Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Full dolphins report in yahoo sports: Detailed!

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea it could go either way on the right side. I gave Incog the nod for now since he does have some NFL experience playing RT.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinMagic View Post
    Excellent read, but his perception of the offensive line is putrid at best. I didn't see any drop off from Long to Martin. No thanks on the 10M per year
    Hopefully the Coaching staff did see it, because if the plan is to go into the season with Martin as the starting LT, we will be picking pretty high again next year.

I agree we can't pay Long 10 mil or more, but Miami needs to make him an offer (whatever their evaluation is that he deserves to make) if he is found to be healthy, if he does not take it, Miami needs to get a Vet O-linemen that can play L-tackle, at least until Martin is ready.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    what games were you folks who say there is a tremendous drop off between long & martin watching??? what cause he got bulldozed one play in san fran? the last game of the season the whole line was AWFUL! long was mediocre at best the whole year. no f*****g way in hell i give him a big contract. martin showed a lot of promise at lt. the eric fisher talk at 12 is typical. we'll be picking high if martin is the lt next year is pretty hilarious.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    John Edwards

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PS4 ControllerPlaystation LogoCap's shieldCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Count me as one of those peasants at the gates with a torch if we take another o-lineman with the #12 pick. Clearly, WRs and CBs can be had aplenty in FA. Where the FA market is thin is at DE. Ireland simply has to be looking at a pass rusher with that 1st round pick.

As for the line, I say give Martin another four months in that weight room to see how he looks with an entire offseason at the LT position - where he was always more comfortable to begin with. The dark horse FA signing of this year could very well not be a TE or WR but instead be Andy Levitre. Richie Incognito went to the Pro Bowl this year at LG and everyone (including Incognito himself) says he's even better at RG. Richie has been a pleasant surprise in the ZB scheme, often pulling and getting to the second level in 2012. Kick Jerry out to RT to compete with Will Yeatman and I'll gamble that one of them will shine in training camp.

Spend all early round picks on TE, WR, DE, CB (and FS if Clemons isn't re-signed). Spend your day 3 picks on reaches like Lattimore or the Honey Badger (if they fall) and depth o-linemen.
    Tailgun

Quote Quote