13: 0-0-0
    Quote Quote  

7. -147
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Clemons would be a backup on at least half the teams in the NFL. He makes ZERO big plays, takes bad angles to the ball all the time and this isn't even mentioning his shoddly tackling. Why are we so gung-ho on resigning him??!!
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

8. -148
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UCF Nation View Post
    Yes, let us release our best receiver and one of the few decent pieces in our secondary. Never change, FinHeaven.

Releasing Clemons isn't saying anything because our entiire secondary stinks outside of Reshad Jones.
    Quote Quote  

9. -149
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

ohh great... fins talking to hartline

God i hope they either dont sign him or sign him to a short cheap contract cuz if they sign him for anything more then 4 mil a year its going to suck.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...act-w-hartline
    Quote Quote  

10. -150
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Cm'on brother...I'm not going to cuss you out like some people have on these repeated threads...but just look for 2 seconds, these Hartline threads are every where. There is no need to spam the forum with another Hartline thread.

Edit: This post was directed to the poster above me who made another Hartline thread, not at the OP of this thread. An admin moved the thread and my comment onto this one....Ignore this lol.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote