Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zach Ertz vs. Tyler Eifert: A Metrics Breakdown

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Twitches Brew thanks for finding this. The video also shows that his blocking is better than people give him credit for.

Once again, if we could trade down to 20 or 21 and take Eifert I'd be elated. I think he would do wonders for Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And people need to get real if they think Jared Cook or Dustin Keller are just as good as Eifert
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    eifert was not overmatched...if anything he showed as a pretty good size move athlete running down the field and running routes against a 4.4 corner with a top 15 grade...eifert will be a mismatch player in the pros and a day one contributor... big target good athlete can go up and get the ball away from his body and very fluid...willing blocker as well so he won't embarrass you there and will be able to take the field unlike a lot of guys who are disasters as blockers at the position...large catch radius...i'm thinking he'll run in the 4.6's

1st te off the board...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Ertz will go ahead of Eifert.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am trying not to use the National Championship game too much. However, I was not impressed with his blocking in the run game. Plus, if a corner can shut him down then why would not that happen at the next level? Where are his physical characteristics to "box out" a corner if that happens to be the match up?

Give me Ertz. Great blocker. Big target. High character guy.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hayden throws out a really poor evaluation of eiferts bama game and then throws out absolutes...never even realizes most te's in football would look stiff as boards lined up on the boundary in that much space against a top corner prospect...

whatevs...
    Quote Quote  

7. -27

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and if you prefer ertz i get that...he's a damn good te prospect who plays smart and can make plays down the seam...i like him a lot myself...but the bama evaluation is a poor one and frankly shows a misunderstanding of the te position in the nfl...most te's are in line or flexed out almost in a slot like position they are rarely and only the real plus athlete ones positioned on the boundary...also most teams on d play their corners or safeties when lined up in man across from a te out wide on the boundary in a off position worried about losing physically if they press and so they play off and rally to the ball after the underneath catch...it's a feather in milliners cap that he was able to cover a big vertical threat athletic te in eifert on the boundary in press man at the los but it's just as much a feather in eiferts cap that he could look so fluid on the boundary in that much space down the field...and it's not like he was getting dominated...it was a great one on one matchup...one that most dcs aren't gonna leave their cb in press on an island against that size and strength in the pros...one that most teams who have that kind of athlete at te on the outside are gonna try and exploit...large catch radius the ability to go up and get the ball and win physically...

eifert allows you th threaten the field at all levels and run wild with the playbook in how you use him in regards to formations and attacking mismatches against primarily lbs and safeties in coverage...
    Last edited by hooshoops; 02-13-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Poor evaluation, eh? Well, when Ertz goes ahead of Eifert we can return to this post. Sound good?
    Quote Quote  

9. -29

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Poor evaluation, eh? Well, when Ertz goes ahead of Eifert we can return to this post. Sound good?
    we can return to anything football related you want to hayden...any time

it's not like you offer any meat in your "evaluations" anyways...you're the one liner king...
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    we can return to anything football related you want to hayden...any time

it's not like you offer any meat in your "evaluations" anyways...you're the one liner king...
    Sounds good...totally looking forward to April.

Sorry I do not have enough "meat" for you. However, I did not think I need to have Mel Kiper write ups in order to have a legit conversation about the draft.

Hey, seems like Ansah is driving up draft boards again.
    Quote Quote