Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Full dolphins report in yahoo sports: Detailed!

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    JI can sign his departure if he selects an O lineman in the 1st round. The booing Cam Cameron received for the Ginn family selection will be nothing compared to the response Ireland gets for an O lineman this year. And this could easily happen. JI is still a product of the Parcells school of drafting - rule #1) When in doubt on any draft pick go cornfed O lineman.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My wishful plan. .
    Trade back in the first and take eifert while also getting another 2nd. Now we have 3 2nd rounders. In the second, draft trufant, Rhodes, and terrance williams. Then in the third get Carradine and Bakhiatari.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    JI can sign his departure if he selects an O lineman in the 1st round. The booing Cam Cameron received for the Ginn family selection will be nothing compared to the response Ireland gets for an O lineman this year. And this could easily happen. JI is still a product of the Parcells school of drafting - rule #1) When in doubt on any draft pick go cornfed O lineman.
    Depends. If he goes out and lands a big name free agent WR I don't think a lot of the fan base will be all that upset. And If he adds another quality player on top of that in FA I think the fan base will care even less and might, in fact, welcome it, especially if Long leaves.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Eric Fisher is at 12, you better take him or we will be the laughing stocks of the world. How can you lose your probowl LT have another one drop into your laps, who will cost way less than the prior and not sign him up?

That is pure stupidity. You would be passing up an instant starter for a 240lb DE? or a WR who looks awesome running end arounds and returning kicks for his big plays?

Sorry, that is just plain stupid. You take a player who locks down a position for years to come. There are only slim pickings of elite players in this draft and you pass up on this guy, oh for crying out loud, its like talking to children at the toy store.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FINatic054 View Post
    My wishful plan. .
    Trade back in the first and take eifert while also getting another 2nd. Now we have 3 2nd rounders. In the second, draft trufant, Rhodes, and terrance williams. Then in the third get Carradine and Bakhiatari.
    Thats exactly right. you picked a guy who locks down a position with no questions asked and get another pick to get more guys to lock down spots.

Anyone who trades up though is going higher than us in this draft. In fact, dont be surprised if we go up and take Fisher!
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks for posting bro!

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Thats exactly right. you picked a guy who locks down a position with no questions asked and get another pick to get more guys to lock down spots.

Anyone who trades up though is going higher than us in this draft. In fact, dont be surprised if we go up and take Fisher!
    Yes. I think the only two players that would be possibilities to trade up for for the Fins would be Millner or Fisher. I personally would not like to see us trade up..especially to take another offensive lineman
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Anchorage, AK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    Words cannot express how much rage I would feel if this happened
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You do not need an all pro left tackle to be successful in this league, in fact I would argue that Guards are becoming more important in offenses today then the tackles. If we go with another number one o-linemen then yea we get him cheap for the first couple seasons and then we are looking at giving him a gigantic contract which handcuffs our ability to get and retain skill position players or you let him walk and start the cycle all over again like we are doing with Long this year. Take a couple linemen later in the draft and go after some proven free agents, spread the money you would have spent all on Long, or on Fischer to keep him, on making your entire line better not just one spot.

Say what you will and call me crazy but I would not take Fischer in the 1st round, in fact I would have to be pretty well set at all the skill positions before I even consider taking a linemen in the first round because no matter how important they are to the team, they will never win a game for you. You only have so many opportunities to get that game changing player and your best shot is the first round of the draft each year. We have spent 3 of our past 8 1st round picks on linemen and our team has seen little to no success in that time period and only the most recent selection is still on the team. Of course another reason for this is we are terrible at hitting on anything in the first round. Other than Tannehill (fingers crossed) we have not hit on a first round skill player since 93 OJ Mcduffie. Some may argue Ronnie Brown but I am not one of them.

My offensive line for the next season has Martin LT, Levitre LG, Pouncey C, Jerry RG, Incognito RT. I would be completely comfortable starting Tannehill behind this line as he airs it out to all the new weapons we drafted him. Draft a tackle late to eventually replace Incog.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St George, UT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhishyPhishy View Post
    My offensive line for the next season has Martin LT, Levitre LG, Pouncey C, Jerry RG, Incognito RT. I would be completely comfortable starting Tannehill behind this line as he airs it out to all the new weapons we drafted him. Draft a tackle late to eventually replace Incog.
    I really like your idea for our line next year. I would switch Incog and Jerry though.
    Quote Quote