Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These two would be good resigns IMO. Both bring stability and youth and good play. Now it also depends if they can resign at the right prices.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The two I have the least interest in. Hah. At least they're consistent.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Chris McCain Should Start

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    XB1 Conroller
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    The two I have the least interest in. Hah. At least they're consistent.
    Haha... read my comment on pg 4.

They're being so incompetent that I'm starting to think they want to move the team to another city.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    I don't want Hartline or Bess back...I'm tired of average WR's. Where are Duper and Clayton when you need them?

I feel the same way, but hey. We aren't calling the shots. And I know we've been throwing Hartline under the bus for lacking in the TD department, but I'm sure that can be a good possession guy opposite Mike Wallace. So it's not the end of the world or anything. They likely are looking at the draft and realizing that we have better value at DE at 12 then we would at 42 and are doing the math that we are going to have to have our two starting WRs signed as "veterans" prior to the draft and then maybe add one rookie draft pick with playmaking speed in the mid rounds to develop behind them...
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs

Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    Great, bring back 2 players that dont make plays. Fits this regime quite well.

Hartline had 1000 yards becuase he was targeted almost 80% of the damn time on a passing play, he better have that many yards being targetted taht often. TD? 1.

CLemons, cant hit, can't tackle, can't catch. Great, deserves an extension for consistently being useless.

2013 already starting on a ****ty note.

And for those that have ANY HOPE or FAITH in us adding playmakers, i will put $20 down rght now that if we resign Hartline we will only add 1 more WR becuase they believe Hartline is a good WR. Who wants to bet that we won't add 2 WR if hartline is resigned at an outrageous price of probably 6mill a year.
    I'll take that bet. You can pay my VIP membership when you lose.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoFin View Post
    Tha was just for allowing 1st downs and TD's. He was the #24 ranked safety overall. I am ok at bringing him back cheap as he is solid and doesn't give up the big play, but he doesn't really make any plays either. He plays technically sound but has very little instincts. They may not need to upgrade right now if they bring him back but they will need to very soon.
    I am completely on board with resigning Clemons, he may not create the most plays on the ball, but he definitely protected the end zone. This team has too many needs at key positions at WR, CB, DE, TE and OT to invest in another safety right now. Clemons is a fantastic option right now as he won't demand a big paycheck, I think this is a great move.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm good with them bringing back Clemons. I don't think his price tag will be too high and we can always draft a safety in the middle rounds. Clemons had a very solid year. Yeah, he wasn't a "playmaker" but he wasn't a liability either. Am i the only one that remembers Gibril Wilson? We have to fill in quite a few spots in our lineup and they can't all be Pro Bowlers. I'd much rather spend the big dollars on other positions.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Actually Hartline was targeted 25.4% of the time on passing plays. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your rants.
    How many catches do players outside of Bess and Hartline have?

Thanks. Point being, as i said before, I shouldn't spoon feed everything but apparently my audience needs that.

If we had a normal 3rd WR you think hartline would have his 1000 yards? So as usual, someone produces with ZERO WR next to him and during a contract year we splash the cash and then when they fail to put the same numbers up we cuss the man out for being pathetic when it actuality he is what he is, an average player.

Same way Smith wants 43 mill because he is tall and long and that makes him rare but his entire game is utterly pathetic.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can see Hartline and Starks ..but Clemons??!! Is Ireland smoking something? Clemons sucks big time. He never makes a play, is a poor tackler and takes poor angles all the damn time.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    I'll take that bet. You can pay my VIP membership when you lose.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    By 2 WR I mean TOP WR, not players after round 3 and no FA bs like NaNaee. I am tlaking about pure gamers not bums.

$20 bet says if we get Hartline, we will drft a WR in the 1st round or sign someone like Wallace or jennings, we wont sign another GOOD WR or draft ANOTHER one with our 1st.

You are telling me you can see Miami pay hartline 6mill a year, Jennings 8 mill a year, than draft Patterson at 1? HAHAHAH OKAY BUDDY.
    Quote Quote