Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Combine prospect meetings

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Combine prospect meetings

According to Walter football...while some teams have met with over 20 prospects, the Dolphins in spite of bringing half their organization, have only met with one prospect.
    Former TE and Oklahoma tackle Lane Johnson. Zone scheme replacement for Long maybe???......just sayin.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I saw Aaron Nagler say that during his press conference Keenan Allen mentioned that Joe Philbin drew up a play and had him go over what kind of coverages he might see and how he should adjust to them.

So obviously they met with him as well.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am sure they have met with more prospects than what Walter football has listed. I just happened to notice the lone name listed was an OT, and obviously it means nothing at this point, but it is interesting that they keep this stat. However I would not be surprised if they took him at 12 and let Jake walk. It would be a shame to see Jake go and shame to end up with a less than glamourous pick with our first rounder also.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we draft another OL in the 1st... We need some speed on this team and help for RT.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks

Wide Receivers at NFL Combine not lacking in Confidence

According to the Miami Herald the Dolphins have also met with Cincinnati's WR Kenbrell Thompkins.
    Dolphins coach Joe Philbin had California’s Keenan Allen draw up plays on the board during an interview.

“The connection was there,” Allen said of his meeting with Philbin.

Thompkins, who is training in South Florida, also huddled with the Dolphins and has been asked back for a visit to the team’s training facility. And Stedman Bailey — who played his high school ball at Miramar before joining Austin at West Virginia — said he will work out at the team’s local pro day, which will presumably be held in early April.

• Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas alum Gio Bernard played just two years at North Carolina — he tore his ACL during training camp in his freshman year — but said durability should not be a concern for teams considering drafting him.

“I’m still on the field; I’m still producing,” said Bernard, who rushed for 1,228 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2012.

Bernard has been invited to participate in the Dolphins’ local prospect day but is undecided on whether he will do so.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/2...l-combine.html
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I saw Aaron Nagler say that during his press conference Keenan Allen mentioned that Joe Philbin drew up a play and had him go over what kind of coverages he might see and how he should adjust to them.

So obviously they met with him as well.
    A little more from Joe Philbin's meeting with Keenan Allen
    “Last night I drew up a couple of plays. They asked me to draw my favorite plays from past years so I’ve been doing pretty good with the board,” said Allen, who caught 98 passes for 1,343 yards and six touchdowns as a junior in 2011. “The 49ers grilled me real hard on it, the Miami Dolphins and the Denver Broncos. (Dolphins Head Coach Joe Philbin) actually drew up his own play and asked what I actually thought of the play and had me draw up a couple of coverages.”

Had he not been dealing with the knee injury and forced to wait until his Pro Day on March 14th to run the 40-yard dash and show how he can run routes and catch passes, Allen would have had a lot of eyes on him during those drills. He still got to be measured, weighed in and checked out by the medical staff along with meeting individually with the teams.

Allen, who pointed to Calvin Johnson and Anquan Boldin as two current NFL receivers he emulates, left that meeting with Philbin and the Dolphins impressed with how things are run with the franchise and with what type of a coach Philbin is at this level.

“I thought it went real well,” he said. “I like the coach a lot. He liked me a lot. The connection was there.”
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/ar...c-0d945be8704b
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "The connection was there"

You know how many times I came out of an interview thinkin I did well and had a connection? many. I didnt fit. just sayin. Joe is a nice guy. He will be grilling lots of guys asking similar stuff.

btw, I wonder how impressed he will be once Ryan Swope rattles off the miami dolphin playbook. lol
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cincinnati TE Travis Kelce is meeting with the Dolphins also.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've read Keenan Allen, Lane Johnson, Travis Kelce and Kenbrell Thompkins too. Thompkins apparently said he expects the Dolphins to bring him in for a pre-draft visit.

To add to the list, Cordarrelle Patterson mentioned in a media interview yesterday that he was due to meet with the Dolphins later in the day.
    Quote Quote