Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What if We Strike Out on All Three WR?

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldnt be that pissed. If we strike out on all three then we better sign Kruger, Levitre, Finley or Cook or Keller, and Cox. Then first two rounds go receiver! Patterson and Woods would make me happy.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It'd be nice to sign Jennings to a friendly contract. Aside from that, I'm not looking to invest in a position that tends not to pay you back (when you address it in FA). I'd LOVE to have Wheaton - since he's been introduced to the thread. I think you can draft up to 3 WR's and have them all contribute. Deep, deep WR class. We're not winning anything substantial this season. We're building. Can't rush things. And speaking of Wheaton, he's an impressive dude:

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland will overpay if he has to. He knows he has to. Hes bragged about how he has money so I expect him to use it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by antillj94 View Post
    If we do then tough titty. We missed out on Peyton Manning last year and that seems to be for the best in my opinion.
    I can't agree. We wouldn't have been too far off from how good Denver was this year, and we'd have a window of a few more years to contend if played our cards right.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not all that positive we will anyway. I don't think we have any true interest in Bowe (due to flake factor); Wallace will be pursued, but will cost too much and they won't pay it; then finally Jennings. I think we both have an interest, but it will come down to if what we are willing to spend is close to what he is willing to take to come here. If there are a number of teams willing to spend big in F/A for WR's, then we lose out and build through the draft. Which wouldn't nearly scare me as much as it does if we did a decent job at finding talent in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think the better question is what 3 teams apart from the Phins can afford any of these WR's? From what I see about half of the league is in serious cap trouble. Others are barely scrapping by with only 5-6 teams able to throw out these huge contracts.

Not factoring in that some of these teams have bigger needs or are in full rebuild mode.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan19 View Post
    I know we have all the cap room needed. And everyone here just assumes that we will lock down one of the "Big Three" WR...Wallace, Jennings, or Bowe. And as much as anyone, I believe we will.

But what if we don't?

There is speculation about Wallace to Cleveland. Jennings to Minnesota. Bowe to...well, who knows. But he's a bit of a headcase, so anything could happen there. He may not even leave KC.

What then? What happens if on Week 1, we line up Brian Hartline and a rookie WR as our starters. Do we improve at all? I know there are a ton of variables, and TE is one that could make a huge difference...but what happens to the mood on FH if after week 1 of FA, the big name guys are gone, and we've only re-signed Hartline - or worse yet, we don't...and have nobody but second tier guys. Again.

I ask it because it's a distinct possiblity. What is the backup plan?

32 teams. 3 receivers. Anything can happen.
    If we strike out on all 3, it will be a Huge blessing in disguise for us.
    Trade a 2/3 to move up in the first.
    Draft Patterson And Hunter with our firsts. Get Trufant and Rambo in the 2/3 rounds.
    Use our cap space everywhere else but wr.

Now we will have 2 stud wr's. On rookie contracts too.
    We will have all that cap space to do other things.

Now I know this plan, may not be able to fix all our holes as well as other plans.
    I just feel, trying to overextend by trying to fix all the holes in our team in this one offseason, all that will end up happening is we will end up having a bunch of mediocre/mid range type of guys.
    Leading us further down the path of mediocrity.

I rather go all out and fix this wr issue asap, we can't risk stunting Tannehill either, which makes wr the biggest need imho this year.
    So I say, go overboard, and turn our wr weakness into our strength.
    Then let's proceed from there.
    We will have more money too by not blowing it on the FA wr's.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Then we throw all of our cash at the best te, pass rushes and dbs in fa. Draft Patterson, Bailey, a db, a de and call it a good offseason.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan19 View Post
    I know we have all the cap room needed. And everyone here just assumes that we will lock down one of the "Big Three" WR...Wallace, Jennings, or Bowe. And as much as anyone, I believe we will.

But what if we don't?

There is speculation about Wallace to Cleveland. Jennings to Minnesota. Bowe to...well, who knows. But he's a bit of a headcase, so anything could happen there. He may not even leave KC.

What then? What happens if on Week 1, we line up Brian Hartline and a rookie WR as our starters. Do we improve at all? I know there are a ton of variables, and TE is one that could make a huge difference...but what happens to the mood on FH if after week 1 of FA, the big name guys are gone, and we've only re-signed Hartline - or worse yet, we don't...and have nobody but second tier guys. Again.

I ask it because it's a distinct possiblity. What is the backup plan?

32 teams. 3 receivers. Anything can happen.
    If the Dolphins insist on putting that "offset language" in their contracts, they just might end up losing out on all three. I guess that's why Ireland included the possibility of making a trade as part of making an impact this offseason.

Bowe has not been a headcase since the 2009 season when he clashed with then Kansas City head coach Todd Haley. Since then, Dwayne has been the idea teammate according to Matt Cassel.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We won't strike out. Jennings to Miami is a lock. Only one who can screw that up is Ireland, and that should make everyone nervous.
    Quote Quote